The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree.

I expect a bottom of the barrel guy to hold the fort for a short period of time. I'd call Aqib Talib to see if he's still interested in playing.

I want Harris but after seeing what Waynes got, I suspect Harris is going to be pricey, even for an older guy.

If we came out of FA with Harris, Joseph and say Sanders............... I could live with that. DE would scare me and be an issue because the draft doesn't have many great edge guys, so we'd have to hold our breath on Gregory. But I could at least live with that.

I don't want to go into the draft needing a SS and a CB and a DE and a slot WR.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want Harris but after seeing what Waynes got, I suspect Harris is going to be pricey, even for an older guy.

If we came out of FA with Harris, Joseph and say Sanders............... I could live with that. DE would scare me and be an issue because the draft doesn't have many great edge guys, so we'd have to hold our breath on Gregory. But I could at least live with that.

I don't want to go into the draft needing a SS and a CB and a DE and a slot WR.

I'm not sure just how big of a need this team sees safety right now. It's hard to tell with the new coaching staff if they like or see potential in Woods or Wilson or if they want other options. A big question mark in my mind.

I think Harris is looking for that big money. If Waynes can get it, I'm sure he feels he should too.

As for Sanders, I'm not sure that he'd be amenable to dropping from $11 million a year to $5 million, and from being a starter to being a #3 slot guy. I'm skeptical on that report or things working out.

Defensive end looks to be quickly drying up and I would be asking George Edwards about Everson Griffen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been slow this morning. It's almost like our McCoy bomb last night sapped the will of the rest of the league.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still look like idiots.
Maybe they have some internal rule about not re-extending a guy early but 18-20mil is more than fair for what he brings.
Then they get subpar value for him lol.
And no rationale can make you overlook the difference in comp between what the Vikings got for an inferior WR