The Old Cowboys are Back

odog422

Reaction score
wayne motley;2427500 said:
WEll, I won't dispute that the stats were average because you usually have all the facts, but you should be reading all the Zorn quotes in the VA papers. All he talks about is that they could have done more downfield but that they couldn't get us blocked...he said he had to resort to calling the quick short plays in order "to keep our QB upright." Whether the stats actually show or not, it seemed to me and to Zorn that his QB had people either hitting him or pressuring him most of the night.

I wasn't taking anything away from the secondary, but to me that was the most consistent pressure on the QB I've seen all year.

Agreed. That's the flavor of the quotes from Zorn and the offensive line in the papers and on TV here in Washington. That they couldn't keep us off Campbell.

I also agree our secondary played extremely well. But I certainly remember seeing Campbell getting up more than 4 times (not counting sacks). The local guys here also talked about on a few occasions how they wondered whether Campbell would even get up a few times.