The Moss-Moon incident explained...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
First of all... I think Moss is terriffic... but I can't stand him... so this is in no way an excuse but rather explains why he did it...

I was listening to Tony Dungy on Fox Sports on XM this morning... they asked him about the incident...

Dungy said he knew what he was doing immediately... apparently when you lose at Lambeau, the fans line up near the opponent's bus and moon them as they leave...

Moss was returning the favor...

TheHustler

Reaction score
hahahahahaha. when i first heard about the mooning i thought *** is this guy thinking. now if this is true, that is HILARIOUS.

thewivil

Reaction score
That is incredibly funny. In anycase, I thought what Moss did was funny as hell.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think Moss is a fool for doing it. For those who don't know the story in this thread, it makes him look like an arrogant showboat.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i cant believe most of you guys are freaking panzies over this, Moss moons the crowd at Lambeau and all of the sudden everyone is so offended, come on man....people been mooning people for years, and now all of the sudden you are offended? if what Dungy said is really true, Moss shouldve dropped his pants and done it the right way.

trickblue

Reaction score
Dungy said he had his fill of the mooning during his years of coaching at Tampa Bay...

He said he didn't condone it... but he did get a chuckle out of it...

Perhaps the Moon IS made of Cheese? :D

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
i cant believe most of you guys are freaking panzies over this, Moss moons the crowd at Lambeau and all of the sudden everyone is so offended, come on man....people been mooning people for years, and now all of the sudden you are offended? if what Dungy said is really true, Moss shouldve dropped his pants and done it the right way.

:lol:

Yeah, that incident didn't really bother me yesterday, even before knowing this information. It wasn't the most classy of gestures, but this doesn't rank up there with Moss spraying water on the refs, leaving early after the game, etc.

Betcha anything Owens was sitting at home wondering why he didn't think of it first. :lol:

EGTuna

Reaction score
Couldn't be more blown out of proportion. What Moss did, the Pack fans deserved for their mooning of other teams. The Pack fans deserved to have Tony Siragusa moon them while he was in mid-dump. The sports media treats the Pack fans (and Favre, but that's a whole other topic) like their some sort of sacred cow. They're no better or no worse than any other group of fans, with the exception of Philly.

trickblue

Reaction score
EGTuna said:
The Pack fans deserved to have Tony Siragusa moon them while he was in mid-dump.

Does anyone REALLY deserve THAT... http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/puke.gif

EGTuna said:
The sports media treats the Pack fans (and Favre, but that's a whole other topic) like their some sort of sacred cow. They're no better or no worse than any other group of fans, with the exception of Philly.

Couldn't agree with you more...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
thewivil said:
That is incredibly funny. In anycase, I thought what Moss did was funny as hell.

I didn't have an issue with it either. Joe Buck and Chris Berman totally went over board in their distaste for the action.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Fark.com ran a funny headline on this story:
"FOX Sports calls Randy Moss disgraceful and classless. Next up, Who's Your Daddy, followed by The Swan and Changing Spouses"
:rolleyes:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Okay, that "explains" the simulated mooning...

Now how about the wiping his butt on the goalpost?

Merlin

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

Maybe he had an accident during the simulated mooning and he needed to clean himself. It was a chitty prank to say the least.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but comparing a bunch of drunks to a guy making millions of dollars and representing the NFL, does not seem equal to me.

Does he have the right to do it? I guess he does if he is willing to pay the fine that comes along with it.

But it is not what I want my kids to emulate, I say the same things to my kids when I go to a game and you have a group cursing, and questioning a guys parentage, as I say about Moss.

Be better then that, it's easy to be a jerk and hard to be classy and you know what it DOES matter.

thewivil

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

The *** rub was what had me rolling.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
trickblue said:
First of all... I think Moss is terriffic... but I can't stand him... so this is in no way an excuse but rather explains why he did it...

I was listening to Tony Dungy on Fox Sports on XM this morning... they asked him about the incident...

Dungy said he knew what he was doing immediately... apparently when you lose at Lambeau, the fans line up near the opponent's bus and moon them as they leave...

Moss was returning the favor...
Ha, that's great. I just don't get all the hub-bub about this. Why was what he did so classless? It's not as if he actually dropped his pants or anything. I'm not a Randy apologist or anything, but c'mon let's give him credit, he scored 2 TDs and was the difference the game, all while fighting through a gimpy ankle. Meanwhile Favre throws a no look pass across the line of scrimmage and laughs about it and no one says anything. Can you say "Double Standard"?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pancakeman said:
Fark.com ran a funny headline on this story:
"FOX Sports calls Randy Moss disgraceful and classless. Next up, Who's Your Daddy, followed by The Swan and Changing Spouses"
:rolleyes:
Now that's funny....:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

kmp77

Reaction score
Well, hearing the backstory changes my opinion on it. He was just shoving what the dumb*** fans do right back in their faces. Now I find it funny...immature, sure...but funny. Kinda like seeing a bully get his butt beat, violence is wrong..but still funny.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:

:laugh2:

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Ha, that's great. I just don't get all the hub-bub about this. Why was what he did so classless? It's not as if he actually dropped his pants or anything. I'm not a Randy apologist or anything, but c'mon let's give him credit, he scored 2 TDs and was the difference the game, all while fighting through a gimpy ankle. Meanwhile Favre throws a no look pass across the line of scrimmage and laughs about it and no one says anything. Can you say "Double Standard"?

If your talking about the TD pass, it was called back. There is no way you can compare one to the other. After reading about the GB fans, I think it's deserved. It was classless, but hey, it's what he felt like doing at the time :p !