The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

Gaede

Reaction score
The annual first week of free agency ruage, to be followed by week two of rage, and finally the offseason will end with the usual, “We actually played it smart and improved.”

Not all the time. When the Boys signed Allen Hurns to be their starting WR alongside Cole Beasley, many of us bemoaned their ******* free agency plan for the entire offseason.

I'm not concerned with the big names that are signing--I'm concerned that, through our inaction, we'll have too many holes to fill through the draft. Right now, we have major needs for SS, DT, DE, CB, and WR, and no one on the roster to fill those holes.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not all the time. When the Boys signed Allen Hurns to be their starting WR alongside Cole Beasley, many of us bemoaned their ******* free agency plan for the entire offseason.

I'm not concerned with the big names that are signing--I'm concerned that, through our inaction, we'll have too many holes to fill through the draft. Right now, we have major needs for SS, DT, DE, CB, and WR.

We'll get around to it next week. Can't have all the good and semi-good players sitting out there. Causes confusion when we look in the bargain bin.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Im glad all three of Witten, Collins and Heath are gone. Its time for new blood.
Sorry I enjoyed Witten back a couple years back with ROMO.
But after that he just hasnt been the same. His attitude just got worse

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm not concerned with the big names that are signing--I'm concerned that, through our inaction, we'll have too many holes to fill through the draft. Right now, we have major needs for SS, DT, DE, CB, and WR, and no one on the roster to fill those holes.

SS Donovan Wilson
DT Trysten Hill and Antwuan Woods
DE Randy Gregory
CB Jourdan Lewis
WR Jon'Vea Johnson

There. Feel better?

gimmesix

Reaction score
what was the purpose of retaining a FB that we never use?????

I think we could see more one-tight end sets next year with Olawale in there as fullback. He's basically a short tight end with good speed. We underused him, but it's possible that McCarthy won't.

cristglo

Reaction score
I think we could see more one-tight end sets next year with Olawale in there as fullback. He's basically a short tight end with good speed. We underused him, but it's possible that McCarthy won't.
Hopefully so When they did use him the last few years he was shell shocked lol

gimmesix

Reaction score

All kidding aside, I do like the upside of several of those players. I just wouldn't care for the team counting on them to reach their potential without at least some reasonable fallback plan.

Gaede

Reaction score
All kidding aside, I do like the upside of several of those players. I just wouldn't care for the team counting on them to reach their potential without at least some reasonable fallback plan.

Completely agree. I'm a fan of Lewis and Wilson. Not so much the rest of them. But yeah, hope the team isn't counting on them to fill these roles

Cwby41

Reaction score
Looking at this money going out Im actually glad we are waiting. If we could bring in Harris on a good deal and Snacks Id say we had a good free agency. Go Safety and BPA in draft and than fill in the holes. My only question is why haven't we restructured Crawford yet if we are gonna keep him

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the Lee extension I think the team is probably done in FA.

We're a better team than we were a week ago.