The race for the No.1 seed is heating up

Praxit

Reaction score
Yep, right in the thick of it. Hopefully, Leonard signs with us.
That will help our light LB spot. I mean Bell and Clark are good. But we need a bigger body back there.

theanimal23

Reaction score
Any chance DET can get a tiebreaker over the Eagles if they have the same records?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas record wise at this time appears to be in the thick of it....but with a tougher schedule remaining along with how they perform against better than average teams, it is asking a lot. I think when the smoke clears, they still wind up at the #5 seed.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Conceding the division because we're 1 game back just seems silly. There's 5 games to go, not 1 or 2. Sure the Eagles have the tiebreaker advantage and the easier schedule, but with a Cowboys W next week how could a fan count them out?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I would be happy with the 2 seed honestly. That would all but guarantee the Eagles are the 5 seed and SF is the 1 seed. We would get the 7 seed in the first round and then Detroit more than likely in the divisional round.. We would go to SF for the Championship game or Philly would come to Dallas. I like that better than the vs 4 seed in round one and then SF or Philly in the Divisional round and then the championship game, all on the road.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
This is where the great teams go on a run. The remaining schedule is tough but all games are very winnable. Win out and see where you stand in the end. If they can’t win out then they aren’t good enough and don’t deserve it.

Praxit

Reaction score
I would be happy with the 2 seed honestly. That would all but guarantee the Eagles are the 5 seed and SF is the 1 seed. We would get the 7 seed in the first round and then Detroit more than likely in the divisional round.. We would go to SF for the Championship game or Philly would come to Dallas. I like that better than the vs 4 seed in round one and then SF or Philly in the Divisional round and then the championship game, all on the road.
..that's about the plan. NFCCG probably in Santa Clara

Sydla

Reaction score
Conceding the division because we're 1 game back just seems silly. There's 5 games to go, not 1 or 2. Sure the Eagles have the tiebreaker advantage and the easier schedule, but with a Cowboys W next week how could a fan count them out?
Conceding might be a bit premature but the reality is that we have the much tougher road especially given the fact we fall short on the important tiebreakers.

Even if we win on Sunday, we still need a lot of help from Philly and that's even assuming we could win out, which I don't think is that likely. If Philly loses to us and then say Seattle, we could only lose the Detroit game. That's it.

If that doesnt happen we are left hoping the crappy Giants or abysmal Cards can pull an upset.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles should lose the next 2 games.
Which still puts us in a tough spot because even if they lose the next two, we need to either win out or only lose to Detroit. We lose the common game tiebreaker if our final loss comes against Buffalo or Miami.

HanD

Reaction score
I don't see us getting it. Behind Philly and tough schedule. But I'm hoping for det to make a run if we can beat phi this week. That would be best case for us as the 5th seed. SF and phi playing each other in the divisional round.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't see us getting it. Behind Philly and tough schedule. But I'm hoping for det to make a run if we can beat phi this week. That would be best case for us as the 5th seed. SF and phi playing each other in the divisional round.
Here is a bizarre take.

It might be better for us to lose to Detroit, especially if we lose to Buffalo or Miami.

HanD

Reaction score
Here is a bizarre take.

It might be better for us to lose to Detroit, especially if we lose to Buffalo or Miami.
Yeah depending on how the games play out it could be to our advantage. Not saying we will or that id root for it. Just that in the big picture the playoffs could shake out better.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Philly, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, Washington.

I love the smell of running the table in the morning.

smells-like-victory-apocalypse-now.gif