The most important upgrade for this team

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't think it is a questions of want too, I think it is a question of ego that does not allow him too.

Jerry's attitude is one of a compulsive gambler, no matter how much they lose, they have faith that the NEXT game/hand will SURELY be the one that they "strike it rich" on. Keep at it long enough, play enough hands and with their great skill they WILL win. It's just a matter of time.

Even when they have lost everything it still doesn't sink in that just MAYBE they aren't that good, it's that "it's not my time yet".

Like a lady on the television where I live after the lottery came out, when asked if she would keep playing despite her numbers not winning "My numbers have to come up sooner or later". Which isn't true, every drawing is a new one, it matters not one bit what numbers came up before. But she just doesn't see that.

When most people say "If Jerry really wants to win he'd hire a general manager" they are looking at it logically, or how THEY would look at it. But Jerry has his own mindset, and it matters not one whit if it's right or not, that's how he sees it...

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Hell, I would. That's the best part of getting older, everybody expects us to be protective of our lawns. Trespassers will be humiliated, then shot.
LOL very true, but I gotta keep my stress level down, tryin to find my inner zen...namaste my brother.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
In Switzer's defense, he got off the porch to come help a friend out, he even said in one of his first interviews that he expected these guys to police themselves, they're adults.

Switzer knew he had a SB team and was not going to mess it up. You know how much ego you have to hold back to do that? He did what any one of us would have done, just sit back and watch the show. If it wasn't for a blown call, he might had had 2 SB wins in those two years. What i remember the most is having the camera show him sitting on the bench during the game eating a hot dog once. He was no dolt.

Now as for Quinn, let's hope DC Quinn is the real deal. Takes control of this defense and gives them life. But that may be asking too much this first year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but that still makes his want to win a huge question mark.
How bad someone wants to win is easily identified by their commitment to removing all obstacles to winning. By that standard JJ does not want to win bad enough to make changes that obviously need to be made.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The softness is why I wanted Rayshawn Jenkins. But we wanted kazee and Hooker. :(