The NFL's best 25 players under 25

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's just see if he's a one hit wonder or not before considering a big contract or not.

My comments about him were responding to someone wondering if he will get a huge contract.......as always, I like to be pragmatic about things.

Perhaps he will get even more picks........
Bland is only really great at defending "outs" ......... he has great instincts for it ........ he is just average to above average at defending other rout types.

Proof

Reaction score
And that's why I said 'come close " to duplicating the numbers.

I don't expect him to replicate it but if he's gonna get paid it has to be based on him being a ball hawk, which is fine.

But he's not close to being considered a shut down corner so he shouldn't command a king's ransom for thar.

Let's just see if last season was an anamolly or truly a part of his game that sustains.
he had 5 his rookie season, is that “close” or anomolous?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
doesnt need to be to get paid by jerry. I consider diggs preinjury to be better but he wasnt a ball hawk either. Jerry gladly pony'd up for him.

The 2 are similar they are feast or famine ball players and seen both get roasted plentyas well as make plenty of takeaways
The problem is that our GM (Jerry) runs the team with emotion instead of running it like a business.

Young stud players should be seen as an asset. The questions a good GM should ask: Can you play? Will you sign a relatively team-friendly deal? Do you play a position that is hard to replace? If the answers to any of those questions are no then they should be traded for more assets.

The question Jerry asks, is do I like you? If the answer is yes, we will happily set the market for you!!! (Zeke, Dak, and a bunch of others) If the answer is no, then Jerry will give you away for a song (Cooper).

conner01

Reaction score
Let's see Bland come close to duplicating those Interception numbers this year.
Not likely but more important that he continue to grow and learn. Get more consistent and less feast or famine

HungryLion

Reaction score
If he has the 2 picks AND improves his coverage skills it will be a win for us
A balance is needed. Turnovers are one of the most important thing a defense can do. Second only to allowing points.