The Off Season truly begins Today Feb 9th

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I know, but he only coached the 3-4 that one year when Parcells changed to it. Otherwise he's always been 4-3, but I guess some don't realize that.

someone gives someone an idea, that person takes it and runs with out without understanding the facts.

JustChip

Reaction score
And so the ending will be sad, tear jerking and will continue next season. Or does someone get shot, and we have to wait until next year to find out whodunit.?
It’ll probably be we’ll wait until next year only to find out it was just a dream - the whole all in thing.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I thought the new league year officially doesn't start till March so everyone's under contract even if it's expiring it doesn't expire till March?? So technically it starts in March in my opinion I mean maybe I'm wrong but I don't have to look it up on Google to remember most league year stuff starts in March...

I say let's play Mexican standoff with Prescott and let's see if he wants to hold out or what his demands are but I'd let him roll on this one year deal for a while until we absolutely are up against a wall with the cat like all the restructures done need to fit a guy in and our only choice is to extend Prescott but I'd rather have Mike McCarthy and Prescott on one year prove it deals if it's possible...

Ohh and by the way you're assumption or insinuation that the front office hasn't been since the day after the Green Bay game already making lists and checking them twice on who they possibly can keep who they're gonna restructure who they might go after in free agency but I'm telling you that you underrate the front office like most people around here they have 1200 employees and a lot of people working and I believe they have this on their mind quite often.... No need to wait till today or yesterday or two weeks from now they literally have this stuff is a year round job they have about 30% turnover on players every year they have big contracts coming up every year they have to make these decisions all the time....​
And yes I agree with the defensive coordinators gotta get his ducks in a row now figure out who he wants as far as staff but also more importantly what do we do with the 8 defensive free agents how are we gonna fill those spots with his types of players and do it quickly....​
They are not letting Brandon cooks walk Gallup yes but they can't afford to let him walk he's not making that much money and he's gonna even be better in year 2.. It's like I don't believe they're gonna let Gilmore and Lewis walk they'll choose between the two but you can't go so thin that you depend on the draft and free agency to fill holes when you have guys right here that can do the job...
Why would Prescott hold out? He’s due $5 million in March. I’m sure he’ll take it. He’ll be paid the same for the 2024 season with or without a new contract. I’m sure his agent has ascertained what his value is as a free agent in March 2025. If Jerry wants to pay that amount I’m guessing Dak takes it. If Jerry doesn’t I’m guessing Dak will accept being a free agent after next season and sign with the team willing to pay him the most. If Jerry wants to cut him loose June 1, Dak’s a free agent June 2… and signs with the team willing to pay him the most. Dak Prescott is in a real good place contractually. No way he spoils it by holding out when there is no money in it. He’ll make more next season if Jerry cuts him than if Jerry keeps him.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Cowboys off seasons in the 21st century have started no later than the day after the divisional round of the playoffs is over.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is can they sign FA’s before Dak, and Lamb get done? I know they are over the cap, but can you get in the game and than once they are done it will allow to fit the FA’s you already signed?

The reason I ask this as Stephen will wait until the final hour to at least get Dak’s contract done…
It's a stipulation in the jones family deal to get FLEECED, then complain about not having enough pie to spend on everyone else

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why would Prescott hold out? He’s due $5 million in March. I’m sure he’ll take it. He’ll be paid the same for the 2024 season with or without a new contract. I’m sure his agent has ascertained what his value is as a free agent in March 2025. If Jerry wants to pay that amount I’m guessing Dak takes it. If Jerry doesn’t I’m guessing Dak will accept being a free agent after next season and sign with the team willing to pay him the most. If Jerry wants to cut him loose June 1, Dak’s a free agent June 2… and signs with the team willing to pay him the most. Dak Prescott is in a real good place contractually. No way he spoils it by holding out when there is no money in it. He’ll make more next season if Jerry cuts him than if Jerry keeps him.
he would hold out if he doesn't winna get hurt on a one year deal. thats why some players see the big picture not the small money owed but playing with 1yr left is high risk last time he did that he broke and ankle. Got lucky he still got paid...

NOW i bet hes set $$ has more leverage now than even back then and can afford to hold out.

10+ mil a year raise with guarantees vs one bonus of 5mil..that why he POSSIBLY could hold out.