The Moss-Moon incident explained...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I'm not all up in arms or calling for the guy to be suspended or anything. It was not THAT bad and Joe Buck overreacted to be sure. But it WAS stupid and it WAS classless and if I had any respect for Moss in the first place it would certainly have lowered my opinion of him. But since I think he is a classless jerk from the start my opinion of him didn't change. For me personally I didn't think it was funny but it didn't disgust me either. I guess it just disappointed me more than anything.

I despise players like Moss and TO for their contributions to the lowering of the standards of personal conduct. Like it or not, right or wrong, kids emulate these jerks and that just adds to the lowering of the standards of conduct across the board in our country. I'm not trying to get all self righteous here; I'm by no means a perfect angel myself. But then I don't make millions of dollars to be in the public eye and am not looked up to by thousands (maybe millions) of kids either. [/sermon]

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Ha, that's great. I just don't get all the hub-bub about this. Why was what he did so classless? It's not as if he actually dropped his pants or anything. I'm not a Randy apologist or anything, but c'mon let's give him credit, he scored 2 TDs and was the difference the game, all while fighting through a gimpy ankle. Meanwhile Favre throws a no look pass across the line of scrimmage and laughs about it and no one says anything. Can you say "Double Standard"?
I don't see a double standard at all. What Favre did was completely stupid from a football standpoint. It probably even PO's his teammates and coaches due to it's stupidity and maybe costing them a chance to win the game. But that is a completely different realm of conduct than what Moss did. Moss made the play and then performed a classless act, period. Favre made a boneheaded play and then laughed self deprecatingly (as I saw it) and reminded us all that it is after all only a game, dumb but not classless. I'm not being a Favre apologist, just trying to put it in perspective.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I don't see a double standard at all. What Favre did was completely stupid from a football standpoint. It probably even PO's his teammates and coaches due to it's stupidity and maybe costing them a chance to win the game. But that is a completely different realm of conduct than what Moss did. Moss made the play and then performed a classless act, period. Favre made a boneheaded play and then laughed self deprecatingly (as I saw it) and reminded us all that it is after all only a game, dumb but not classless. I'm not being a Favre apologist, just trying to put it in perspective.

:laugh2: grow a pair

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jacs said:
wow that is classless :laugh2:
Yeah, but as I said above:

I'm not trying to get all self righteous here; I'm by no means a perfect angel myself. But then I don't make millions of dollars to be in the public eye and am not looked up to by thousands (maybe millions) of kids either.
I covered myself early ;)

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
jacs said:
wow that is classless :laugh2:
Great exchange :D
In light of what Tony Dungy stated it makes all those kneejerk media types look silly for trying to rip Moss.

Moss's celebration is part of a Packer tradition going back to the days when Dungy played in the NFC North (formally the NFC Central). Only a former player like Dungy would understand the inside joke, while media morale police like Joe Buck and James Brown are clueless. ;)

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Yeah, but as I said above:

I covered myself early ;)

and you also said that you hated Moss from the start and that is all, some people cry that NFL = No Fun league and when someone does something funny yall start crying because you hate him.

Just because he is making millions it dosent mean that fans can do or say whatever they please on or off the field, just take it like a man, move on and ****!!

thewivil

Reaction score
g_moss_ft.jpg

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jacs said:
and you also said that you hated Moss from the start and that is all, some people cry that NFL = No Fun league and when someone does something funny yall start crying because you hate him.

Just because he is making millions it dosent mean that fans can do or say whatever they please on or off the field, just take it like a man, move on and ****!!
Dude, what are you running on about? I don't have to like these jerks and I don't have to think that their stupid antics are funny; they are NOT IMO. If you want to condone their stunts feel free; it only speaks to the nature of YOUR character that you do. I choose not to condone it and that is that...so you **** and move on.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Dude, what are you running on about? I don't have to like these jerks and I don't have to think that their stupid antics are funny; they are NOT IMO. If you want to condone their stunts feel free; it only speaks to the nature of YOUR character that you do. I choose not to condone it and that is that...so you **** and move on.

:laugh2: :moon: :laugh2:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jacs said:
:laugh2: :moon: :laugh2:
Yeah, funny(ironic) that many find a faux mooning classless, yet I don't recall anyone having a problem with the smiley's "shooting the moon". Moss and TO do some stupid and tasteless things but the faux mooning was minor compared to what they've done in the past. Had he really dropped his pants, I would totally understand the outrage, but outrage over a faux mooning is rather silly( imo ). :moonbart:

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Yeah, funny(ironic) that many find a faux mooning classless, yet I don't recall anyone having a problem with the smiley's "shooting the moon". Moss and TO do some stupid and tasteless things but the faux mooning was minor compared to what they've done in the past. Had he really dropped his pants, I would totally understand the outrage, but outrage over a faux mooning is rather silly( imo ). :moonbart:
I have to agree...

hockix

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:

I have to agree.

I don't know if some here did play football, but when you play in front of thousands of people mooning or doing anything on you it is pretty hard to keep your emotion and don't react when you have a chance.

I don't want to defend Moss, but I can understand how much you would like to answer to the poeple having fun on you...

Lots of people can do things stupid and tasteless with emotion, imagine Moss.
:flagwave:

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
i cant believe most of you guys are freaking panzies over this, Moss moons the crowd at Lambeau and all of the sudden everyone is so offended, come on man....people been mooning people for years, and now all of the sudden you are offended? if what Dungy said is really true, Moss shouldve dropped his pants and done it the right way.

i don't think it's about being offended.

i think it's about having athletes act in such a childish and classless manner that is upsetting people.

jdnalls

Reaction score
trickblue said:
First of all... I think Moss is terriffic... but I can't stand him... so this is in no way an excuse but rather explains why he did it...

I was listening to Tony Dungy on Fox Sports on XM this morning... they asked him about the incident...

Dungy said he knew what he was doing immediately... apparently when you lose at Lambeau, the fans line up near the opponent's bus and moon them as they leave...

Moss was returning the favor...
Hey, I thought it was absolutely hilarious!!!

Now if Moss would have actually mooned the fans... then I would have had a problem with it.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i think it's about having athletes act in such a childish and classless manner that is upsetting people.

and the way that fans act upsets the athletes

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Whats next, whipping it out and pissing on the opposing teams goalpost, fans, chearleaders?