The more I read about the talent in this draft

RS12

Reaction score
the more convinced I am that Dallas should only trade up if either 1) an elite LT falls, the only one I could see falling into the top of round two is Beatty 2) or an elite pass rusher falls to the top of the second Barwin, English or Sintim. Everything else you will find appropriate talent/ value where the Boys are picking. D Line, WR has alot of depth. OG is weak so dont overpay. Safety is weak and I dont see difference makers there. All IMO of course.:starspin

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think you are right.

LT would be worth a trade up. Pass rusher would be worth it if there is one you really like.

If you want a S or WR, just wait at 51. A very small trade up for Duke Robinson would be alright, imo. NE at 47 would work.

Woods

Reaction score
I think it was Goose who said that at 51 we should be able to get a quality Safety.

IMO, at 51 we could get a good Safety or a solid interior OL - esp Center position.

As for WR, I think the top 7 or so, including Robiskie, will be gone by 51. I think there will be better value in the 3rd or 4th for WR.

From our perspective, we just happen to need depth at Safety, so just sitting at 51 could be advantageous for us.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
RS12;2735331 said:
the more convinced I am that Dallas should only trade up if either 1) an elite LT falls, the only one I could see falling into the top of round two is Beatty 2) or an elite pass rusher falls to the top of the second Barwin, English or Sintim. Everything else you will find appropriate talent/ value where the Boys are picking. D Line, WR has alot of depth. OG is weak so dont overpay. Safety is weak and I dont see difference makers there. All IMO of course.:starspin

I like the way you think here..:starspin