The official hang Bledsoe thread

joseephuss

Reaction score
kartr said:
Let me say it real slow for you. Carters' Jet team scored 17 points against the same team that Chris simms scored zero points on. Carter played well against that team and Chris Simms played like crap. Gruden thought about signing Carter, but decided to go with Simms and now he's got crap all over his face.

Good point. Gruden could have picked up QC and then still watch as Simms sucked on the field because Quincy was suspended due to NFL violations.

This is 2006, not 2004. It is not the same Ravens team. Teams do change from year to year and each game is different.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Against the 2006 Baltimore Ravens, Quincy Carter had an 85 QB rating?

That's your story and you're sticking to it?

I got a thousand bucks that says he didn't. To take the bet we have to agree to send the money to an impartial 3rd party.

Got nads?

I just want to be on record right now as being impartial.

Send me money.

:laugh2:

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Against the 2006 Baltimore Ravens, Quincy Carter had an 85 QB rating?

That's your story and you're sticking to it?

I got a thousand bucks that says he didn't. To take the bet we have to agree to send the money to an impartial 3rd party.

Got nads?

You know I was talking about the 2004 Ravens whose defense is almost unchanged. Carter played against Ray Lewis,Ed Reed and Mccalister and did not throw a pick and had a qb rating of 85 against that great defense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kartr said:
You know I was talking about the 2004 Ravens whose defense is almost unchanged. Carter played against Ray Lewis,Ed Reed and Mccalister and did not throw a pick and had a qb rating of 85 against that great defense.

If the NFL wants to have any credability they will allow Carter to come back in the leaque and show the amazing talent that he has displayed all during his great career.

He was a man amongst boys, a leader in all aspects of the game of football...

kartr

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Good point. Gruden could have picked up QC and then still watch as Simms sucked on the field because Quincy was suspended due to NFL violations.

This is 2006, not 2004. It is not the same Ravens team. Teams do change from year to year and each game is different.

Quincy is not suspended, nor has he ever been. Yes this is 2006 and had Quincy been suspended for a year, his suspencion would be over now. With all the sucky qb's starting and warming benches, there is no good reason why he shouldn't be playing now and people on this board continue to bash him and have not moved on, so why should I have to give up defending him. I don't care If I pissed them off, they don't care about my feelings, they don't respect Quincy's fans or their feelings, so why should Quincy's fans care about theirs. Quincy could help this team and a lot of teams that are struggling at the qb position. I'm not saying he's a super star, but he doesn't have to be to improve this teams qb play or the Packers or Browns or the Texans or the Chargers or the Buccaneers. Other players are forgiven all the time for transgressions, much worse than any Quincy may have done, yet they continue to get more opportunities to fail or succeed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
kartr said:
Quincy is not suspended, nor has he ever been. Yes this is 2006 and had Quincy been suspended for a year, his suspencion would be over now. With all the sucky qb's starting and warming benches, there is no good reason why he shouldn't be playing now and people on this board continue to bash him and have not moved on, so why should I have to give up defending him. I don't care If I pissed them off, they don't care about my feelings, they don't respect Quincy's fans or their feelings, so why should Quincy's fans care about theirs. Quincy could help this team and a lot of teams that are struggling at the qb position. I'm not saying he's a super star, but he doesn't have to be to improve this teams qb play or the Packers or Browns or the Texans or the Chargers or the Buccaneers. Other players are forgiven all the time for transgressions, much worse than any Quincy may have done, yet they continue to get more opportunities to fail or succeed.

You know, I'll be honest with you on the point of Quincy. I am not opposed to giving anybody a second chance. Even a third if merrited. Having said that, it must be worthy of receiving such an opportunity. Especially when there are young people starving to get those kinds of opportunities.

If Quincy were deserving and if he were of the mind set to be greatful for the opportunity to back up somebody like Romo. Lets be clear here, it would be as a back up to Romo and or Bledsoe if he were to infact recover to the point of being an effective starter (This assumes he is injured right now), I would welcome this player back. I have always felt as if there was a place for Quincy in the NFL. I never liked him as a starting QB but I have always felt as if he was certainly talented enough to be a good backup for a team.

If he were willing to fill this role without causing drama or discord within the team. If he were willing to come in and go to work without pushing internal agenda. If he were willing to clean up his act with drugs or whatever and stick to it, if he were able to be just one person rather then the 10 or 12 pesonalities he exibited at times while with us in years past, I would be more then willing to give him the opportunity. Now, my opinion is nothing in this matter but as a fan, I would be willing to do it if he could do all these things. Contrary to belief, I was never against seeing Quincy Carter make it. I wanted him to succeed but I just realized that it was not possible in the situation he was in at the time. Everybody deserves a break in life, if they earn it. Quincy Carter is not different in that respect, IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
2004 does not equal 2006. Virtually unchanged my rear end.

