The only thing that can stop the Cowboys is themselves

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
With this outstanding Parsons led defense and this outstanding Dak led offense only the Cowboys can stop the Cowboys. They must cut down on the penalties.

I agree, cut down on the penalties, and Dak needs to cut down on his interceptions. Stop throwing the dammm ball into a crowd. If it means he has to run, then run dammmmitttt......

Hadenough

Reaction score
With this outstanding Parsons led defense and this outstanding Dak led offense only the Cowboys can stop the Cowboys. They must cut down on the penalties.
Well your sort of right! The one thing you missed is the refs can stop them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree, cut down on the penalties, and Dak needs to cut down on his interceptions. Stop throwing the dammm ball into a crowd. If it means he has to run, then run dammmmitttt......
Yeah those 2 int’s were not good decisions.

Flamma

Reaction score

My only concern at the moment is going for it on 4th in stupid situations giving our opponent the momentum. Other than that I think we're good going forward.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My only concern at the moment is going for it on 4th in stupid situations giving our opponent the momentum. Other than that I think we're good going forward.
Yeah I didn’t agree with that either but I understand the reasoning. Having such a dominant defense allows you to take chances.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t but what makes it different this year?
Different team. More coaching stability, better players. Why have you given up? You said you expect a failure in the playoffs. I don’t understand this loser attitude.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Different team. More coaching stability, better players. Why have you given up? You said you expect a failure in the playoffs. I don’t understand this loser attitude.
I actually expected 7 wins so they have surpassed this

plymkr

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Johnson said something to this effect or tweeted it. I believe this to be true. I still feel strongly we beat the Eagles at their place even with Rush if Rush doesn't throw 3 picks. I'm hoping the last stinker game or the last game we beat ourselves was Green Bay.

plymkr

Reaction score
Som one has to be responsible for a team "beating itself ." So let's hear it, whose fault is it if that happens?
I personally blame Jerry and the dysfunctional organization. That's usually my go to. The one thing that is different between this year and previous is the MPP. I feel Parsons presents a problem to opposing offenses but he also presents a problem to anyone in our locker room who isn't giving 100%. Who's the man who promised if we have a lead we won't lose it? Parsons. Who's the man who promised we'd stop the run? Parsons.

I'm hoping Parsons ultra competitive attitude and his never quit attitude negates Jerry's "we like our guys and we look good losing so losing is acceptable " attitude.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I personally blame Jerry and the dysfunctional organization. That's usually my go to. The one thing that is different between this year and previous is the MPP. I feel Parsons presents a problem to opposing offenses but he also presents a problem to anyone in our locker room who isn't giving 100%. Who's the man who promised if we have a lead we won't lose it? Parsons. Who's the man who promised we'd stop the run? Parsons.

I'm hoping Parsons ultra competitive attitude and his never quit attitude negates Jerry's "we like our guys and we look good losing so losing is acceptable " attitude.

Really good post.

Makes me think all the character concern stuff about Parsons before the draft with the hazing incident wasn't an issue for his future NFL career but the exact opposite. This guy wants to win and likely this desire "spilled over" in his younger days

Led him lead on the field, off the field, in interviews. If he makes others accountable and pushes them to be the best they can, you go for it young man.

plymkr

Reaction score
Really good post.

Makes me think all the character concern stuff about Parsons before the draft with the hazing incident wasn't an issue for his future NFL career but the exact opposite. This guy wants to win and likely this desire "spilled over" in his younger days

Led him lead on the field, off the field, in interviews. If he makes others accountable and pushes them to be the best they can, you go for it young man.
I agree. I feel one of the best things to happen to us was Dak's injury. No disrespect to Dak and I'm not bashing Dak. But with Dak gone for more than a month Micah took over as the leader of them team. Emotionally and on the field. He's Michael Irvin and Charles Haley all in one guy. DLaw resurgence is Micah influenced IMO. In former years his broken foot would have kept him out. Now you got players that weren't living up to their contracts are now playing to the monetary status or exceeding it. I feel players don't want to have to answer to Micah in the locker room. JMHO but whatever is going on it's working. I've never seen a player tell the press they will fix the run defense and not give up a lead and then fulfill the promise. Our team has taken on his personality and it's showing on the field. I love guy.