The mugging of Hoyte .... (NYG game)

proline

Reaction score
I was just re-watching some of the Giants game, and I noticed some interesting stuff that happened on Romo's 2nd INT.

Demps picked off the overthrown pass to T.O. Hoyte comes flying down the field and levels him, just as he is about to try to lateral the ball to somebody.

1) I can't believe Demps didn't lose the ball on that hit.
2) The Giants then proceeded to jump all over Hoyte while he was on the ground, as if they took offense to the hit he put on Demps. No flags were thrown, and the commentators made no mention of it.

Just thought it was an interesting sequence and wondered if anyone saw it the same way I did.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I was out side when all this happened in the game, can one of the video guru's on this site, rip that vid and post it?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
well...he did play linebacker :) good to know someone on offense knows how to tackle

J-DOG

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too.

Made me mad.

That whole team is full of it's self.

ddh33

Reaction score
I saw about a dozen things that seemed indicative of the character of that Giants team. They don't seem to have much class.

I do think people who cheer for Dallas can be proud of the characters that Bill has brought into this team. I know there are one or two who have reputations and are disliked, but just about all of the guys here are likeable.

sjw213

Reaction score
guys, check our Hoyte's lead block on MBIII's 1 st TD...plasters 58, then jaws at him....sweeeeeet

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
proline;1212546 said:
I was just re-watching some of the Giants game, and I noticed some interesting stuff that happened on Romo's 2nd INT.

Demps picked off the overthrown pass to T.O. Hoyte comes flying down the field and levels him, just as he is about to try to lateral the ball to somebody.

1) I can't believe Demps didn't lose the ball on that hit.
2) The Giants then proceeded to jump all over Hoyte while he was on the ground, as if they took offense to the hit he put on Demps. No flags were thrown, and the commentators made no mention of it.

Just thought it was an interesting sequence and wondered if anyone saw it the same way I did.

When I looked at it a second time, it appeared that Hoyte was trying to pull the ball away from Demps, which made it appear he was recovering a fumble. I'm not sure, but the Giants could have been responding to that.

Since the officials never ruled it a fumble, though, New York should have been penalized.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
gimmesix;1212693 said:
When I looked at it a second time, it appeared that Hoyte was trying to pull the ball away from Demps, which made it appear he was recovering a fumble. I'm not sure, but the Giants could have been responding to that.

Since the officials never ruled it a fumble, though, New York should have been penalized.
I just watched it again, and it looks like Demps was thinking about lateraling the ball to a teammate right before he was jacked by Hoyte. Holding the ball out like that, it looks like it may have wiggled loose a bit, and Hoyte pounced at the opportunity. Then, for some reason, Pierce essentially decided to jump on Ollie's head, and Sam Madison was basically sitting on top of him with his knee directly in Hoyte's stomach. More bush league BS from the team that I am despising more and more each day.

It never used to be close for me...the 'Skins and the Eagles were the two teams I hated the most in the East (with the 'Skins usually my most hated). But this group of Giants is really pushing my hatred for them closer to the rest of the East teams.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
eman721;1212702 said:
It never used to be close for me...the 'Skins and the Eagles were the two teams I hated the most in the East (with the 'Skins usually my most hated). But this group of Giants is really pushing my hatred for them closer to the rest of the East teams.

I got there with the whole "ballin" thing, plus Shockey's big mouth, Burress' big mouth and Jacobs' big mouth. These Giants won me over ... I hate them as much as the other East teams.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
I didn't notice all the extra stuff, but I definitely noticed that BIG hit Hoyte put on him.

Actually I do recall thinking that they piled up on Hoyte afterwards.