Even a blind chicken gets a piece of corn now and then.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Quincy is not suspended, nor has he ever been.
The only reason he hasn't is because he's not on a roster. he as much as said when he signs with a team, if it ever happens, he will likely be suspended.

Translation, he has had more than one failed test.

krankcase said:
Yes this is 2006 and had Quincy been suspended for a year, his suspencion would be over now.
Again, if he were on a roster, which he isn't.

krankcase said:
With all the sucky qb's starting and warming benches, there is no good reason why he shouldn't be playing now
Except that maybe the last team he was on needed him in the playoffs and he left them high and dry. You think other teams did not take note of that?

krankcase said:
...and people on this board continue to bash him and have not moved on, so why should I have to give up defending him.
I keep telling you, the reason he gets bashed is you. The rest of his fans are for the most part realistic and have moved on. You can't. You cause him to get bashed. You. The guy looking at you in your mirror.

krankcase said:
I don't care If I pissed them off, they don't care about my feelings, they don't respect Quincy's fans or their feelings, so why should Quincy's fans care about theirs.
I don't think are pissed off, you're just tender. People are genuinely amused.

krankcase said:
Quincy could help this team and a lot of teams that are struggling at the qb position.
I'm sure he could help some team, but I'm also sure that it is time to move on in Dallas. He isn't better than what we have and he isn't coming back.

krankcase said:
I'm not saying he's a super star, but he doesn't have to be to improve this teams qb play or the Packers or Browns or the Texans or the Chargers or the Buccaneers.
I don't think he could or should start for any of those teams, except maybe the Browns. I have long maintained he's a better backup than starter anyway though.

He has no one to blame but himself for his circumstances. The fans on this forum and others didn't create his fate. he did that all by his lonesome self.

krankcase said:
Other players are forgiven all the time for transgressions, much worse than any Quincy may have done, yet they continue to get more opportunities to fail or succeed.
That ought to finally tell you how bad a transgression it is to turn your back on your own team the way he did. If it doesn't, prepare for more education, because I'm quite sure you won't stop the nonsense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
You know, I'll be honest with you on the point of Quincy. I am not opposed to giving anybody a second chance. Even a third if merrited. Having said that, it must be worthy of receiving such an opportunity. Especially when there are young people starving to get those kinds of opportunities.

If Quincy were deserving and if he were of the mind set to be greatful for the opportunity to back up somebody like Romo. Lets be clear here, it would be as a back up to Romo and or Bledsoe if he were to infact recover to the point of being an effective starter (This assumes he is injured right now), I would welcome this player back. I have always felt as if there was a place for Quincy in the NFL. I never liked him as a starting QB but I have always felt as if he was certainly talented enough to be a good backup for a team.

If he were willing to fill this role without causing drama or discord within the team. If he were willing to come in and go to work without pushing internal agenda. If he were willing to clean up his act with drugs or whatever and stick to it, if he were able to be just one person rather then the 10 or 12 pesonalities he exibited at times while with us in years past, I would be more then willing to give him the opportunity. Now, my opinion is nothing in this matter but as a fan, I would be willing to do it if he could do all these things. Contrary to belief, I was never against seeing Quincy Carter make it. I wanted him to succeed but I just realized that it was not possible in the situation he was in at the time. Everybody deserves a break in life, if they earn it. Quincy Carter is not different in that respect, IMO.

I would welcome Quincy back under the circumstances you described. That won't happen. Quincy went to Canada thinking he was entitled to be the starting QB. He wants things handed to him instead of competing for it. It is real strange because he is a very hard worker, but does not like internal ocmpetition. Anyone that feel threatend by Vinny T has weak mental fortitude. I feel bad for him and hope he figures his life out. It is better for him self if he does that away from the Cowboys.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kartr said:
And Q never threw 3 ints with a decent running game. If Q played as poorly as Bledsoe with Glenn and TO and a pro bowler in Witten instead of a rookie TE, plus backs like Julius and Barber, I shudder to think what this board and the Dallas media would be saying about him.

are you carter? his brother? cousin? why this "blind defense in the face of any rage" man?

carter got another shot - and he blew it and couldn't be counted on IN PLAYOFF TIME by his team.

carter and carter alone blew his shot at the NFL and the sooner you realize that quincy, the happier you'll be one day.