The Positives Thread

rwalters31

Reaction score
I figured it would be good to have an uplifting thread to ease the pain of last night's loss. What Positives did you take away from last night? Here's mine:

1) there is no way this team can become over confident for the remainder of the season.
2) we still lead the NFC East despite the loss.
3) the Commanders will have a false sense of hope for the remainder of the season, only to see their dreams get crushed again once they realize that the skins from last night was an anomaly and that RG will not be their savior.

That's all I got. What say you?

Monday night came to an end
We play better in the Red Skin Stadium
Foot ball will go on
Cowboy fans are loyal

That's all folks

dallasdave

Reaction score
I figured it would be good to have an uplifting thread to ease the pain of last night's loss. What Positives did you take away from last night? Here's mine:

1) there is no way this team can become over confident for the remainder of the season.
3) the Commanders will have a false sense of hope for the remainder of the season, only to see their dreams get crushed again once they realize that the skins from last night was an anomaly and that RG will not be their savior.

The most positive thing that can come from this game is using the game film all season long to show how not to play football.

Lazyking

Reaction score
Running game is still dominant.

Oline was great without the blitz bombarding them. Most times being outmanned cause the protection scheme sucked.

Henry ******* Melton.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Lol

The positive for me is we lost.
Hoping that is a wakeup call that making MULTIPLE mistakes in EVERY game WILL NOT always result in a win.

I feel you. I've only been pleased with how we've played in two games - Titans and Saints. Look at our other four wins:

Were down 21-0 to Rams
Beat Texans in OT
Down 10-0 to Seahawks and had to win it in final minute
Struggled with Giants

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We cannot, as fans, fall into the trap of being "prisoners of the moment".

This team wins six in a row, it's Super Bowl or bust. But wow, they lose for the first time in seven weeks, and it's "oh no, can they win again??!! Will they go 7-9 or 8-8 now??"

The Cowboys will be JUST FINE. They've already proven this season they can compete with, and beat, any team in football. They got fooled on a few blitzes last night; and if Murray doesn't fumble on the Commanders' eight yard line, this is a 7-1 team. Divisional matchups are always tough (see the Rams beating the Seahawks last week).

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
Positives from last night? MMMMMMMM.

Weeden looked poised. I don't know that he's a long term option but he looked sharp last night except for the botched handoff.

Running game looked good except for the two fumbles.

Craig

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Great thread man. I love positive silver lining threads when people are in premature panic mode.

I will add:

4. There is no better time than mid season to have a wake up call that leaves us still in 1st place and left with plenty of film for improvement against the blitz.

5. As I was mentioning last night, we were Washington's super bowl. It's always like that when we play them. I honestly thought we would run away with it but that proves one of my points. I was so full of the 6 win streak that it clouded my judgment. I guarantee you the same was running through the heads of the players.

6. Focus has been restored and we will be prepared to host the Cards. Going into the bye week at 7-2 would be oh so sweet.

7. DLaw is supposed to be a very active DE and, based upon what I saw last night, there is no better time than the present for him to get into the rotation.

8. I would have laughed in your face if you had told me before the season that we would be 6-2 at the midway point. This team has something to build upon. That is a run first identity with a killer play action. Mix in more screens and we are back in business.

9. Weeden can run this offense.

Ren

Reaction score
Not much positive from this game, we're 6-2 though so clean up the crap from this game and move on to the Cards

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We can still run the ball effectively, Arizona is at home, and Jerry can still get from his suite... to the locker room ...to the field....and back to his suite... in a blink of an eye (old man still has it).

Perpetual_Jump_medium.gif

45f80bdee57c4f3299a04fe44abf2256.gif
joneshapp1.gif

jerry-jones-o.gif

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I hope DeMarcus Lawrence with that reshaped body, fresh legs and violent hands is ready to be let loose on the QB like a wrecking ball!

brymatt94

Reaction score
I guess we should just take our 6-2 record and crawl into a hole and wait to die. :rolleyes: Every team, including the so called elite teams will have games like this. it doesn't mean that nothing positive happened as a result of the outcome.

Amen!! We weren't going to go 15-1! The team is still way ahead than everyone expected them to be. This was supposed to be the Apocalypse of a season based on what fans and the media were saying during the off-season. I'm going to give Linehan the benefit of the doubt because every other game this year even if we were behind, he ran the ball. We went from 6-1 to 6-2, to some fans its like we went from 6-1 to 0-16 and the season has concluded. And don't misunderstand me, SOME fans appear to see it like this.