The Most Important Injury

Nupe05

Reaction score
This Is my first post..

after 10 games the one glaring injury/suspension that keeps making me shake my head is the lost of Roy Williams..Yes that Roy Williams the one that probably 3/4's of the Cowboy faithful wanted out of town 2 years ago. Now having lost newman, and kosier some may think those where bigger, but not me, Roy brought something to the table that we as fans took for granted. In there 4 losses they have been gutted ike a fish by the run with the only exception being AZ. For all his pass coverage problems No one supported the run like he did, he may not make the tackels, but at least he we be in the correct place.. I watch Keith Davis make a big hit on portis on pay and then the net 4 run plays he is competely lost, stuck behind LB, making incorret reads.. Also i have seen teams throwing far to many in routes and slants, without the threat of paying for the catch, with Roy being out of the ine up WR have been enjoying a comfort zone thru the middle, and ather Area Roy is missed in is the Special Teams, the guy played special teams as if he was a player playing for a job, and his loss has also taken Davis another special teams guy that now can't focus on doing what he was brought here to do..

i know some may not agree, and the way its shaping up He probably wont be with the team next year, but this is what life could be without Roy

Smith22

Reaction score
We are lacking at safety, but I'm not so sure Roy is the answer. I KNOW the Roy from his 1st and 2nd year IS the answer, but I don't know where that Roy went. His 1st 2 years in this league, he was a HUGE playmaker, since then..... not so much.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
....or they could draft a kid like Horton who actually makes plays at the safety position unlike either of those two.

sbark

Reaction score
There have been a handfull of "I miss RoyW SS" posts---have we seen any such from the Dallas Mediots?

Similar sit with K.Kosier also....was becoming a demolition derby in busting on him.......

As i posted earlier.......instead of just a total post count.....should be a total count and a "bash" post count.....it would be surprising to alot the extent they just bash

this is a pro Cowboys folder in the Zone.......maybe a Bash-Zone folder is needed...lol

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Roy Williams is like 6th on most important injuries. Romo was #1 by a mile.

The Roy Williams you're talking about hasn't been a Dallas Cowboy for several years.

My guess is the Roy Williams of today won't be back next year.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I think Killa is a slight.............real slight upgrade over RW at this point in RW's career. Pretty sad when you think about it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sbark;2427559 said:
There have been a handfull of "I miss RoyW SS" posts---have we seen any such from the Dallas Mediots?
Depends on what you're reading. In every DMN chat or occasional blog post, they've noted his loss as a factor in the run defense. They'll still throw him under the bus for his coverage, but they'll point out that he's better than the guys currently manning the SS spot.

IIRC, the Star-Telegram has not written anything on Safety Roy. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

juck

Reaction score
We need to draft a fat NT.Also a safety.I wouldnt mind seeing Hamlin there tho and Henry as FS.

Nupe05

Reaction score
As for the feature i have no guess what there going to do, but this year Romo injury was very big i have to agree.. but Roy brought a lot to the table that would help this team out this year..his lack of coverage would be glossed over due to the pass rush we have now, and that makes all DB's look alot better than they really are (NY giants secondary a prime example). they have been smashed at times with the run and the SS there now truly havent helped at all in the Run, and if anyone thinks that Keith Davis is a better coverman the Roy, i question your Sight :), he looks decent due to the pressure we get from the pass rush which would have certainly helped Roy at this stage of his career.. i also agree a safety like Horton would be great, but thats not easy to find, that guy was a 7th round pick.

What i suspect is that Jerry being Jerry look for Bob Sanders to be wined and dined, he is currently Franchised in Indy, and with him missing more games than playing team will probably let him go in to free agency.. dont be suprised to see him in Big D next year and with Roy salary being purged could be a possibility

aikemirv

Reaction score
Nupe05;2427758 said:
As for the feature i have no guess what there going to do, but this year Romo injury was very big i have to agree.. but Roy brought a lot to the table that would help this team out this year..his lack of coverage would be glossed over due to the pass rush we have now, and that makes all DB's look alot better than they really are (NY giants secondary a prime example). they have been smashed at times with the run and the SS there now truly havent helped at all in the Run, and if anyone thinks that Keith Davis is a better coverman the Roy, i question your Sight :), he looks decent due to the pressure we get from the pass rush which would have certainly helped Roy at this stage of his career.. i also agree a safety like Horton would be great, but thats not easy to find, that guy was a 7th round pick.

What i suspect is that Jerry being Jerry look for Bob Sanders to be wined and dined, he is currently Franchised in Indy, and with him missing more games than playing team will probably let him go in to free agency.. dont be suprised to see him in Big D next year and with Roy salary being purged could be a possibility

I think Jerry is going to be quite done with the "talent" type acquisitions of recent years and paying big money to them. No way we pay Sanders IMO.

We have enough talent, we need to have more football players on this team

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;2427770 said:
I think Jerry is going to be quite done with the "talent" type acquisitions of recent years and paying big money to them. No way we pay Sanders IMO.

We have enough talent, we need to have more football players on this team
Bob Sanders has already been extended.

Colts signed S Bob Sanders to a five-year, $37.5 million extension through 2012. The deal includes $20 million in guarantees. The deal makes him the NFL's highest paid safety.

SixShooter

Reaction score
That Roy Williams is done. We do need more talent at safety. The Cowboys will need to draft a good prospect, but I'm not going to lament an injury over a guy who has played well below his capabilities for several years now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Nupe05;2427550 said:
This Is my first post..

after 10 games the one glaring injury/suspension that keeps making me shake my head is the lost of Roy Williams..Yes that Roy Williams the one that probably 3/4's of the Cowboy faithful wanted out of town 2 years ago. Now having lost newman, and kosier some may think those where bigger, but not me, Roy brought something to the table that we as fans took for granted. In there 4 losses they have been gutted ike a fish by the run with the only exception being AZ. For all his pass coverage problems No one supported the run like he did, he may not make the tackels, but at least he we be in the correct place.. I watch Keith Davis make a big hit on portis on pay and then the net 4 run plays he is competely lost, stuck behind LB, making incorret reads.. Also i have seen teams throwing far to many in routes and slants, without the threat of paying for the catch, with Roy being out of the ine up WR have been enjoying a comfort zone thru the middle, and ather Area Roy is missed in is the Special Teams, the guy played special teams as if he was a player playing for a job, and his loss has also taken Davis another special teams guy that now can't focus on doing what he was brought here to do..

i know some may not agree, and the way its shaping up He probably wont be with the team next year, but this is what life could be without Roy

Losing Roy Williams is a huge loss to this defense. The bright side of losing him to injury is maybe we will appreciate him enough to keep him around.