The NFC is really starting to come into focus

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
After today's games, IMO the NFC goes like this:

1: Carolina
2: Atlanta
3: Dallas/New York (East will come down to the wire)
4: Seattle
5: Winner of Philly/ Washington
6: Loser of Philly/Washington
7: Chicago
8: St. Louis

Tampa was exposed as a true pretender, and these are the 8 teams I see battling for the 6 playoff spots

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I lot of 6-2 teams and 5-3 teams. Heck we were in it right to the bitter end last season with a measly 5/6 late in December.....

We control our destiny -

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
I lot of 6-2 teams and 5-3 teams. Heck we were in it right to the bitter end last season with a measly 5/6 late in December.....

We control our destiny -

Yes, but anything more than 6-2 the second half of the year is wishful homerism

5-3 is more likely

JDSmith

Reaction score
We went 5 - 3 with a defense that was learning on the fly. I think we can do better in the second half, I feel 6 - 2 is not unrealistic at all. We'll probably lose in Carolina, other than that what game scares you? I figure we'll lose another one somewhere along the lines on a fluke, but none of the teams on our schedule is making me particularly nervous considering the way our D is playing and the fact that we're going to play the second half of the season with Julius not having to run the ball 30 times a game because of the emergence of Barber and Crayton returning to the lineup to bolster our passing game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Philly game because of the revenge factor and the Broncos game because no one can stop their running game scare me.The game in NY also scares me because they play very well there.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
We went 5 - 3 with a defense that was learning on the fly. I think we can do better in the second half, I feel 6 - 2 is not unrealistic at all. We'll probably lose in Carolina, other than that what game scares you? I figure we'll lose another one somewhere along the lines on a fluke, but none of the teams on our schedule is making me particularly nervous considering the way our D is playing and the fact that we're going to play the second half of the season with Julius not having to run the ball 30 times a game because of the emergence of Barber and Crayton returning to the lineup to bolster our passing game.

Nothing really scares me. Every game is winnable for sure, but they're all losable too. The Lions game is the only real easy one left

JDSmith

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The Philly game because of the revenge factor and the Broncos game because no one can stop their running game scare me.The game in NY also scares me because they play very well there.

The Broncos aren't great on the road - they are 1 - 2 so far this year away from Denver. They are going to be playing on a short week in Irving, so frankly I'm not all that worried about them. Yeah, they run the ball well but they haven't faced a D as good as ours and we will be able to run the ball just a little bit on them too.

Philly can talk about revenge, until they start playing like they don't suck it's just hot air.

The game in NY is going to be interesting because they play better at home, but we beat them with Anthony Thomas as our RB so I think the team we send there will be a lot better than the one we fielded here when we beat them last time.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
NO its' not shaping up, the NFC will shape up win the divsion games are done. Come back to me about carolina, when they find a way to beat Vick. And after Dallas plays Carolina, we will really know. The teams that are playing for more than pride in december are the ones that are contenders, right now,

carolina has shown me nothing but they can beat down on already beaten teams ( TB, Minn, Broken NE, GB, AZ)

New england and TB with winning records, and the other teams the beat and the ones they lost to have no more than 3 wins, and miami is the only one with 3 wins.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Tampa was exposed as a true pretender, and these are the 8 teams I see battling for the 6 playoff spots

You have nine teams listed, not eight. The second team out of Dallas/Giants would be No. 5, and the Philly-Washington winner would be No. 6, with the loser no better than No. 7.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
You have nine teams listed, not eight. The second team out of Dallas/Giants would be No. 5, and the Philly-Washington winner would be No. 6, with the loser no better than No. 7.

Yeah, sorry bout that

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We have

Philly
Giants
Washington
Carolina
StLouis

On our schedule - we control our destiny.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
..from here on in to the end of the season..injuries will play an important part of who finishes strong when so many teams appear to be so close in talent.

I'm feeling we can continue to play as we are and compete, but the last wave of injuries plus anymore will probably start a stall or regression of what's been accomplished so far.

Luck as much as anything will play a part in our record. Luck as to what we have with any more injuries to starters and how it pans out for the other contending teams, also..

..how many injuries and for how long.

I'm hoping that we've had our injury streak already and it's over and we can steady ourselves and progressively improve over the first half of the season.

Losing our kicker, our starting 3rd WR, our projected starter RT halfway thru TC, our starting LT due to a knee injury for the year, our starting RB after only 5 games, our starting ILBer in Dat, our starting OLBer in Singleton..our starting RCB in Henry possibly and also our backup SS in Pile...

..that's a long list of players already we've had to absorb and still show progress.

If Dat returns well, if JJ is at least 90% from here out, if Patrick Crayton can return in the next couple of games and pickup where he left off and if Henry doesn't have prolonged issues with his groin..

..and we don't add substantially to this list of 1st half injuries..

..we could be really a team that could get better as we go.

But if these guys don't return to help, get worst or have more join them..

..we'll be hard-pressed to really do anything in the second half of the season that will let us really threaten the top teams.

When I look at the biggest thing that could derail a successful season and going 10-6 or better..it's injuries.

Not so much the competition. So much of the teams seems equal and the games are very close for the most part each week.

Stay healthy.

:D

That's the best thing that could happen to us if we want to reach our goals.

It's a tough game and injuries are part of it. But teams with fewer injuries will come out on top.

parcellswaterboy

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Besides Detroit, we have no gimme games reminaing. That is what scares me. We can beat pretty much any team if we show up, however, some of the teams might just be in taht boat too. Denver, Carolina, even NY can be very dangerous when they are on. Don't underestimate Philly and Washington either. We need to go 2-1 in the division. If we do that I think we have a good shot at winning the division. NYG have anotehr easy game next week, so they can jump to a large lead in the division

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

better add at carolina to that list.

we have a tough 2nd half.

we are gonna have to play GREAT to go 5-3 the rest of the way.

i really believe we can , however.

next monday will be the springboard where we flex our muscle.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think the Rams on the last game of the season will basically be a gimme as I expect that team to be out of it.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I think the Rams on the last game of the season will basically be a gimme as I expect that team to be out of it.

Those type games can be some of the scariest ones, how many times have we all seen a good team get beat by a nobody in the last game of the year cuz the other guys are playing for some respect!! I dont take any of our games for granted, we will need to work hard/execute very well, and play smart ball to win these games, 6-2 is VERY possible, but with the inexperience of some of our "key" players, 5-3 is mor likely!!

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

I don't agree with your order. I would say:

1. Carolina
2. Seattle
3. Atlanta
4. Dallas
5. New York
6. Washington
7. Philadelphia
8. St. Louis

Rockytop6

Reaction score
The Bears should win their division. They don't have any competition.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
The Bears should win their division. They don't have any competition.

Agreed. They should win unless Brad Johnson has a comeback player performance.