The officials in the NFL stink to high heaven

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Every year it gets worse. Favoritism is at an all time high in the NFL. I've been watching for 40 years and never seen anything like this. They throw flags on every other play, half of them are wrong, and the other half are nit picky bull crap. Its like they get a "high" out of throwing the yellow flag. The Philadelphia game was horrible. They gave the Eagles every opportunity to win the game. I'm not going to start on the commentators because that's another topic but Aikman and Buck have to be the worst I have ever seen. I can't stand them and have to use the mute button a lot. Back to the flags; Brady gets all the calls, Newton was told "he wasn't old enough." LOL....Winning in GB is next to impossible and the media's favorite player is "excused from penalties" to a certain extent. Its getting to where they are dictating NFL games so they will be close and keep people watching. I swear I don't know how much more I can take and don't tell me to stop watching because I live to watch the Cowboys. I'm just tired of all the blatant favoritism...I'm done now.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
ALSO...Clay Mathews is all over the TV with his dumb commercials and is another NFL favorite when in reality he is probably the dirtiest player in the league. He gets away with a cheap shot on the QB every week.......

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I'm not just saying this to be "on a rant". .....I believe it. Its getting to where the only games I watch are Cowboys games and that's it....

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Every year it gets worse. Favoritism is at an all time high in the NFL. I've been watching for 40 years and never seen anything like this. They throw flags on every other play, half of them are wrong, and the other half are nit picky bull crap. Its like they get a "high" out of throwing the yellow flag. The Philadelphia game was horrible. They gave the Eagles every opportunity to win the game. I'm not going to start on the commentators because that's another topic but Aikman and Buck have to be the worst I have ever seen. I can't stand them and have to use the mute button a lot. Back to the flags; Brady gets all the calls, Newton was told "he wasn't old enough." LOL....Winning in GB is next to impossible and the media's favorite player is "excused from penalties" to a certain extent. Its getting to where they are dictating NFL games so they will be close and keep people watching. I swear I don't know how much more I can take and don't tell me to stop watching because I live to watch the Cowboys. I'm just tired of all the blatant favoritism...I'm done now.

The NFL is big money. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my advanced years, but I tend to think there will be nothing left to chance with so much money on the line.

Footnote: The NFL has hated Jerry since he thumbed his nose at their marketing system around 1995 or 96. The year he put up Nike when their brand was Reebok, Pepsi when the official NFL sponsor was Coke. The NFL will enjoy what we (America's Team) can do to pump more money into the league for them, but I tend to think they will allow that to go only so far now. The Powers That Be DO NOT want to see Jerry hoisting a Lombardi trophy.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
What the H E Double L did Rodgers do? Pleaes explain to me a penalty that Rodgers did that he did not get called for? Seems like it is a rant. All fans think the refs have it in for them. And fans watching their team at DAllas feel the same way. Were you screaming when the PI that wasnt in the endzone went the Cowboys way a few games ago. I bet the other teams fans were. Geesh. It is 2015 and the same nonsense was being said in 1975. Its always the refs fault when their favorite team loses.

And Matthews the dirtiest player in the league is laughable. Please let me know the last time he got suspended for dirty hits and dirty plays. Get over it. Its football.

Refs miss some calls. It has been that way forever. They missed some GB did yesterday and then missed some on San Fran. Such as they missed Raji on a facemask early but then missed the Corner grabbing Cobbs hand on a potential TD. It is the same in football as it is in baseball, basketball and any other major sport. And it isnt because they favor any team or the other. I doubt they know who the home team is while out on the field. They are the best available. Thank God because just think how bad it would be if lesser quality refs were in the games.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
And Matthews the dirtiest player in the league is laughable. Please let me know the last time he got suspended for dirty hits and dirty plays. Get over it. Its football... You just made my point..lol

FloridaRob

Reaction score
And Matthews the dirtiest player in the league is laughable. Please let me know the last time he got suspended for dirty hits and dirty plays. Get over it. Its football... You just made my point..lol

I made the point you have issues as long as the calls don't go your way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The refs have stunk for years. This is nothing new. They're never going to get any better because there is no consequences to being horrible at their job.

They know the NFL will always back them and they know there simply aren't enough people out there who want to deal with that crappy job.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

He's no where close to being the dirtiest player in the league, but his own fan base even admits that he walks a fine line when it comes to hits on the QB. I live in GB and have heard this directly from fans.