White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1 - WR Limas Sweed
1 - CB Aqib Talib
2 - RB Chris Johnson
3 - SS Josh Barrett
4 - CB Dwight Lowery
5 - FB Peyton Hillis

not a bad draft and i can definitely live with it.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Not too shabby

Have a link to the rest to see what we passed on, etc?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2008.php

22. Dallas Cowboys: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
Jerry Jones was quoted as saying that his No. 1 priority is acquiring a top-notch target across from Terrell Owens. That's pretty obvious, as Terry Glenn is nearing retirement, while Patrick Crayton did everything in his power to knock his own team out of the playoffs. If the Cowboys can't trade for Anquan Boldin or Roy Williams, they'll have to spend one of their first two selections on a wide out.

28. Dallas Cowboys: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
Terence Newman and Anthony Henry aren't exactly young. Newman will be 30 in September 2008, while Henry doesn't have many productive seasons remaining in the NFL. Jacques Reeves, who signed a ridiculous contract with Houston, was one of the worst nickel corners in the NFL. Aqib Talib would be a great addition to Dallas' defensive backfield.
I moved Talib down in the wake of his smoking weed because some teams might be scared to take him. To quote Bill Parcells, "That's just dumb." I'm willing to bet that at least two-thirds of NFL players smoke herb. It shouldn't be a big deal, but that's what the media will make it out to be.

(fact that he calls it herb and not pot, no doubt tells me this guy likes it too. LOL!)

61. Dallas Cowboys: Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
Julius Jones is gone, and the Cowboys clearly don't think Marion Barber can carry the load on his own; otherwise he'd be doing so already instead of starting his first game in the playoffs. The lightning-quick Chris Johnson (4.25 speed) will be a perfect change-of-pass back for the powerful Barber.

92. Dallas Cowboys: Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State
As I mentioned in my Cowboys 2008 Offseason page, there's a good chance Roy Williams could be released or traded, per the Dallas Morning News. Dallas needs an upgrade at strong safety.

126. Dallas Cowboys: Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State
More cornerbacking depth for a team that has none. Dwight Lowery's stock has slipped a bit, but as a former second-round prospect, he's a bargain here.

163. Dallas Cowboys: Peyton Hillis, FB, Arkansas
Both Oliver Hoyte and Deon Anderson were in and out of the lineup for the Cowboys, so they really didn't get a chance to utilize a pass-catching fullback in their offense last season. That'll change here with Peyton Hillis.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
PJTHEDOORS;2031793 said:
[
To quote Bill Parcells, "That's just dumb." I'm willing to bet that at least two-thirds of NFL players smoke herb. It shouldn't be a big deal, but that's what the media will make it out to be.

(fact that he calls it herb and not pot, no doubt tells me this guy likes it too. LOL!)

I think I'll call b/s on this quote...I'd be really really surprised if the former NFL coach Bill Parcells actually said this...he may have found Bill Joe Parcells in some NE town somewhere and quoted him, but the above quote doesnt sound like Parcells the coach to me at all

the only part of the quote that might be accurate is the "thats just dumb" part, and he would have been referring to the fact the kid did it in the first place

David

Tobal

Reaction score
dbair1967;2031816 said:
I think I'll call b/s on this quote...I'd be really really surprised if the former NFL coach Bill Parcells actually said this...he may have found Bill Joe Parcells in some NE town somewhere and quoted him, but the above quote doesnt sound like Parcells the coach to me at all

the only part of the quote that might be accurate is the "thats just dumb" part, and he would have been referring to the fact the kid did it in the first place

David

That was the quote, the underlined part was his opinion.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
so the fact that cowboys say they aren't going WR in the 1st round our 1st pick is a WR

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2031725 said:
1 - WR Limas Sweed
1 - CB Aqib Talib
2 - RB Chris Johnson
3 - SS Josh Barrett
4 - CB Dwight Lowery
5 - FB Peyton Hillis

not a bad draft and i can definitely live with it.

I"d do BACKFLIPS for WEEKS, I just don't see Talib fallin to #28, Johnson fallin to our late 2nd, Barrett fallin to our late 3rd Safeties who weigh 220 pounds and run 4.33's usually don't fall to late 3rd round, I have him mid 2nd rounder, Lowery should be there cause of his 4.62 and I like that pick and like Hillis pick although I don't know where Hillis is ranked as far as round.

Plus if we get Pacman which is likely, I dont' see us going C.B. round 1.