The Power Of Nukes

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hell on earth.

I am 21 years old, and therefore plan to live forever. But not a day goes by that I don't consider death. I would love to say that I am noble enough not to fear it, but I would be a dirty liar. Some days I am at peace with it, other days I don't like the idea. But there is one concept that I can peacefully accept - it is the only constant for all of humanity.

Because it is inevitable, I don't really care how it happens, or win. Not to say I don't want to live life - I do, very much so. But one way or another, I'll buy the whole farm, and I can life with that knowledge.

But there is one way I don't want to die - this way. When I was in HS, I read the most terrifying book I can remember (more than anything King has put out). It was called Alas, Babylon. It is a cheesy, goofy work. However, the chapter that describes the nuclear holocaust still scares me enough to make me queasy.

I used to live near DFW Airport, and would wake up in the morning hearing a plane fly overhead. On a few occasions, especially after reading the book (I have done so 3 times), I mistaked it for a sound I hope I never hear, the Bomb, and quickly rolled off and under my bed.

As a philosopher, I try to sit back and observe everything, logically and without bias. I do my best to do so with nukes as well, but I can honestly say - it is one tool I wish was never created.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I used to live near DFW Airport, and would wake up in the morning hearing a plane fly overhead. On a few occasions, especially after reading the book (I have done so 3 times), I mistaked it for a sound I hope I never hear, the Bomb, and quickly rolled off and under my bed.

When I was a kid, I saw the TV movie, The Day After, and boy howdy, you combine a kid with a vivid imagination who lives next to a base, and that movie is disaster. (It's a realistic portrayal of a nuclear holocaust.) I can relate to your story. For about a year after watching that movie, everytime I heard a fighter go over, I was thinking about bombers and rockets armed with nuclear weapons. Most of my Cold War experiences start with the "good years" when Reagan was slowly chipping away at the Soviet Bloc. I can only imagine what it was like for folks who had to perform duck and cover drills in Texas that didn't involve tornadoes, but instead nuclear weapons. Crazy %*#$*# world.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i dont fear death only the way i would die but at the rate people are dying down here (i think like 2 per day) i know my day will come.