The problem with everything is Jerry

STSINAZ

Reaction score
the truth is the truth...jerrah needs to stay out of cowboy business and we would be ok...al davis has the same problem...now you can call that a bowel movement if you want and take a blind eye its up to you...its right out there for all to see except the homers

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Lets see --Jerry owns the cowboys ---Bill works for Jerry---Jerry can
do what he wants to---to much whining --I am going back to bed--
Maybe everyone will be happier after a another cup of coffee;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
Jerry...If he would let Parcells pick all the players instead of bringing in people he wants...we would have been ok...none of them have worked...Here they are...

Eddie George - he flat out said it was Jerry that wanted him more than BP...he was done and it showed...

Marcellius Wiley - He sucked too...

Peerless Price...he did nothing here

Henson - obviously it was a Jerry signing...he sucks...Romo is better

and NOW TO....we know that Jerry wanted him more than BP,,,i trust Mort because he knows bill and people who know bill....BP is behind the scenes telling Jerry I told you so because:

TO put out a book a week after being signed they knew nothing about after stating he would behave himself...he went all around the nation promoting...hit every major media outlet...he is starving for attention and has not changed...strike one

TO gets hurt and now wont practice...says he will do so when he is ready...strike two..misses 12 or 13 straight practices

Now he says he is hurt again right after it was announced that he wouldnt play...what a wuss....he is a little baby...i know he knew on friday night but he was probably waiting to see if BP would change his mind...STRIKE THREE..

this thing is not going to stop...it is going to go on and on for the entire year...we cant cut him...we cant trade him...the only answer is to get someone else like a Johnny Morton for when this thing will blow up...and it probably will...hey the guy wont even practice! i mean if you wont practice something is wrong...he is wuss and I cant believe he comes out after everyone else with someone holding his helmet and then giving it to him..the players already see it...they cant believe it...this guy is the most selfish player ever IMO...he is way way out of control...worse than randy moss or anyone else you can think of...AND i am sure there are bunch of other things that have already been said and done that we know nothing about that Parcells has to put up with...so the real problem is not El dorado...ITS JERRAH!

STAY OUT OF IT JERRAH...YOU ARE MEDDLING AGAIN...YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MEDDLE...YOU GO 5-11 THREE YEARS IN A ROW! WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT PLAYERS AND FOOTBALL...IF YOU WANT TO WIN AND MAKE MONEY STAY OUT OF IT...

OK, some valid points,

Now, to be fair......let's go back and look at a few of Mr. Jones accomplishments:

3 World Championships (most of any Cowboy ownership)

Team of the 90's.........they are plently more but this will justify my point

jman

Reaction score
Jerry...If he would let Parcells pick all the players instead of bringing in people he wants...we would have been ok...none of them have worked...Here they are...

Eddie George - he flat out said it was Jerry that wanted him more than BP...he was done and it showed...

And now as you say, TO.

Okay??? that is what, a total of five players. And these guys are what's keeping us from winning?

What exactly is the impact of each of these guys? How did they totaly and utterely ruin the Cowboys?

Do you know how many players pre-date Parcells that or currently on the roster? Try four. Four players. Greg Ellis, Flozell Adams, Roy Williams, Andre Gurode.

I think Jerry did make some poor moves in both player and coach choices, but that's in the past.

Stop already.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

and NOW TO....we know that Jerry wanted him more than BP,,,i trust Mort because he knows bill and people who know bill....BP is behind the scenes telling Jerry I told you so because:

TO put out a book a week after being signed they knew nothing about after stating he would behave himself...he went all around the nation promoting...hit every major media outlet...he is starving for attention and has not changed...strike one

TO gets hurt and now wont practice...says he will do so when he is ready...strike two..misses 12 or 13 straight practices

Now he says he is hurt again right after it was announced that he wouldnt play...what a wuss....he is a little baby...i know he knew on friday night but he was probably waiting to see if BP would change his mind...STRIKE THREE..

this thing is not going to stop...it is going to go on and on for the entire year...we cant cut him...we cant trade him...the only answer is to get someone else like a Johnny Morton for when this thing will blow up...and it probably will...hey the guy wont even practice! i mean if you wont practice something is wrong...he is wuss and I cant believe he comes out after everyone else with someone holding his helmet and then giving it to him..the players already see it...they cant believe it...this guy is the most selfish player ever IMO...he is way way out of control...worse than randy moss or anyone else you can think of...AND i am sure there are bunch of other things that have already been said and done that we know nothing about that Parcells has to put up with...so the real problem is not El dorado...ITS JERRAH!

STAY OUT OF IT JERRAH...YOU ARE MEDDLING AGAIN...YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MEDDLE...YOU GO 5-11 THREE YEARS IN A ROW! WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT PLAYERS AND FOOTBALL...IF YOU WANT TO WIN AND MAKE MONEY STAY OUT OF IT...

You left out 1 part. It is Jerry's football team, his money his team. You don't have to like it but that is the way it is and is going to be. Jerry took heat from the get go when he hired a college coach till now yet under his ownership this franchise has see more success than at any other time 3 rings

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I get tired of the whining threads but Jerry is ultimately responsible for this team.

However I think his troubles started way before Bill showed up and I think if anything he has learned since Bill showed up.

