The players I like best in the draft..

dwmyers

Reaction score
All the chat tonight.. I thought I'd put my ought two on paper. No, this is not a draft plan.. since I think people have come up with a number of reasonable ones.. and the only one that counts is Parcells.

anyway..

DE - David Pollack, and it's really no comparison. I'm sorry, but when a person bleeds football through his pores the way Pollack does, it makes me feel as if the game is to be utterly embraced. Has to be picked at 11, I doubt he falls to 20.

DT - Luis Castillo. Two gapper from Northwestern, and fast. If he can hold two blocks and chase people down from the backside, I'd be happy if we considered him at 42.

LB - Derrick Johnson. Just like Coakley, but he's 5 inches taller, and 10 pounds heavier and hits harder and covers the state of Alaska on the field. Actually, I think the more apt comparison might be with Chuck Howley. Well, people camn hope. I peg his odds of making it to 11 at about 20 to 30%.

DB - Marlin Jackson. Switch hitter with some size and speed. I'm sure there are better players but I think he'll be around at 20 and would seal the secondary shut. I strongly considered Sean Considine here as I liked the way he was hitting in the Senior Bowl..

OL - Michael Roos. When they say of a guy things like "Can stop a defender's charge with his punch" and "Literally drove a defensive tackle fifteen yards downfield" what's not to like? 2nd/3rd round from my sources.

RB - Darren Sproles. Fell in love in the Sr Bowl. Kind of hope he'd be around in the 4th, but I doubt he'll be there. 3rd round type.

WR - Mike Williams. The source of an enormous amount of lust by Dallas fans. I like the guy. Big, fast enough, and uber soft hands. I like to imagine BMW and DamnBall throwing crack backs as JJ circles outside. Thing is, I think he has about a 0.007% chance to make it to 11.

QB - Jason Campbell. A mobile quarterback with better decision making than the Q and works well in the clutch. 2nd rounder, though rumors have it that Washington is considering him at #25.

2nd day players I'd love us to get..

Bill Swancutt
Gerald Sensabaugh
Tab Perry
Adam Snyder
Alfred Fincher
James Butler

David.

kartr

Reaction score
I like most of those players, but Campbell had quality running backs, receivers and a good defense. QC never had those things at Georgia, he was pretty much a one-man show. In Dallas, he had ancient E. Smith, udfa rb Troy Hambrick and the "china doll" receivers who wouldn't go over the middle or fight for the ball(see Terry Glenn on some of Q's and Vinny's interceptions and mild-mannered Kelly Holcomb getting into a fight with A. Bryant in Cleveland last year).