The Next Big Game

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Is Denver an "important game"? Absolutely.

Is Denver a measuring stick to how good we are? Ummm...I'm not so sure.

Win or lose will you really have a feel for where the Cowboys are as a team? Make no mistake about it, we will measure ourselves in the next real "Big Game" and that will be at Philly.

Don't get me wrong, I realize every game is huge in a 3 point league, but I believe all the questions from fans and media alike will come out in that game--and the answers will tell us where we stand.

Can we compete with Philly & Giants within the division?
How will we play in the first game back to the "scene of the crime"?
Can we hold Desean Jackson down? Can we run on them?

And most importantly - Will we get great Tony or Bad Tony? Game manager in a loss or gunslinger in a win?

Denver, KC, Atlanta...gotta win those, but we all know the next time this team will be judged as a contender or pretender, the next time Tony will have to prove himself, the next time we see what happens when we get punched in the mouth.

That my friends will be on a Sunday night in front of the entire country in Philly. We will know then who the Dallas Cowboys are this year.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
since its the Cowboys we are talking about the next big game is
always THE NEXT GAME.

no matter who it is

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rampage;2984020 said:
the next "big game" imo is Atlanta
:hammer:

poke;2984057 said:
since its the Cowboys we are talking about the next big game is
always THE NEXT GAME.

no matter who it is
:hammer: :hammer:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Atlanta is the next big game. Denver means nothing unless we lose.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
stilltheguru;2984063 said:
Atlanta is the next big game. Denver means nothing unless we lose.

Nah, this is a big game to keep pace in the East. Yes, you have to try and win your division and we are already a game down in that dept. But you have to win games no matter which division they come from just to keep pace.

Denver at the momentum has the #1 ranked defense, albiet against inferior teams, but nonetheless, they are ranked #1 till proven otherwise.

This is a very big away game for us.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Fletch;2984076 said:
Nah, this is a big game to keep pace in the East. Yes, you have to try and win your division and we are already a game down in that dept. But you have to win games no matter which division they come from just to keep pace.

Denver at the momentum has the #1 ranked defense, albiet against inferior teams, but nonetheless, they are ranked #1 till proven otherwise.

This is a very big away game for us.

C'mon. If that #1 ranked defense is legit, I'm a Chinese jet pilot. When I see Denver's rankings I think of 2006 when Indianapolis had the #1 ranked passing defense. Were they good against the pass? Not at all because you could run on them until the cows came home, they just got it together at the right time.

Same thing here, the ranking is a product of smoke and mirrors.

I can't imagine how much we would be the underdogs if we had one or more offensive lineman out for this game as Denver does. I still think the line will shift another point in favor of Dallas before game day.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;2984079 said:
C'mon. If that #1 ranked defense is legit, I'm a Chinese jet pilot. When I see Denver's rankings I think of 2006 when Indianapolis had the #1 ranked passing defense. Were they good against the pass? Not at all because you could run on them until the cows came home, they just got it together at the right time.

Same thing here, the ranking is a product of smoke and mirrors.

I can't imagine how much we would be the underdogs if we had one or more offensive lineman out for this game as Denver does. I still think the line will shift another point in favor of Dallas before game day.

The line just might go up a tad. But like I said, until proven othewise, they are still ranked #1. Now it's up to the Cowboys to prove to the nation that it is indeed all smoke and mirrors in Denver, and to win the game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Fletch;2984080 said:
The line just might go up a tad. But like I said, until proven othewise, they are still ranked #1. Now it's up to the Cowboys to prove to the nation that it is indeed all smoke and mirrors in Denver, and to win the game.

Guys, if we cant beat freaking Denver then we are frauds, pure and simple. No way we should lose to Denver if we are legit, seriously.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I see Denver as a big game to see if the Cowboys can maintain a level of consistency moving forward.