The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

EJK24

Reaction score
I just read Michael Pierce and Vikings are close on a deal. They had really limited cap space so wondering what kind of deal he gets.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn it. Now all I'm thinking about is a backfield of Pollard and Dunbar.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Well Trufant to the Lions.
Im kinda wondering if we could offer our next years 2nd to the Lions for Slay

Xavier187

Reaction score
Lets offer a 2021 2nd rounder for Slay and try and sign him. Maybe up to a 1st roundee if they take Crawford and give us there 2nd lmao

EJK24

Reaction score
I'm surprised we didnt pick up Karl Joseph. With him and Trufant recently signed, we are low on options before the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm surprised we didnt pick up Karl Joseph. With him and Trufant recently signed, we are low on options before the draft.

Both on reasonable deals. Just means we weren’t really interested

EJK24

Reaction score
Both on reasonable deals. Just means we weren’t really interested

Yea your probably right. I dont think either player was going to put us over the top but cheap enough options that could have filled some of the obvious holes we have on defense. Free Agency isnt over but we still need a DT, DE, CB, S in my opinion.

Maybe there is a trade we could pull off to get a solid vet to fill at least one of these spots?

Highly unlikely im sure but just something to think about while we wait and see how this roster comes together.

Carson

Reaction score
Yea your probably right. I dont think either player was going to put us over the top but cheap enough options that could have filled some of the obvious holes we have on defense. Free Agency isnt over but we still need a DT, DE, CB, S in my opinion.

Maybe there is a trade we could pull off to get a solid vet to fill at least one of these spots?

Highly unlikely im sure but just something to think about while we wait and see how this roster comes together.

The problem is we all think they are holes. But Jerry and Stephen don’t see it that way.

Crawford to play RDE
Woods to play 1 Tech
Sign Brown and Canady so CB is complete
Thompson and Wilson to battle it out for SS

Bigdog

Reaction score
NFL network is reporting Malcom Jenkins is going back to the Saints for 4 years at 32 million.

EJK24

Reaction score
The problem is we all think they are holes. But Jerry and Stephen don’t see it that way.

Crawford to play RDE
Woods to play 1 Tech
Sign Brown and Canady so CB is complete
Thompson and Wilson to battle it out for SS

That very well could be true but I'd lying if I didnt say I was hoping we could field a better line up then that. Ultimately I have no clue If some of the names I liked for us would be good additions but some seemed more obvious then others.

I have no issue with Wilson being given a chance to show us something but the safety position for me, like many others, is maddening every year. I wish we would finally pay a guy proven at that spot or invest in a high draft pick.

Crawford starting at RDE seems like we would be settling for alot less then we should for his salary. I'm not running down crawford even If hes way overpaid, but hes just nothing more than a capable back up at multiple positions but not someone I want to rely upon to start.

Once again, its early and I'm not too sure what they intend to do with the rest of free agency or the draft so I dont want to jump to conclusions. But I'm definitely still hoping, maybe hopelessly, for Griffen (if we can shell out the money) or someone like that to help out.