The Packers are automatically going to win

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's compare Green Bay's defense and Dallas's offense productivity during the first two weeks side-by-side, shall we?

Week 1

Vikings, (with a suspect quarterback and receivers) possessions vs. Packers defense: Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception.

Cowboys possessions vs Cleveland defense (which is not as good as the Vikings but good enough to hold down the Steelers): Touchdown, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception.

Week 2

Lions (with Kitna at quarterback, ‘nuff said) vs. the Packers defense: Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Field Goal, Field Goal, Field Goal, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception, Interception, Interception

Cowboys possessions vs Philadelphia defense (which is arguably MUCH better than the Lions): Touchdown, Touchdown, Interception, Fumble, Touchdown, Punt, Field Goal, Touchdown, Punt

Well, chalk up a "W" for the Pack. Darn.

Or maybe not... IF you really have paid attention during the first two weeks, that is...

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
DallasEast;2271597 said:
Let's compare Green Bay's defense and Dallas's offense productivity during the first two weeks side-by-side, shall we?

Week 1

Vikings, (with a suspect quarterback and receivers) possessions vs. Packers defense: Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception.

Cowboys possessions vs Cleveland defense (which is not as good as the Vikings but good enough to hold down the Steelers): Touchdown, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception.

Week 2

Lions (with Kitna at quarterback, ‘nuff said) vs. the Packers defense: Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Field Goal, Field Goal, Field Goal, Punt, Touchdown, Punt, Touchdown, Interception, Interception, Interception

Cowboys possessions vs Philadelphia defense (which is arguably MUCH better than the Lions): Touchdown, Touchdown, Interception, Fumble, Touchdown, Punt, Field Goal, Touchdown, Punt

Or maybe not... IF you really have paid attention during the first two weeks, that is...

"my suggestion to you is to go out and Drink Heavely".......

Reaction score
DallasEast;2271597 said:

Week 1

Week 2

Put down the drink.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2271597 said:

Week 1

Week 2

:confused:

rexrobinson

Reaction score
We are 0-5 at in that stadium. Since previous versions of the Dallas Cowboys failed that somehow predicts how the current version of the Cowboys will perform since.

It's scientific!

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if people here actually read posts from start to finish before making their snarky comments...

What isn't clear about this post? It's a jab at all the experts who are crowning the Packers because of what they did against inferior competition, how is that confusing?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2271630 said:
We are 0-5 at in that stadium. Since previous versions of the Dallas Cowboys failed that somehow predicts how the current version of the Cowboys will perform since.

It's scientific!

However we have beaten them at home before just in a different stadium.

yeahyeah

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;2271634 said:
I'm starting to wonder if people here actually read posts from start to finish before making their snarky comments...

What isn't clear about this post? It's a jab at all the experts who are crowning the Packers because of what they did against inferior competition, how is that confusing?

concur...i dont think people are reading what he wrote.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

yeah I thought it was pretty clear

DragonCowboy

Reaction score

I didn't know that the media was predicting a Packers win for the start, but I don't see what's all so bad about our offensive results.
They're great.

Based on those stats I'd say it's a close game, not a Packer's win.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I wonder if the wind played any factor in the Pitt-Cle game....

Nah.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score

Uh huh.

I see subtle still is not in the vocabulary of most.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thank God...

I start a thread, leave to watch my high school alma mater win (again), come back and find:
HighTechDave;2271599 said:
"my suggestion to you is to go out and Drink Heavely".......
Pick6TerenceNewman;2271602 said:
Put down the drink.
DragonCowboy;2271611 said:
the hell?
DaBoys4Life;2271620 said:

:banghead:

Thank you, c0wb0y_m0nkey. The old saying still holds true.

Reading IS fundamental.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;2271754 said:
I wonder if the wind played any factor in the Pitt-Cle game....

Nah.
I've got to agree with that, but it should also be noted that the wind affect both teams' ability to move the ball.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DallasEast;2271862 said:
I've got to agree with that, but it should also be noted that the wind affect both teams' ability to move the ball.

I know.

But a windy game def. helps out the Browns defense versus the Steelers offense.

And the opposite holds true, also...

Like... if Green Bay is like that tomorrow, I'd expect a low scoring game and mediocre numbers for Romo... and neither would be his fault. I don't fault Ben and the Steelers for that, either.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;2271869 said:
I know.

Like... if Green Bay is like that tomorrow, I'd expect a low scoring game and mediocre numbers for Romo... and neither would be his fault. I don't fault Ben and the Steelers for that, either.
It could change, but The Weather Channel forecast has winds of five to seven miles per hour come game time, so I don't believe wind will be a real factor.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Vintage;2271869 said:
I know.

I think windy conditions gave the Steelers a huge advantage. Which team runs the ball better? Which team throws the ball 16 times a game and which throws 35 times?