The next game decides nothing....

juck

Reaction score
if we win yes we win the title,but if we lose we can still win the title by beating the lions and the eagles losing to atlanta.

juck

Reaction score
right i agree but i am just saying.they have to win we dont.but will anyway:p:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;1241586 said:
if we win yes we win the title,but if we lose we can still win the title by beating the lions and the eagles losing to atlanta.

this is a horrendous way to think.

The first step in any good teams plans is to win its division. you must win the division.

This actually is the biggest game of the year. Lose this game and we will have to go on the road to seattle/philly in the first round.

I think the players will understand what is on the line.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
juckie;1241586 said:

:rolleyes:

yeah, lets think continue to pin our hopes on others instead of taking care of business ourselves

maybe whoever wins the Lombardi Trophy will say they just werent worthy enough and give it to us after losing in the first rd of the playoffs too

if we cant win next week, we dont deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone win the division...there is ZERO excuse to lose

David

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;1241603 said:
:rolleyes:

yeah, lets think continue to pin our hopes on others instead of taking care of business ourselves

maybe whoever wins the Lombardi Trophy will say they just werent worthy enough and give it to us after losing in the first rd of the playoffs too

if we cant win next week, we dont deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone win the division...there is ZERO excuse to lose

David
We deserve to be in the playoffs since we clinched a berth. Win or lose to the Eagles. Unless of course you can make a case of someone who didn't make that is more deserving. Or maybe the NFL should truncate the NFC Playoff field to five?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1241623 said:
We deserve to be in the playoffs since we clinched a berth. Win or lose to the Eagles. Unless of course you can make a case of someone who didn't make that is more deserving. Or maybe the NFL should truncate the NFC Playoff field to five?

Wow, that went so far over your head that NASA is wondering what the Hell just happened :rolleyes:

adamknite

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241605 said:
Then why start this thread?

Why post in the thead about how much you hate the thread without any comment on the subject matter?

+1 to the post count for me... hoo ray.

We need to be Philly, not because it's a "must win" but more for pride since we lost a game to them that we really should/could have won. I personally don't want to win the Division with a Divisonal record of 2-4......

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241629 said:
Wow, that went so far over your head that NASA is wondering what the Hell just happened :rolleyes:
I understand what he's saying, but to say we "don't even deserve to be in the playoffs if we lose to Philadelphia" is so nonsensical and typical of those who like to overexaggerate everything everytime we lose.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1241637 said:
I understand what he's saying, but to say we "don't even deserve to be in the playoffs if we lose to Philadelphia" is so nonsensical and typical of those who like to overexaggerate everything everytime we lose.

If we cant beat an inferior opponent at home with the division on the line, we dont desere to do anything but sit at home

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241656 said:
If we cant beat an inferior opponent at home with the division on the line, we dont desere to do anything but sit at home
You just don't get it. We deserve a playoff spot because over the course of a SIXTEEN GAME season, We were one of the top six teams in the conference. There's no one in the conference not in the playoffs more deserving of a playoff berth than us. To say so is an overexaggeration

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1241670 said:
You just don't get it. We deserve a playoff spot because over the course of a SIXTEEN GAME season, We were one of the top six teams in the conference. There's no one in the conference not in the playoffs more deserving of a playoff berth than us. To say so is an overexaggeration

A team's character is defined not by how they perform against better teams, but how they perform against inferior one's when they absolutely have to win. Next week is a MUST WIN if we want a home playoff game and any shot at a first round by.

If our team cant get up and beat an injury depleted, Jeff Garcia led team at home on Christmas day on national TV, then it proves we have little to no attitude and charatcer.

I don't care what OTHER teams are doing. We dont deserve anything other than a first round exit if we lose next week.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241681 said:
A team's character is defined not by how they perform against better teams, but how they perform against inferior one's when they absolutely have to win. Next week is a MUST WIN if we want a home playoff game and any shot at a first round by.

If our team cant get up and beat an injury depleted, Jeff Garcia led team at home on Christmas day on national TV, then it proves we have little to no attitude and charatcer.

I don't care what OTHER teams are doing. We dont deserve anything other than a first round exit if we lose next week.

Well, hopefully Dallas wins on Monday and makes this discussion moot.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241656 said:

Well we are already in so your opinion is meaningless.

juck

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241681 said:

i am just stating what is mathematically happening.i realize that we want to win this,but mathematically for the division anyway its not a must win.just in case ,our d doesnt show up and we lose.okay.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1241690 said:
Well we are already in so your opinion is meaningless.

No, it's not. It doesnt matter if we're already in. We were in back in 2003, but we clearly had no right being there. That team didnt have character. Just because we are in doesnt mean we will do anything once we're there. I'd just as soon go 0-16 and get the first pick than back into the playoffs and get blasted in the first round.

This week will prove a lot about what this year's group is made of

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1241693 said:
No, it's not. It doesnt matter if we're already in. We were in back in 2003, but we clearly had no right being there. That team didnt have character. Just because we are in doesnt mean we will do anything once we're there. I'd just as soon go 0-16 and get the first pick than back into the playoffs and get blasted in the first round.

This week will prove a lot about what this year's group is made of
once again over exaggeration.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
How is it backing into the playoffs when we have as many wins as any other wild card team could ever have AND have beaten the teams like the Panthers and Falcons, one of which is basically eliminated and the other which cannot be ahead of us.

Under no definition of the term "backing in" can it be said that a team that clinches a playoff berth in week 15 has backed in.