The momentum shifted to Pitt

Dorsett33

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2469568 said:
No, that was not the momentum. Its Terrance Newman giving up that big play, when Steelers were barely able to move the ball.

I agree with this one. We had just scored on the two previous possessions. After he gave up the big play, it killed the field position and momentum

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Future;2469743 said:
What pass? I don't remember anything in the last 2 minutes that should have been reviewed, and we were out of reviews after the Big Ben play...

The one that got them a first down on 3rd and long that no one could make a decision on for like ten seconds. It was highly debatable, and they looked like they had no idea. It should have been reviewed. There is nothing wrong with getting the right call...especially when the game is on the line.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Biggems;2469776 said:
i thought the refs did a very good job of letting the teams play today. Both teams were chippy. There were several opportunities to call either team for illegal contact or holding in the secondary, but they didnt. There was holding and hands to the face that was seldom called.

Honestly my only beef with the refs was the spotting of the ball. It seemed to favor Pittsburgh all game, except on that last completion to Williams.

I thought the refs were OK for the most part. Those two things I mentioned were my only real big complaints....but they were enormous. They completely changed the momentum of the game. The reaction to their WR jumping up after Hamlin twisted his knee up sealed it IMO. They had completely shifter the games course....but it shouldn't have even happened. They need to get the right calls in that situation.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2469832 said:
The one that got them a first down on 3rd and long that no one could make a decision on for like ten seconds. It was highly debatable, and they looked like they had no idea. It should have been reviewed. There is nothing wrong with getting the right call...especially when the game is on the line.

it couldnt be reviewed. it wasnt within the last two minutes. only dallas had the chance to get it reviewed, but they had no more reviews left.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
cowboys4life;2469623 said:
i said to my co workers here...we are gonna find a way to lose after the field goal they kicked hit the upright and went in.....then we didnt do anything with the ball at the 40 after the kick outta bounds!!

thats when i felt it heading downhill like a snowball headed for hell

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Biggems;2469906 said:
it couldnt be reviewed. it wasnt within the last two minutes. only dallas had the chance to get it reviewed, but they had no more reviews left.

I just re watched it. It hit the ground. They got the call wrong. It's too bad....but it was a first down play, not third. Either way. That incorrect call hurt.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Future;2469616 said:
Uh, he threw that pass with his left hand...

Stupid move on Romos part.....the replay showed that he had room and time to switch to his throwing hand. It was just stupid gunslinger crap again.

Everson24

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2469568 said:
No, that was not the momentum. Its Terrance Newman giving up that big play, when Steelers were barely able to move the ball.

This is were it all changed. If newman makes a play on the ball then we keep running Tashard and continue to wear them out.

We also went to more zone coverage after that too.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2469988 said:
I just re watched it. It hit the ground. They got the call wrong. It's too bad....but it was a first down play, not third. Either way. That incorrect call hurt.

it did hurt and it could have been reviewed had the refs not called that first reviewed play a fumble....Romo was down in all the angles I saw. That would have given us a 3rd review. We would have used it on that play and made them have to go 2nd and 10.....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Just rewatched Ben's slide. He was down almost 2 full yards from where the tape was placed. They were off by a yard and a half. Just sayin'...things could've easily worked out very differently if it weren't for some bad officiating.