The NFL has to do something about RB compensation

kskboys

Reaction score
See how much they make flipping burgers at BK or operating the Screaming Eagle at Six Flags. The market is what the market is. I’m sick of these guys making the kind of money they do to play A GAME.
Players also have a pension. After only 3 years of service, the player gets 21,360/year after retirement. The average pension for NFL players is 43,000/year. There is also a 200% match in their 401K.

So, their pay is not all they get.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Players also have a pension. After only 3 years of service, the player gets 21,360/year after retirement. The average pension for NFL players is 43,000/year. There is also a 200% match in their 401K.

So, their pay is not all they get.
And great health insurance.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Oh, if we're strictly talking about Elliott, I've voiced my concerns about his off-field behavior and it would make me hesitant to do a deal with him now. I would try to push it off until next season by testing his resolve until late in camp. I just don't have a problem with him trying to force the issue. Equally, I don't have a problem with the Cowboys not giving in to it. Now, if he holds out and misses two games like Emmitt did, I'll begin having a problem with both sides.

We see things differently and if you want to support a player that has had off seAson troubles every year breaking his word then so be it. I don't.