The Pace of the Offense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think that was my biggest disappointment from Sunday Night.

With all of the secret sauce comments and speculations of changes in the offense I really did think that this would be one of the changes.

Instead, we did use a no huddle, but it wasn't to speed things up and cause Pre-snap confusion. Instead we just used the no huddle to keep the defenses personnel on the field and still let them have all the time they needed to get lined up.

The future of the NFL is Pace. I've been saying it for a couple of years now.

Alot of defenders and coaches around the league spoke about how difficult it is to defend when Offenses dictate the tempo of games and play at a fast pace.

Hopefully this is something we change moving forward. Slow lethargic football is a thing of the past and it just doesn't fit our team.

Maybe, for once, we'll get ahead of it and make a change instead of finally figuring it out after the season is done.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It's one of my biggest pet peeves, but it's not a big issue by any means. Denver does a really good job of getting up to the line and catching defenses off guard. It's not necessarily every play, but every now and then and it's quite effective. Hell, NY scored on us the same way Sunday night.

Wish we would be more aware in situations like those.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's one of my biggest pet peeves, but it's not a big issue by any means. Denver does a really good job of getting up to the line and catching defenses off guard. It's not necessarily every play, but every now and then and it's quite effective. Hell, NY scored on us the same way Sunday night.

Wish we would be more aware in situations like those.

It would help the running game too. Especially if you ran up to the line and started play actioning off of it. We could really get teams off balance.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It would help the running game too. Especially if you ran up to the line and started play actioning off of it. We could really get teams off balance.

Glad you mentioned that. I would love to see more play-action in general.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think to O did play something like 70 snaps, but I guess some of that can be attributed the the D getting the ball back 6 times.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the offensive pace changed there in week one. At the very least, the hurry up gets you in a position to threaten the pace on those plays, and that's nearly the same thing as snapping it early. I've never been a fan of taking that adjustment time away from Romo, anyway. I think it hurts us more than it would help us. That said, I believe there will be situations where you see us varying up the pace more significantly, depending what the defense is doing and who we're playing.

I'm still puzzled by our slow starts on offense. I don't know why it happens, but, especially with this year's changes on defense, playing with a lead is going to make the games much, much easier for us. I'm not going to complain too much, because we led from whistle to whistle in this game, but there was a chance to be up a lot more, a lot sooner, which would really have changed the complexion of what the Giants were able to do early on offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't want to take away Romos ability to make adjustments.

The Patriots play at a high tempo though and Brady can still make all the adjustments he needs to make too.

We just need to pick up the pace. It will cut down on a lot of these dumb mistakes and won't give the defense so much time to get settled.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don't want to take away Romos ability to make adjustments.

The Patriots play at a high tempo though and Brady can still make all the adjustments he needs to make too.

We just need to pick up the pace. It will cut down on a lot of these dumb mistakes and won't give the defense so much time to get settled.

We had very few dumb mistakes. A big one by a rookie and a couple pre snap penalties. Much improved already after one game and all correctable. Arrow pointing up

conner01

Reaction score
i think as the season goes on you will see a faster pace. but remember we had two oline guys, a te and a wr who all played alot of snaps and were all playing their first nfl game. have to make sure you are all on the same page. thats more important than pace. but i do like the up tempo approach but i think you have to develope that over time, not just go into it head first with so many guys playing their very first nfl game