The more Jerruh says wade is coming back

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
jobberone;2526326 said:
It's the offense that is failing us. Just like last year. Wade is not an offensive coach. Lay this on Jerry, Jason and Romo.

Even though he is a defensive minded head coach, he is still the head coach. If Jason and Romo arent getting the job done Wade is responsible for making the necessary changes to make it happen. I dont see how he gets a pass just because he is a defensive coach.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Bach;2526351 said:

Not sure what is so funny about what I wrote. When has Jerry said he was going to sign a player or coach and not followed through? He may be a marketing guy but he has yet to throw his support for any player or coach and then gotten rid of them. It isnt his style.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;2526359 said:
Not sure what is so funny about what I wrote. When has Jerry said he was going to sign a player or coach and not followed through?

But you wrote that he prides himself on being honest.

That's quite humorous.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Jerruh might very well be in reactionary mode to all the people questioning hiring wade in the first place and now calling for his head. Just reacting instead of really sitting down and thinking hard about it. That is why I do not believe its a given that wade will be back. Lets face it: if we get blown out on Sunday then wade is gone and we ALL KNOW IT.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Doomsday;2526359 said:
Not sure what is so funny about what I wrote. When has Jerry said he was going to sign a player or coach and not followed through? He may be a marketing guy but he has yet to throw his support for any player or coach and then gotten rid of them. It isnt his style.

Dave Campo got Jerry's seal of approval and then Jerry courted BP behind his back and even before the season ended.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
41gy#;2526078 said:
Regardless of what happens against the Eagles. Wade Phillips will be the head coach in 2009. A win on Sunday makes him 23-10. He gets at least one more year and perhaps more.

I'm fine with that as long as Bruce Read, Brian Stewart, Wade Wilson, Hudson houck, and Jason Garrett are gone.
The defense has been playing lights out, and Jerry has a lot of money invested on that side of the ball. DeMacus Ware has become he best player in the NFL, and he is fixing to get paid, big time.

The defense plays lights out until that point in the game where you can say to yourself, "all we have to do is stop them here and its over". At that point they give up back to back, NFL record for futility plays.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think Holmgren is a real possibility given his good relationship with Jerry. But Holmgren insists that he's taking a year off. So that might have something to do with it.

Of course, I think this overwhelming talk of replacing a winning coach is silly anyway. Not sure why the press is campaigning against Wade the way they are.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If we lose to Philly. Wade will be coaching in Cleveland, and Jason Garrett will be our head coach.