The offensive line was incredible tonight

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Vita Vea manhandled our OL at the end which likely cost us the game.

The holding penalty at the end wiped out a first down. We could have drained the clock.

Wanna know why? Because we were gassed @ the end....and that's a result from sitting on our starters all pre-season long. That's a coaching
and bad organization decision. They just weren't in physical condition to play.

ultron

Reaction score
Vita Vea manhandled our OL at the end which likely cost us the game.

The holding penalty at the end wiped out a first down. We could have drained the clock.
1 play bro… 1 play. Some of you are drastically overreacting and don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. That’s pretty typical though, not sure why I expected anything else.

RS12

Reaction score
This is by far the best defensive line and front 7 we’ll face (probably the best front 7 in all of professional football), and they did a stellar job of protecting Dak tonight. The run game is another story but hopefully when we get Zack back - we’re able to get Zeke going and let the defense rest & not take 80-90 snaps.

I don’t believe in moral victories but I think we proved we are fully capable of beating any team in the league including Tampa Bay.
You are overlooking Washington but I do agree the line play minus it's best player was much better than anticipated.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Jarwin should be benched for not even trying to block.

Yeah....I think we got a problem there. Our TEs proved tonight they wanted nothing to do w/ blocking...:(

And you can't tell me we didn't miss having a FB tonight. Ben Mason still sitting out there. I'd literally be calling him right now...and waking his butt up now....booking him a plane ticket to Dallas.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What? The o-line that couldn’t block to have a running game! They were terrible, including crunch time penalties!
That is a really bizarre take that makes me wonder if you've ever watched a football game before.

ultron

Reaction score
That is a really bizarre take that makes me wonder if you've ever watched a football game before.
It’s pretty unbelievable- the offense does it’s job and takes the lead in “crunch time” but the defense can’t close it so somehow it’s the O-lines fault. The same OLine that kept Dak standing for 60 minutes during a good ol fashioned college football shootout. I wonder what his excuse is for Zeke not gaining one yard on a 1 on 1 with a cornerback on the 4 yard line.

DanA

Reaction score
I think the Commanders have the best D-line but that interior is exceptional and we did the right thing not running into it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can question the game plan, I suppose, but they clearly decided from the outset that they were not going to waste time trying to run on the best run D in football and instead were going to rely on Dak and their pass-catching weapons. I find it very hard to argue with that strategy.

Back in the Garrett days, they would have spent the entire first half trying to run on early downs and ending up in 3rd-and-long over and over.

VABoyz

Reaction score
I was surprised that McGovern played well but damn Vita Vea, a few times looked like an actual bull just running over grown *** men..geesh!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You can question the game plan, I suppose, but they clearly decided from the outset that they were not going to waste time trying to run on the best run D in football and instead were going to rely on Dak and their pass-catching weapons. I find it very hard to argue with that strategy.

Back in the Garrett days, they would have spent the entire first half trying to run on early downs and ending up in 3rd-and-long over and over.
Absolutely agree and spot on about Garrett. lol

kevm3

Reaction score
Yea the O line was amazing. HUGE step up from what we saw last year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
1 play bro… 1 play. Some of you are drastically overreacting and don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. That’s pretty typical though, not sure why I expected anything else.

2 plays, drawing a holding and false start on our last drive. The second one was the difference between kicking a FG and keeping the drive alive to run the clock.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is by far the best defensive line and front 7 we’ll face (probably the best front 7 in all of professional football), and they did a stellar job of protecting Dak tonight. The run game is another story but hopefully when we get Zack back - we’re able to get Zeke going and let the defense rest & not take 80-90 snaps.

I don’t believe in moral victories but I think we proved we are fully capable of beating any team in the league including Tampa Bay.

They couldn't run block worth a damn, and clearly missed Martin, so your definition of "incredible" is different than mine.

grgnfg420

Reaction score

You would have never known Martin didn’t play. McGovern is legit he should be starting

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You would have never known Martin didn’t play. McGovern is legit he should be starting

:facepalm:

Martin is PFF's highest graded guard since 2016, and the Cowboys only averaged 3.3 yards per rush tonight.

Nope, didn't miss him at all.