The next dat? bruschi? zach thomas?

silver

Reaction score
D'Qwell Jackson, Maryland (6-0½, 230; 4.77)
He had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran two 40s in 4.73 and 4.80. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.36 and the three-cone drill in 7.05. In addition, he had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-8 broad jump and 19 bench presses. In high school, he played quarterback, linebacker, punter and running back (950 yards and 13 touchdowns his senior season). At Maryland, he played in every game in 2002 as a true freshman. He started 34 games over the next three seasons. He missed the Temple game in 2005 with an injury. He had six interceptions in three seasons. A great competitor who had outstanding production at Maryland; he was the team's leading tackler for three consecutive seasons. He has great instincts and plays smart. He's small for his height and weight by NFL standards, but he gets the job done. He can play inside or on the weak side. This is a very good player.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
reminds me of Dat, and I wanted the COwboys to think about selecting him in the 2nd to play ILB before they signed AKin Ayodele

superpunk

Reaction score
Likewise, Summer. I was all about D'Qwell, just because he was a monster on D for the Terps, and is alwaysa round the ball. I still wouldn't mind if we go elsewhere in the first, and take him in the second. He can play inside or outside, I think - but might be better suited for the 4-3.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Teddy Bruschi was a DE in college.

I think the guy that best fits what Bruschi gives to a team is Chris Gocong. He's relentless and smart. Personally, I think he fits the bill as a 3-4 ILB better than he does a 3-4 OLB. But he could play the strong side OLB spot if need be.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If he were a bigger guy, that speed would seem OK, but that sounds just a tad slow to me.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Does everyone remember when we all were checking out videos on Merriman last year. The comment most heard was "Who is that other guy all over the field?" Well folks, D'Quell Jackson is that fellow. All over the field and involved in a lot of plays.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
This is a player that plays the game with a lot of heart....the hardest thing to measure.

superpunk

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
His game speed is a lot faster than his 40 speed.

Completely. Dude FLIES over the field. He is extremely fun to watch, and he's got the same sort of attitude that you see in merriman. Of course, the added bonus is that he's been palying in the 3-4 in college. I like. I like alot. But, then again, I'm a Terps fan, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. If we somehow end up with him, though - don't anyone shed any tears. He is a player.

silver

Reaction score
kinda reminds me of chris spielman (ohio st, detroit lions). i remember bill walsh's comments at the combine ('88?):"throw away the stop watch, he always makes the tackle"

silver

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Does everyone remember when we all were checking out videos on Merriman last year. The comment most heard was "Who is that other guy all over the field?" Well folks, D'Quell Jackson is that fellow. All over the field and involved in a lot of plays.
oh i remember. he made more plays than merriman for sure.

Gaede

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:

Yeah, I've been a fan ever since

burmafrd

Reaction score
TOO small for BP- look how hard Dat had to play to impress BP and Dat was already here.

silver

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
TOO small for BP- look how hard Dat had to play to impress BP and Dat was already here.

if he can add 15 lbs he can be as tall and heavy as tedy bruschi.

check this quote from Tom Casale, from the Patriots Football Weekly(the pats site): "He may not have blazing speed but he has football smarts that allows him to be in a spot before the play gets there. I think timed speed is overrated when it comes to middle linebackers because they usually play in a short area. Ted Johnson and Tedy Bruschi never had blazing speed but they worked out okay."

he's talking about Oliver Hoyte, North Carolina State, but the same could be said about D'Quell Jackson ;)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:

I remember that very well. I was more impressed with him than with Merriman. And Merriman has actually done better than I thought he would.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:

everyone has to play extremely hard to impress BP, even if you're 7'5" 380

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
All I know is the guy is a player. From what I remember, he was all over the field and exploding into the backfield. He chased at least 2 or 3 plays into Merrimans highlight reel.