The playoff path through the NFC is getting clearer

Creeper

Reaction score
The biggest concern will be rust for Tyron. For Tyler it should easier, less area to cover, the guy he is going to block will be within an arms length on LOS.

The problem could be twists, stunts and blitzes.

Proof

Reaction score
If the season ended today the entire NFCE would be in the playoffs. If somehow that happened and road teams all won, the NFCE would battle it out in the divisional round.

get_attachment_url

DStar22

Reaction score
at this point just do like the 90s team

stomp em out each round dont care who we play

on all of their 3 SB year runs, the 90's team had exactly ONE away game in candlestick park. the rest of the time, the SB went through Dallas

jrumann59

Reaction score
The problem could be twists, stunts and blitzes.
Dallas OL will be fine with that they communicate well. Tyler will excel pass blocking in a booth at the LG position, biggest thing is his communication with the LT and C on possible stunts and help blocks.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Bucs are 5-6. The Falcons are 5-7. They get the Bucs in Atlanta to end the season, and the Falcons’ schedule is more favorable.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Plenty of football to play, but the path to get to the Super Bowl looks to be settling in:

Wild card: at Tampa
Divisional: at Philly
NFC Championship: at San Fran

That's how they're probably going to have to do it.

I just dont see any losses for Philly to give us a chance to catch them, and I don't see Minnesota or San Fran losing in the wild card round for Dallas to avoid Philly in the second round.

Tough sledding ahead. Dallas is good enough to have a chance, but it's going to be a steep climb.

If I had to pick a favorite come playoff time, it would be the 49ers.

Way too early to predict pessimistic outcomes. Go join the 49’ers board.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The thing about the playoffs, which are still not guaranteed, is you have to bring your A game every week. There is no winning a sloppy game like they did against the Giants. There is no playing flat like they did against the Packers and Bucs.

One thing that worries me is the return of Tyron Smith. If he plays LT and they move Tyler inside to LG, will it upset the continuity the OL has? If Tyron does not return in time to give Tyler a chance to plays some LG in a real game, I would be concerned the change in a playoff game could be exploited by the other team.

Some people don't understand that playing LG is easier than playing LT.. It's easier to make the adjustment from LT to LG than it is from LG to LT. And Tyler did that just fine.

TB just lost Wirfs for 3-4 weeks, so that will not help them at all.

Bucs may not even make the playoffs.

mldardy

Reaction score
The Bucs are 5-6. The Falcons are 5-7. They get the Bucs in Atlanta to end the season, and the Falcons’ schedule is more favorable.
Just think about it. That silly negated sack Atl had on Brady, called a penalty on 3rd down when they played earlier in the season when Atl would have gotten the ball back might decide the division. I know Atl still needed to drive down the field to win it but that play stands out a lot right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Plenty of football to play, but the path to get to the Super Bowl looks to be settling in:

Wild card: at Tampa
Divisional: at Philly
NFC Championship: at San Fran

That's how they're probably going to have to do it.

I just dont see any losses for Philly to give us a chance to catch them, and I don't see Minnesota or San Fran losing in the wild card round for Dallas to avoid Philly in the second round.

Tough sledding ahead. Dallas is good enough to have a chance, but it's going to be a steep climb.

If I had to pick a favorite come playoff time, it would be the 49ers.
So, you’re picking Cowboys to upset the Egirls in Divisional round?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Due to the running game and defense, this is the best all around team we have had in a while, but…

They haven’t won a road playoff game in 30 seasons, have only won two in the same season once in team history and nine total.

They are going to win THREE in consecutive weeks just to get INTO the SB?

I have tough time having faith in that. Gotta win this division, but if Philly isn’t going to ever lose, they’ve certainly earned it.
I think we can beat Tampa, maybe. We’ll prob be favored.

But going to Phil is quite another thing.

I do agree with Erod though that it’s looking like Egirls and Whiners in champ game. Although I’m not sure that’s what he said:)

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
at this point just do like the 90s team

stomp em out each round dont care who we play

Just "do like the 90s team"?

You mean....just tell the current cowboy players to "just become one of the greatest teams of all time" once the playoffs starts. Hey, why didn't they think of that before?

Only problem is, what if the OTHER teams figure that scheme out and do it too ????

The Bears might go on a roll, and then just "do like the 85 Bears did". Sounds like a pretty easy to-do list for them....we'll be in trouble if they decide to do that.

What if SanFran just "do like 80's Montana 49ers" ? UH OH !!!!! hope they don't realize that's an option.

What if the Rams decide just to "do like the 2000 Greatest Show On Turf Rams"? And score 300 points each game and win the SuperBowl?

Sheesh....your idea just seems so incredibly simplistic and obvious: Just Become The Greatest Team Ever. That's All. So utterly rudimentary, nobody else even considered that as a plan, none of the great football minds in the world could come up with that !

It's like, its so simple, even an idiot could have thought of that idea! That's the sign of a truly great idea.....almost childlike in its complexity, not requiring any in depth thinking at all

...and you thought it up all by yourself.

Amazing.

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score
I think we can beat Tampa, maybe. We’ll prob be favored.

But going to Phil is quite another thing.

I do agree with Erod though that it’s looking like Egirls and Whiners in champ game. Although I’m not sure that’s what he said:)
I almost want to play Tampa because winning that game means we finally beat Brady/Tampa and we kind of get some swagger from that. I've seen so many teams in the past 10-15 years win that first wild card game and get on a roll especially on the road.

Creeper

Reaction score
Some people don't understand that playing LG is easier than playing LT.. It's easier to make the adjustment from LT to LG than it is from LG to LT. And Tyler did that just fine.

Bucs may not even make the playoffs.

I think we all understand that playing LG does not require the same physical traits as playing left tackle. But continuity and communication on the OL are important too. I have no doubts that Tyler Smith can block the guy in front of him playing LG. My concern is more about picking up the line games since Tyler and Tyron have not played next to each other much.