The physicality and speed of the early 90s

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
No I don't prefer how things are now with the team, but damn some of y'all have to realize that it gets old hearing about that

I probably watch the 1992 NFC Championship game once every 2 or 3 months and I can’t get enough of the America’s Game episodes covering the 90’s Cowboys teams. There hasn’t been much to cheer about since then so nostalgia it is.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I probably watch the 1992 NFC Championship game once every 2 or 3 months and I can’t get enough of the America’s Game episodes covering the 90’s Cowboys teams. There hasn’t been much to cheer about since then so nostalgia it is.
I became a fan in 2005, two wildcard wins is all I have lol.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s been a long and fruitless 25+ years. Pathetic really.

You youngins get outta my yard !!!! Whippersnappers and Thundercats is all !!!!!

Only thing is nowadays you got social media and the internet to give voice to your ................ Well you know

Loyalty is an outdated model. Oh well to each his/her own

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The game is evolving with rule changes , year round practicing and fitness . And in some cases bigger and faster players. It’s more of a finesse game than physical . It’s also more of a passing game .

It is what it is. It’s like society wanting to go back to Leave it to Beaver days. Life and Society evolves. So has football. Doesn’t mean it’s better for everyone . You either go with it or get left behind.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing about the 90s. It's not coming back

Being elite in all 3 phases of game should never go out of style.

Defense and ST that gang rallies to ball and generates turnovers is not just a 90's thing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys had the fastest defense in the 90's.

No one disputes this.
Yes, of the 90s, but the play today, overall among all 33 teams, is much faster. Today, we have DEs running 40s in the 4.4s, LBs running 40s in the 4.3s, WRs and RBs who consistently run in the 4.4s and some even in the 4.3s. Even some D-linemen and O-linemen who are running 40s in the 4.7s - 4.8s.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yes, of the 90s, but the play today, overall among all 33 teams, is much faster. Today, we have DEs running 40s in the 4.4s, LBs running 40s in the 4.3s, WRs and RBs who consistently run in the 4.4s and some even in the 4.3s. Even some D-linemen and O-linemen who are running 40s in the 4.7s - 4.8s.

I have no doubt if Jimmy were still coaching, his defense would still be one of the fastest in NFL.

Due to improved modern training, technology and medicine, comparing eras is futile.