News: The perplexity of big contracts, and how the Cowboys should handle Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Why, because for star positions, Dallas is the place to be for endorsements and no state taxes. That's a big win not only for the next few years but their whole life!
Are any of those players doing any endorsements? The only one I ever see is Dak and that's because he's the QB. I think money is the biggest factor with athletes and then maybe a chance to win a SB. Maybe Jaylon would give a discount because the Cowboys took a chance on him. Can't see the others doing it though.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Are any of those players doing any endorsements? The only one I ever see is Dak and that's because he's the QB. I think money is the biggest factor with athletes and then maybe a chance to win a SB. Maybe Jaylon would give a discount because the Cowboys took a chance on him. Can't see the others doing it though.

Well Zeke's endorsements went out the window due to Goodell and Amari has only been with the Cowboys 8 months or so. If you don't think being a Cowboy and or winning a championship as one is different you have not been paying attention.

Just ask Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Johnston and Romo what being a Cowboys has meant to their future. Emmitt should never have any speaking jobs but you still see him places.

cern

Reaction score
we were 3-5 with zeke last year. we were 7-1 after cooper joined the team. perplexing???

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well Zeke's endorsements went out the window due to Goodell and Amari has only been with the Cowboys 8 months or so. If you don't think being a Cowboy and or winning a championship as one is different you have not been paying attention.

Just ask Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Johnston and Romo what being a Cowboys has meant to their future. Emmitt should never have any speaking jobs but you still see him places.
They also won championships. Well all except Romo who was a QB. Never saw anybody else off of Romo's teams doing much endorsing. I doubt they care much about that anyway when big money is concerned.

aikemirv

Reaction score
They also won championships. Well all except Romo who was a QB. Never saw anybody else off of Romo's teams doing much endorsing. I doubt they care much about that anyway when big money is concerned.

Won championships, which also goes back to the point of team friendly deals so you have the team to do so.

cern

Reaction score
endorsements are a combination of stardom and personality. but many get money from nike, etc, and it isn't announced. zeke is clearly on the low end of endorsement money given his talent. probably related to his off field behavior. dak is at the top of the list.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Zeke Elliot:

What should the Cowboys do: Stand their ground. We hate not seeing Zeke in camp, but the team has done such a great job sticking to their guns when it comes to preserving the team’s financials. The fallout of not having Elliott will mean the team will once again enter the season with a lot of uncertainty and inevitably have some type of impact, but setting a precedent that the team will cave under pressure and pony up extra cash, could have a greater detriment long term.

Amari Cooper:

What should the Cowboys do: Pay him. Having a great receiver is commodity that isn’t plentiful in the NFL. The team has taken steps to get one, so now they just need to finish it off by paying him

Dak Prescott:

What should the Cowboys do: Pay him. If you think talented wide receivers are rare commodities, it takes a backseat to the quarterback position. And considering how it’s the single-most influential position on the team, it pays to have one of the better ones. Dak’s a proven winner with room to grow, so the Cowboys need to make the commitment to their rising star quarterback. Prescott will go from one of the best bargains in the league to the highest-paid player in Cowboys franchise history.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...oys-should-handle-prescott-elliott-and-cooper

Zeke will not get paid what he wants. It's that simple.

Cooper will get paid, especially now that the Thomas contract shows the money is in line with what the market (for Cooper) dictates. Just don't wait for the Julio Jones contract, pay the man.

The market dictates Dak is in that $30-mil range. He may not be Drew Brees, but they can win with him. Pay the man.