The NFL has another option to get what they want

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL has the potential to still get what they want even if they vacate the suspension and write it off as "mistakes were made".

How? Simple ..

They can re-open the investigation into the shirt-pulled-down incident by Elliott. There's no rule that would prevent that as far as I know. They could treat him pulling the shirt down as "sexual assault" and "domestic violence" and say that despite no criminal charges being filed and lack of victim support, the video provides all of the evidence they need to suspend him.

Not only would that give them an opportunity to suspend him where he would less likely be able to win in court, it would also deflect some of the fallout from the judge's harsh words as part of the injunction and present the perception of a pattern of violence against women by Elliott, that most of the media would love to focus on.

The NFL just has to decide if they want to move on from this or let it linger all season while it is discussed over and over, especially every Cowboys game. It comes down to how bad their desire to "win" now is versus what's best for the NFL long term.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The NFL has the potential to still get what they want even if they vacate the suspension and write it off as "mistakes were made".

How? Simple ..

They can re-open the investigation into the shirt-pulled-down incident by Elliott. There's no rule that would prevent that as far as I know. They could treat him pulling the shirt down as "sexual assault" and "domestic violence" and say that despite no criminal charges being filed and lack of victim support, the video provides all of the evidence they need to suspend him.

Not only would that give them an opportunity to suspend him where he would less likely be able to win in court, it would also deflect some of the fallout from the judge's harsh words as part of the injunction and present the perception of a pattern of violence against women by Elliott, that most of the media would love to focus on.

The NFL just has to decide if they want to move on from this or let it linger all season while it is discussed over and over, especially every Cowboys game or do they want to cut off their nose to spite their face.

I think that would be a bad idea for the NFL. I think that would be sending a message to the players that they will suspend you for any little thing if they have it out for you.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that would be a bad idea for the NFL. I think that would be sending a message to the players that they will suspend you for any little thing if they have it out for you.
Oh I agree! I didn't say it was the right move. It comes down to how bad they want a win versus how bad do they want to stop damaging the NFL brand.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How? Simple ..

The NFL just has to decide if they want to move on from this or let it linger all season while it is discussed over and over, especially every Cowboys game. It comes down to how bad their desire to "win" now is versus what's best for the NFL long term.
Thanks for bringing me down to Earth. Now, excuse me while I pour another double! Thanks again!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will never happen. They already addressed the top pulling incident and said it didn't warrant and action. They can't now use it to suspend him. They put it to bed and tied their wagon to Tiffany Thompson.
They closed the case because they felt they had enough with the other case. After the ruling today though, they could present a pattern for future court rulings while also giving them a reason to again suspend him. If nothing else, it would make Elliott look even guiltier in the eyes of the media.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Zeke's attorney's would probably immediately file suit without bothering with the appeals process. Mazzant would take the case and slap down the NFL again.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Every player in the league would be on notice. Not that they already are, but where is the precedant set? Gronk motor boating random women could set one.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Here's another option for the NFL. They could come out with a poster with the NFL logo and Zeke Elliot standing there with the caption, "Hey, feminazis!" and Zeke is flipping them the bird. This is by far the best option, as neither the NFL nor the sport of football has anything to do with causing domestic violence; plus, it would avoid caving to the country's biggest hate group, the feminazis.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Actually, that is sexual assault .. it could conceivably fall under "domestic violence" as well because he was in a relationship of some kind with the woman.

You know what, as bat**** crazy and ridiculous as this idea is, I hope it happens, because the NFL would be done. There would be no defense for that. That's collusion and conspiracy and all sorts of huge offenses. The Supeme Court would have a field day.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Oh I agree! I didn't say it was the right move. It comes down to how bad they want a win versus how bad do they want to stop damaging the NFL brand.

It would just totally damage the brand IMO. I don't see how it couldn't? I mean look at the egg on their face today from the Josh Brown suspension extension (which I think was them getting ahead of the bad PR they're going to get when that comes to light). And the ruling in favor of Zeke. They need to slowly back away from these "scandals" like right now.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That's not actually true. A lot of abused women are afraid to come forward so the law protects them regardless. The video is all of the evidence they need. They do not need the victim to testify or file charges.

Last I checked that's not a national thing, it's state by state. Texas has it, but I'm not sure Louisiana does.