The new stadium was Topped Out today

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
The final piece of steel beam was put in place, actually is being hoisted as we speak. There should be video on some of the local affiliates website's later today.

Good timing, as the traditional "topping out tree" can now be decorated for Christmas.

Top THAT Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree... I DARE ya!!

:star:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You going to go by there and see it? How soon before the retractable roof starts being assembled in place? Basically they have 8 months left to finish it. Too dang cool.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware returns to practice, Jones at stadium topping ceremony
12/04/2008

Associated Press

Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware returned to practice today, while running back Marion Barber missed another session.

Ware is dealing with a hyperextended knee. Barber has a dislocated pinkie toe.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, speaking at a stadium topping ceremony in Arlington, said he expects both will play Sunday at Pittsburgh.

Jones says he hopes Barber will be able to practice tomorrow.

Also, Jones says Adam "Pacman" Jones appears to be in good shape, as he gets ready for his first game following a six-game suspension over an October scuffle at a Dallas hotel.

The player recently completed alcohol rehab.

The team owner says he expects Jones to play defense and on kick returns against the Steelers.

-- Former Cowboys Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin and Rayfield Wright were on hand as a crane lifted a five-foot-long section of a piece of what will be the stadium roof.

The more than $1 billion dollar venue, with a retractable roof, will be used by the Cowboys during the 2009 season.

----------------------

Video: http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=35577@ktvt.dayport.com

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hostile;2461328 said:
You going to go by there and see it? How soon before the retractable roof starts being assembled in place? Basically they have 8 months left to finish it. Too dang cool.

Here in Pennsylvania, at Clark Metal where I work the 3rd shift, we're assembling all of the fixtures for that 60 yard jumbo-tron at the new stadium, and shipping them out to Mitsubishi for distribution. 75 frames per week to be exact. Pallet after pallet continue to go out every week with stacks of these frames.

We will be finished with the contract by the first part of January. It's pretty awesome to be living here in Steeler's country, and getting to participate in something that is going to be a part of the Dallas Cowboy's new stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I got an email today that stated that there are only 6000 reserved seats left and 3500 club seats.

Apparently the stadium is 85% sold out.

MONT17

Reaction score
whats the over under on the 60 yard long video board goin up on schedule

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Fletch;2461423 said:
Here in Pennsylvania, at Clark Metal where I work the 3rd shift, we're assembling all of the fixtures for that 60 yard jumbo-tron at the new stadium, and shipping them out to Mitsubishi for distribution. 75 frames per week to be exact. Pallet after pallet continue to go out every week with stacks of these frames.

We will be finished with the contract by the first part of January. It's pretty awesome to be living here in Steeler's country, and getting to participate in something that is going to be a part of the Dallas Cowboy's new stadium.

It is pretty awesome to have a hand in the construction and your involved in the best part too, the jumbo-tron.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch;2461423 said:

You are so lucky. I hate you. :bow:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another vid featuring Mike and Emmitt

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/video/dallasnews/local_state/index.html?nvid=310326&emb

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Fletch;2461423 said:

Hmm...I'm looking for a job right now :eek:hboy:

Dion2288

Reaction score
thomas_22;2461368 said:
does anyone know wen there going to start giving tours?

Had a tour of Texas Stadium this summer. They said, tours of the new stadium should begin late June.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
That video is wonderful. The scene with Mike looking out at the field and the frame of that jumbo-tron out in the middle is unreal.

I wonder if people in the upper deck will get vertigo watching that thing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Fletch;2461423 said:

It's dang cool that you are part of this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In the videos it looks like the retractable roof is already assembled and in place.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Hostile;2461328 said:

From what I've seen and read, and if my memory serves me, they've been laying the roof panels for several weeks or more.

As you noted in your post on page 2, it appears to be 50-60% covered. Not sure if it's just a substructure or something, but there's definitely something over the hole.