The Painful Thing Is we could have had Chris Jones

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because our LB play would have been good enough and we didnt needed Parsons.
We could have drafted an OT instead or a good CB or something we really needed.

I cant undertand how you can argue for drafting not good the past years just to justify a good draft pick.

Parsons is a great player but a bad pick. Just because we were so bad at drafting that we manuvered us into a position that we had to draft for need.
What? Lol.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
You can’t draft everyone. I would have drafted Ramsey over Zeke, then drafted Henry in the second round. The What ifs………. It still was an A draft because we got a franchise quarterback.
In the fourth round no less. Imagine if we had to trade multiple first round picks to get our franchise qb like some teams. That means no Byron Jones, LVE and possibly Cooper just to get a qb like Dak (I may be misremembering the first round picks after 2016 but you get my point)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
We took Jaylon Smith 2/34 and Chris Jones went 2/37 to the Chiefs.

Imagine a draft of

1) Ezekiel Elliot RB
2) Chris Jones DT
3) Malik Collins DT
4a) Anyone but Charles Tapper
4b) Dak Prescott

Zeke, Jones, Dak would have been an amazing draft. I guess Jones wasn’t the kind of disruptive, penetrating DT Marinelli was looking for.

hindsight.jpg

It's seldom, if ever, wrong.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Imagine a draft of

1) Ezekiel Elliot RB
2) Chris Jones DT
3) Malik Collins DT
4b) Dak Prescott

Zeke, Jones, Dak would have been an amazing draft. I guess Jones wasn’t the kind of disruptive, penetrating DT Marinelli was looking for.
nah, I take Jaylon:eek:

droopdog7

Reaction score
This sort of thing isn't painful at all. There are hits and misses in every draft and there will always be better players taken after you make your selection. So what?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh wow another worthless should've could've would've thread for many to whine and crap on anything and everything. :facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The draft is a roll of the dice. We could’ve had TJ Watt instead of Taco…whatever! Fans of other teams will be looking back at draft mistakes their teams made and say they could’ve had Parsons. The Raiders took Henry Ruggs instead of CeeDee..ouch!

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Imagine a draft of

1) Ezekiel Elliot RB
2) Chris Jones DT
3) Malik Collins DT
4b) Dak Prescott

Jerry told you he got a Top Ten player on the cheap. I told you, you got a one legged LB (see Carter, Lee, and Smith). I wanted Myles Jack and I had Chris Jones if Jack was gone.

Next on the I told you so parade "Broke Neck Mountain" Leighton Vander Esch.

Proof

Reaction score

Imagine a draft of

1) Ezekiel Elliot RB
2) Chris Jones DT
3) Malik Collins DT
4b) Dak Prescott

ouch.

Reactions: BAT

Proof

Reaction score
Marinelli preferred the lighter quick players at DT. He was always trying to recreate his Tampa defense. The game just passed him by, and as a result, he screwed up the middle of this DL for awhile looking for the wrong kind of players.

If Dan Quinn sticks around, he likes the big DTs. The defensive line will look a lot different next year.

did quinn sign a 3 year deal?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Imagine a draft of

1) Ezekiel Elliot RB
2) Chris Jones DT
3) Malik Collins DT
4b) Dak Prescott

Jaylon would have been available in the 3rd, most likely the 4th as well.