The race for the No.1 seed is heating up

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, Washington.

I love the smell of running the table in the morning.

smells-like-victory-apocalypse-now.gif

W L L W L

Flamma

Reaction score
Let's say Dallas beats the Eagles. Then Dallas loses to Miami, but wins the rest of their games. They'll have a 13-4 record.

If the Eagles lose to Dallas and Seattle and wins the rest of their games, they'll also be 13-4. Dallas still loses the tie breaker.

The Eagles would have to lose 1 game to the Giants for us to win that tie breaker. That sucks.

However, this is not a sure thing. For Dallas to lose the tie breaker I mentioned, it would have to come from the strength of victory tie breaker. I used the playoff machine and just randomly entered wins for each game that didn't involve the Eagles and Dallas. So Dallas could win the Strength of victory tie breaker depending on who wins those other games.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
When Minnesota plays Detroit. Hope for Detroit to beat the Vikings twice. Provided we beat Detroit of course.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
It comes down to Philly losing against the Cowboys. They have no margin for error going forward unless SF or DAL lose in the final four weeks of the season. Eagles have two remaining games they could lose. This week against DAL and the following week against SEA (both games on the road). After that the schedule is a cakewalk for them. For the Cowboys to win the division they MUST beat Philly and hope Seattle beats them to win the division.

As for getting the #1 seed, the above scenario needs to happen and the 49ers need to drop a game. The only tough game left for the Niners is the Ravens (it’s a home game for SF). The rest of the schedule is easy.

rambo2

Reaction score
Which still puts us in a tough spot because even if they lose the next two, we need to either win out or only lose to Detroit. We lose the common game tiebreaker if our final loss comes against Buffalo or Miami.
The Eagles would have loses to 49ers, Jets, and Seahawks.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Let's say Dallas beats the Eagles. Then Dallas loses to Miami, but wins the rest of their games. They'll have a 13-4 record.

If the Eagles lose to Dallas and Seattle and wins the rest of their games, they'll also be 13-4. Dallas still loses the tie breaker.

The Eagles would have to lose 1 game to the Giants for us to win that tie breaker. That sucks.

However, this is not a sure thing. For Dallas to lose the tie breaker I mentioned, it would have to come from the strength of victory tie breaker. I used the playoff machine and just randomly entered wins for each game that didn't involve the Eagles and Dallas. So Dallas could win the Strength of victory tie breaker depending on who wins those other games.
I'm not sure this is true.

If we all end up 14-3, Philly wins the Division.

I think if we all end up 13-4, Dallas wins the Division.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
You guys just don't get it. Relax. It's week to week. Things that look insurmountable 2-3 weeks from now may change as we get closer. Just beat philly and let everything unravel.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I really don't get it. Say we beat Philly in Dallas this week end. Doesn't that make us both 10-3 ?with four games left to play? So why are so many Cowboys Fans saying , No Way ?

Miami, Buffalo, Detroit and Washington I remember the days when that was a cake walk. Buffalo if you must (I wouldn't) but the rest of those teams can be had, with relative ease

14-3 or 13-4 That's an improvement from last year and then off to the playoffs. Wild Card round, then divisional round, let's get improvement we do , then we are in the NFCC Game

and anything can happen. Coitus Ya'll. I don't root for a team to NOT hope for the best.

Let's Go Cowboys.

I'm still Dem Boys !!!!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Way too early to predict anything other than what might happen this weekend.

We are going to beat the eagles the Lions are going to pound the bears the 49ers are going to beat the Seahawks and everyone is going to be 10 and 3 pretty much tied up for the number one seed making every subsequent game important.
This last part of the season will be must see TV for all the division leaders as I believe they will come out of this weekend in a dead heat

CCBoy

Reaction score
I really don't get it. Say we beat Philly in Dallas this week end. Doesn't that make us both 10-3 ?with four games left to play? So why are so many Cowboys Fans saying , No Way ?

Miami, Buffalo, Detroit and Washington I remember the days when that was a cake walk. Buffalo if you must (I wouldn't) but the rest of those teams can be had, with relative ease

14-3 or 13-4 That's an improvement from last year and then off to the playoffs. Wild Card round, then divisional round, let's get improvement we do , then we are in the NFCC Game

and anything can happen. Coitus Ya'll. I don't root for a team to NOT hope for the best.

Let's Go Cowboys.

I'm still Dem Boys !!!!!!
That level of wins in any decade is a very significant accomplishment. For any team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Way too early to predict anything other than what might happen this weekend.

We are going to beat the eagles the Lions are going to pound the bears the 49ers are going to beat the Seahawks and everyone is going to be 10 and 3 pretty much tied up for the number one seed making every subsequent game important.
This last part of the season will be must see TV for all the division leaders as I believe they will come out of this weekend in a dead heat
As to Detroit ... Nothing to prove any more, not even as much credability that is Dallas. This is with playoff experiences from the two previous seasons as well.

Last edited:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
There is almost no chance to take the division. The eagles would have to lose twice and the cowboys would have to run the table. The remaining schedules are polar opposites.

Division was lost in the first eagles game.

If the cowboys run the table they are winning the superbowl anyways. Seed wouldn't matter.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is true.

If we all end up 14-3, Philly wins the Division.

I think if we all end up 13-4, Dallas wins the Division.
If Dallas beats the Eagles and loses to the Dolphins. Eagles lose to us and Seattle, the tie breaker goes to strength of victory. There's no way to tell who can win that this far out. I did one test and the Eagles got #1 Seed. If the Vikings lose to Detroit twice, that favors us. The other way around favors the Eagles.

Dallas needs teams that they beat to have better records than the teams the Eagles beat. That's how you win strength of victory.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
We still have a chance..........

No it’s not. Philly has four easy games to finish the season. They will finish 14-3. They win the division by having the better conference record. The 49ers. Still have ravens, Seahawks, rams. They will lose atleast one of those. Win Sunday night. I think this schedule set up nice for Dallas to finish 13-4 or 12-5 depending on if we test the guys against Washington.