For Jerry to even hire Bill was a huge change and step in the right direction instead of Jerry hiring another puppet coach like Campo.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
you guys have a short memory...jimmy johnson was the reason not jerry that we won...and obviously the players..but he was the one who was getting them...not jerry...jerry showed what he could do after that...the worst showing of a GM maybe in NFL history...and ANYTIME he gets involved there is a good chance of failure...call it what it is....dont sugarcoat it...and i know he is in charge...duh...is that really true? yes I know...just pointing out the obvious...guess the obvious is not so obvious to some...homers

jman

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
you guys have a short memory...jimmy johnson was the reason not jerry that we won...and obviously the players..but he was the one who was getting them...not jerry...jerry showed what he could do after that...the worst showing of a GM maybe in NFL history...and ANYTIME he gets involved there is a good chance of failure...call it what it is....dont sugarcoat it...and i know he is in charge...duh...is that really true? yes I know...just pointing out the obvious...guess the obvious is not so obvious to some...homers

You don't pay much attention to other NFL teams do you?

That one statement alone says you are so much the "homer" you call everyone else, that you know so little about the game and the league, that only what the Cowboys do makes it into your way of thinking with nothing to even compare it to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

And Jerry also got blasted by many around the NFL by hiring a college coach. Jerry has taken the BS from day 1 and it has never stopped. If you don't like him well then you don't like him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I swear I'm tired of these "movement" threads.

Bowel movements are more interesting. That's how bad these are getting.

:laugh2:

I'm tired of all these little Che Guevaras running around

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

jimmy was PART of the reason, sure. so were the players, the other coaches, the OWNER - all *part* of a *team* of which football *is* a *team* sport.

jjones has done his rounds of stupid behavior, to be sure. but i said long ago you don't get to be in his position by being stupid.

period.

so given that he's not stupid he'll learn the coaching carasoul doesn't work and he'll eventually check his ego at the door and hire a "real" coach. oh the grief i took for that. jjones is a fool and will never learn, he's an idiot, a moron - all that stuff was plastered back at me by the "immediate satisfaction" crowd that's all too prevelant today.

now many years later he's hired a real coach and i hate him. but at least i recognize he's the best coach we've had in awhile and maybe, just maybe, he *had* to put us in this stupid situation we're in to stop the maddness we were on.

but some people let their own personal preferences cloud any other way of doing things and yea, i've been guilty about that too but if romo pans out, then score one for BP and forcing the issue of taking time. if wrong, big deal, it was still worth a shot.

if you're that smart then you'd have enough money to buy a team and you could do whatever you wanted, sts. but since you're here with us then maybe YOU'RE not that smart and just need to chill out with the hate parade.

jaybird

Reaction score
Come on now let's be reasonable. Do you work for the national media? All the signings as it's been said many times, was done by committee. Jerry has given Bill all the support and players he has asked for. These players were signed to provide depth.
That's why Bill chose the Cboys as the team to coach. Jerry is second to none with the passion to win. He's not always made the best decisions (i.e., Galloway -ouch) but he has succumb to Bill.

As far as TO the only thing he has done wrong so far is when he first started practicing he would wait and come out last. The LOOK at ME!! you get with TO. That we will have to live with. The Lance Armstrong outfit was kind of neat, that's called FUN. TO has never been lazy as a matter of fact he has done everything he can to adopt Jerry Rice's work ethic. There has been so much Media BS. Bill has handled all this masterfully. T.O will be great, this team is going places and Jerry Jones has learned how to be a GM, FINALLY

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jaybird said:
The Lance Armstrong outfit was kind of neat, that's called FUN.
Nope.

The Lance Armstrong outfit was a bloody steak thrown to the circling sharks we commonly call 'the media'. What do people expect should have happen? What? The reporters should all stop and say, "Aww. Look at T.O. He's so cuuuute! I just want to hug him and pet him and hold him and squeeze him and..."

:rolleyes:

Owens is an attention hog. He put on the outfit to grab attention. The media (who have reacted the same way with everything he has done in San Francisco, Philadelphia and now Dallas) took the bait and ran with it.

Mission accomplished!

notherbob

Reaction score
Jerry is a good owner but a lousy GM and Jethro is a miserable spokesman, but we're stuck with him but at least he saw that he might possibly have a shortcoming or two and had enough sense to hire BP. I worry about what will happen after BP when Jethro then thinks that he knows it all this time and goes back to his old ways.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

OMG!!!!

Jerry please sell the team and put us out of our misery:rolleyes:

WarC

Reaction score
Actually, Marcellius Wiley and Aveion Cason were both old "Parcell's guys".

silver

Reaction score
WarC said:
Actually, Marcellius Wiley and Aveion Cason were both old "Parcell's guys".
they where? wiley played for buffalo and san diego. cason played for detroit or the rams or both. how were they old parcells guys?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Coach Parcells is the best thing to happen to this franchise since we drafted Emmitt Smith, but there is nothing, and I mean, nothing, that suggests any of what you say is remotely true. Coach Parcells is human and the signings of the past while they may not have been supported, he had ample opportunity and clout to veto them any time he wanted. Just as he had the power to stop the Owens acquisition if he was not in compliance.

Jerry Jones is used to being the punching bag and he is very good at it, so please continue if that makes you sleep better at night. But as far as him "meddling", if so, Coach Parcells would leave. That's just the simple truth.