The Pac wants to move

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the current Inside the Huddle episode, I think you can hear TO and Hamlin talking about making it rain at Pac's house the night before. It was hard to hear clearly and a few days ago that I heard it, but it confirms my own opinion on Pacman Jones: that he'll play well for us for a time before eventually backsliding out of the league. I realize this is far from certain, but it does sem to me that he's changing his venues more than he is his behavior. It's going to take more than a haircut, a name change, and a security detail to straighten this guy out long-term.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Rack;2303480 said:
Actually I don't blame him. This is the US of A, no one should be "Forced" to live where they don't want to live. Especially if he has the funds to move.

But what if it is a condition to his signing...and or his reinstatement?

If not, by all means, move. If so, sucks to be him, he knowingly signed on to it.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2303497 said:
...but if my interpretation of Jones's reaction (which I thought was clearly stated) was the same as yours, does that still make me wrong or was I right? :confused:

:)

yes you were

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2303522 said:
In the current Inside the Huddle episode, I think you can hear TO and Hamlin talking about making it rain at Pac's house the night before. It was hard to hear clearly and a few days ago that I heard it, but it confirms my own opinion on Pacman Jones: that he'll play well for us for a time before eventually backsliding out of the league. I realize this is far from certain, but it does sem to me that he's changing his venues more than he is his behavior. It's going to take more than a haircut, a name change, and a security detail to straighten this guy out long-term.

how is it that when his teammates are goofing on him for the making it rain thing its his fault?

TO said they just were trying to make him feel at home. I thought it was pretty funny.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stealth;2303534 said:
how is it that when his teammates are goofing on him for the making it rain thing its his fault?

TO said they just were trying to make him feel at home. I thought it was pretty funny.

That comment wasn't my evidence that he's going to backslide. I don't know that he will. I'm just saying that's what I expect.

The comments on Inside the Huddle I already said were hard to hear. Personally, they sounded loaded to me (ie, it sounded like it was an interesting story they weren't going to share), but they weren't incriminating.

odog422

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2303405 said:
If this is true then Adam just needs to shut up, do as he's told, stay out of trouble, play hard and make his money.

This is a last chance situation here in Dallas, he doesn't want to screw that up.

Didn't want to sign him from the beginning because I thought his motivation was just to play, not to change. I didn't hear "change" in his comments, I heard "say what and do what I need to in order to be reinstated."

Saw some glimpses where I held out a little hope, but at this point, it seems my prediction of his implosion at the end of the regular season was just a bit too optimistic.

odog422

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2303440 said:
Pacman knew the circumstances before he signed his deal with the Cowboys. Now, after only a few months, he is already unhappy about something. Too bad I say. Jerry Jones did him a favor. He must just be too stupid to know it.

I've maintained from the start, he just doesn't "get it." And probably never will. In time, that is.

Rudy

Reaction score
Even if this story is true, he just wants to move from where he is living. This isn't even a story. I'd like to move too, and I think I may...I don't see why we wouldn't let him either, as long as it's not into a penthouse above a strip club, or he bought the White House for old times sake. I'd like to keep him happy, he's the only player in our secondary that has lived up so far...aside from Henry's 2 sacks.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
bbgun;2303499 said:
Every now and then I have to remind myself that we're talking about a grown man.

Exactly. :laugh2:

odog422

Reaction score
Idgit;2303522 said:
...but it does sem to me that he's changing his venues more than he is his behavior. It's going to take more than a haircut, a name change, and a security detail to straighten this guy out long-term.

Hopefully, Jerry and the coaches are picking up on this and will continue to make sure that he is not pushed into a major role.

Because I felt as you stated above when the rumors first started about us possibly signing him. My biggest fear was that he would come in and watch his P's & Q's for the entire season and finally, saying he owed it to himself, go where he wasn't supposed to, have an incident, and be suspended right before the playoffs. Which of course would, remove him from our lineup after we had come to depend on him.

This is the second recent report I've seen where he seems to be "chaffing at the bit" upon his limitations. Limitations which he had no problem with before he was reinstated, of course.

A month into the season and he's got issues. Somebody called BS on this report...when you start hearing "more of the same" from different places, I tend to go with "where there's smoke there's fire..."

Somebody said he's a grown man... Yes, but he was a grown man without an occupation until he met and agreed to all the conditions and restrictions that helped to allow him to be reinstated to play football. I highly, HIGHLY doubt that if he were not under the supervised and controlled status provided by Jerry that he currently is that Goodell would have reinstated him.

In other words, if he was still "livin his life" and just hadn't been arrested, I'm almost positive he would not have been reinstated.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If Pacman wants to move; he should be allowed to.

If the Cowboys want to cut him because he moved; then they can.

But he shouldn't be forced to live there if he doesn't want to. And the Cowboys aren't forced to keep him on the roster, unless they want to.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Vintage;2303619 said:
If Pacman wants to move; he should be allowed to.

If the Cowboys want to cut him because he moved; then they can.

But he shouldn't be forced to live there if he doesn't want to. And the Cowboys aren't forced to keep him on the roster, unless they want to.

Check back in 5-10 years and i bet some state or federal institution will be housing him against his will.

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2303400 said:
PACMAN, COWBOYS SQUABBLE OVER LIVING ARRANGEMENTS

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 10:48 a.m.
In the wake of Wednesday’s story regarding the manner in which the Cowboys have shut down all efforts by cornerback Pacman Jones to do some of the non-football things that made certain members of the Dallas teams of the 1990s legendary, a league source tells us that Jones is trying to move out of his Cowboys-issued apartment.
In turn, the Cowboys are trying their darnedest to keep Pacman in place.
And so the situation continues to remind us of the manner in which Mike Tyson was handled. Those who stood to make a buck off Tyson’s boxing skills aimed at protecting Tyson from himself, and they generally succeeded (but for an unfortunate incarceration arising from that rape charge) until he no longer was crapping golden eggs and/or biting ears. Left to his own devices, Tyson became even more of a cartoonish caricature.
The same thing will happen to Pacman. The Cowboys will do what they can to keep him out of trouble, they’ll do nothing to change his desire to engage in activities that can lead to trouble, and then when he’s no longer able to play football at a high level (or when they grow weary of babysitting him) he’ll be on his own.

When PFT says "league source", right there I take it with a huge grain of salt.

Nexx

Reaction score
lol, once again, another blown out of proportion article

adam - "Mr. Jones, do you think that maybe I could love out and get a place of my own yet."

jerry - "Pac, right not is probably not a good time, lets wait till the end of the year and discuss this again."

adam - "Cool Mr. Jones, thank you"

jerry - "No problem Pac, keep up the good work"

Article makes it sound like he feels like he is a trapped lion begging to be freed to go on a rampage, like Tyson.. sigh.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rack;2303480 said:
Actually I don't blame him. This is the US of A, no one should be "Forced" to live where they don't want to live. Especially if he has the funds to move.

It depends on what's written in his contract. It would appear that there is a clause in his contract that states he has to live in a team provided apartment, at least for some time.

If he signed it, then he has no choice if he wants to keep playing.