The Pac wants to move

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
PACMAN, COWBOYS SQUABBLE OVER LIVING ARRANGEMENTS

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 10:48 a.m.
In the wake of Wednesday’s story regarding the manner in which the Cowboys have shut down all efforts by cornerback Pacman Jones to do some of the non-football things that made certain members of the Dallas teams of the 1990s legendary, a league source tells us that Jones is trying to move out of his Cowboys-issued apartment.
In turn, the Cowboys are trying their darnedest to keep Pacman in place.
And so the situation continues to remind us of the manner in which Mike Tyson was handled. Those who stood to make a buck off Tyson’s boxing skills aimed at protecting Tyson from himself, and they generally succeeded (but for an unfortunate incarceration arising from that rape charge) until he no longer was crapping golden eggs and/or biting ears. Left to his own devices, Tyson became even more of a cartoonish caricature.
The same thing will happen to Pacman. The Cowboys will do what they can to keep him out of trouble, they’ll do nothing to change his desire to engage in activities that can lead to trouble, and then when he’s no longer able to play football at a high level (or when they grow weary of babysitting him) he’ll be on his own.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Its prolly best if he stays where he is for the time being

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If this is true then Adam just needs to shut up, do as he's told, stay out of trouble, play hard and make his money.

This is a last chance situation here in Dallas, he doesn't want to screw that up.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Amazing how all of this laundry gets aired during the week of a loss. :rolleyes:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2303400 said:
PACMAN, COWBOYS SQUABBLE OVER LIVING ARRANGEMENTS

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 10:48 a.m.
In the wake of Wednesday’s story regarding the manner in which the Cowboys have shut down all efforts by cornerback Pacman Jones to do some of the non-football things that made certain members of the Dallas teams of the 1990s legendary, a league source tells us that Jones is trying to move out of his Cowboys-issued apartment.
In turn, the Cowboys are trying their darnedest to keep Pacman in place.
And so the situation continues to remind us of the manner in which Mike Tyson was handled. Those who stood to make a buck off Tyson’s boxing skills aimed at protecting Tyson from himself, and they generally succeeded (but for an unfortunate incarceration arising from that rape charge) until he no longer was crapping golden eggs and/or biting ears. Left to his own devices, Tyson became even more of a cartoonish caricature.
The same thing will happen to Pacman. The Cowboys will do what they can to keep him out of trouble, they’ll do nothing to change his desire to engage in activities that can lead to trouble, and then when he’s no longer able to play football at a high level (or when they grow weary of babysitting him) he’ll be on his own.

Adam Jones is a grown man so any problems he gets himself into are in spite of what Dallas is doing for him. Is Jerry Adam's keeper? I think not.

If Florio is so concerned about Jones' fate then maybe he should take him in.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Jerry's got me on lockdown! HEEEELP!

Sincerely,

Adam Jones

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Is it too soon to release him? Lets get our draft pick back.

Run scandrick and jenkins out there.

I know we are not releasing him relax.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pacman knew the circumstances before he signed his deal with the Cowboys. Now, after only a few months, he is already unhappy about something. Too bad I say. Jerry Jones did him a favor. He must just be too stupid to know it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Pac-man is clearly our best corner this year. Coupled by the fact he is the only player on defense to actually force a turnover. Funny thing is, not only did he force the turnover, he recovered it as well.

And I call B.S. on the story anyways...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cowboys-issued apartment? :confused:

I thought he bought a house near Deion out in Prosper.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stilll remember Adam Jones's reaction to Deion suggesting on the boat, during an episode of Hard Knocks, that he should call Goodell personally to thank him for reinstating him. Jones was upset that Deion (or probably anyone for that matter) would even ask him to do such a thing. He even attempted to counter Deion's suggestion by pointing out that Goodell had wrote him a reply letter to him also, as if that was the only courtesy necessary between a sports commissioner and a player.

:) This is obviously the man's mindset. Hopefully, he can be kept under wraps until he has had the opportunity to fulfill his contract. Otherwise, all the time and effort put into him was an utter waste.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Florio put out awhile back that his sources told him that Pacman was making a fool of himself in Dallas clubs. Something that wasn't even true. This could be more bs from the turd. And as CL posted, Pacman lives out near Deion which was probably his decision in the first place.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jones you could stay there this year until you get released does that sound like a better option

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Actually I don't blame him. This is the US of A, no one should be "Forced" to live where they don't want to live. Especially if he has the funds to move.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2303459 said:
I stilll remember Adam Jones's reaction to Deion suggesting on the boat, during an episode of Hard Knocks, that he should call Goodell personally to thank him for reinstating him. Jones was upset that Deion (or probably anyone for that matter) would even ask him to do such a thing. He even attempted to counter Deion's suggestion by pointing out that Goodell had wrote him a reply letter to him also, as if that was the only courtesy necessary between a sports commissioner and a player.

:) This is obviously the man's mindset. Hopefully, he can be kept under wraps until he has had the opportunity to fulfill his contract. Otherwise, all the time and effort put into him was an utter waste.

I think you read his reaction wrong, it was a why do I need to call him when all he did was write me a letter. It had nothing to do with deion or anyone telling him. He is immature, and I think clueless as to how the real world works. I don't think he has ever had what most would call a "normal" life.

bigE79

Reaction score
khiladi;2303443 said:
Pac-man is clearly our best corner this year. Coupled by the fact he is the only player on defense to actually force a turnover. Funny thing is, not only did he force the turnover, he recovered it as well.

And I call B.S. on the story anyways...
:hammer:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stealth;2303487 said:
I think you read his reaction wrong, it was a why do I need to call him when all he did was write me a letter. It had nothing to do with deion or anyone telling him. He is immature, and I think clueless as to how the real world works. I don't think he has ever had what most would call a "normal" life.
...but if my interpretation of Jones's reaction (which I thought was clearly stated) was the same as yours, does that still make me wrong or was I right? :confused:

:)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Every now and then I have to remind myself that we're talking about a grown man.