The NFC East since 2004

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Looks like W or Gmen may be due…but I doubt it
Yeah that's the crazy thing. I'd say those two or due....but I can't get behind Washington's QB. Giants just don't have a good enough roster. Then there's Eagles and Cowboys....Eagles lost coaches and a lot of talent it makes sense for them to take a step back but even them taking a step back could still be good enough for the NFC East. Just don't know.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Yeah that's the crazy thing. I'd say those two or due....but I can't get behind Washington's QB. Giants just don't have a good enough roster. Then there's Eagles and Cowboys....Eagles lost coaches and a lot of talent it makes sense for them to take a step back but even them taking a step back could still be good enough for the NFC East. Just don't know.
Agree! Every year I wait for another one of those two rivals to have a strong year but they just have too many holes. I think Giants closer than W

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last team to repeat as NFC East champions was Philly, and they’ll be the odds on favorite to repeat this season.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
In 2004 Philadelphia lost the SB after winning the division 4 consecutive times. That began the curse

Jalen Hurts may have just reversed it by repeating that event and saved us all. 4 straight incoming?

plasticman

Reaction score
It will be Washington. They climb out under a rock every 6 to 7 seasons just to screw things up.

Over the past 17 seasons the Washington Whatevers have been 3rd or 4th place 14 times. The other three times, they won the division.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
It will be a two-horse race for sure, all things being equal, you could probably argue that the Eagles have a slight edge, but I think the law of averages catches up to the Eagles this year.

There is a very good reason why most teams don't have their QBs run 10+ times a game. The Eagles have been lucky that Hurts hasn't missed significant time the last two years, but unless he becomes primarily a pocket-passer that occasionally runs, history tells us he will miss some time, which will be enough to put us over the top.

JustChip

Reaction score
It will be Washington. They climb out under a rock every 6 to 7 seasons just to screw things up.

Over the past 17 seasons the Washington Whatevers have been 3rd or 4th place 14 times. The other three times, they won the division.
But they won the Division those 3 times not because they were so good, but because the other 3 teams were so bad. I can’t see that being the case this year.

JustChip

Reaction score
In 2004 Philadelphia lost the SB after winning the division 4 consecutive times. That began the curse

Jalen Hurts may have just reversed it by repeating that event and saved us all. 4 straight incoming?
Your guys are certainly a very good team, but a lot of things have to go right for even a very good team to make it to the Super Bowl, much less win it. It’s unlikely to have fortune in back to back years. Case in point was Carolina in 2015 & 2016. They’re 15-1 and Super Bowl runners up in ‘15 and 6-10, 4th place in the Division the next year.

I liken it to an MLB that wins way above the average of 1 run games one year and rides that to the postseason. That generally reverses the next year, unless of course the team has Mariano Rivera.