The Rams game is OVER.

mmohican29

Reaction score
It was a horrific moment in Dallas Cowboys history. But guess what, the game ended.

We are 8-4 and if we win OUT we WILL make the playoffs. So let's play some good football and let the chips fall where they may. Here's to running the *** table! If the Cowboys play their best ball there is not a team, not a field, not a venue where they cannot win in.

This team might FINALLY be up to the challenge. I just got a feeling. The return of Romo has ignited the Cowboys, and we go backdraft on Sunday!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
mmohican29;2454410 said:
It was a horrific moment in Dallas Cowboys history. But guess what, the game ended.

We are 8-4 and if we win OUT we WILL make the playoffs. So let's play some good football and let the chips fall where they may. Here's to running the *** table! If the Cowboys play their best ball there is not a team, not a field, not a venue where they cannot win in.

This team might FINALLY be up to the challenge. I just got a feeling. The return of Romo has ignited the Cowboys, and we go backdraft on Sunday!

hell yea!!

let's do this!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm very confident we'll make the playoffs, but IF we don't, we will have that horrible loss to point to for not making it. Actually, we shouldn't have lost to the pitiful Foreskins at home nor should we have lost to the Cardinals. We were just going through a streak where we were playing very poorly and had way too many injuries. However, regardless of the injuries, we still should not have lost to the Rams.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v303/aardvark69/Miscellaneous/p1.jpg

THATS... why they play the game!!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Our four losses are to NFC teams so just pick one if you need to cast blame.

Personally I am pissed off about the AZ game. Romo and McBriar get hurt and we know what happens next!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep bringing up this game....we got our butts whooped. It wasnt even close the whole game.

I am more upset over the Skins and Cards games. Those games we had our chances to win and had we done so, we would be 10-2 and in position to try and win the division or clinch a playoff spot with a win against Pittsburgh next week.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

We are where we are.

Hopefully, we can make the playoffs. But if not, then next year's team will learn a valuable lesson, i.e., you just can't show up and think you can beat teams because everyone picks you to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You have to bring it every day, every game.

If this team does not advance to the playoffs, I think that will be the lesson for the 2009-2010 season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2454432 said:
I'm very confident we'll make the playoffs, but IF we don't, we will have that horrible loss to point to for not making it. Actually, we shouldn't have lost to the pitiful Foreskins at home nor should we have lost to the Cardinals. We were just going through a streak where we were playing very poorly and had way too many injuries. However, regardless of the injuries, we still should not have lost to the Rams.

Jim Zorn = Steve Spurrier II. Remember how Spurrier got off to a promising start that gave the nation's capital false optimism...only for his ugly rear end to show its true colors.

Same with Zorn this year-his creativeness and new brand of football got the Skins off to a hot start, but teams have caught onto him b/c he's a 1-trick pony. Too bad we had to face them early in the season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2454677 said:
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

We are where we are.

Hopefully, we can make the playoffs. But if not, then next year's team will learn a valuable lesson, i.e., you just can't show up and think you can beat teams because everyone picks you to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You have to bring it every day, every game.

If this team does not advance to the playoffs, I think that will be the lesson for the 2009-2010 season.

This is what I hated about hearing from all the media rags how the Cowboys were the team to beat all offseason. Remember last year, all they talked about were the Saints and Eagles throughout the offseason...look how much they ended up eating the cheese and stunk it up subsequently.

Hopefully next year, the media rags will focus on someone else, which will keep the team at a much lower profile.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't get the whining over it either.

I guarantee you almost every team in the league has a what-the-heck? loss they deeply regret. The Rams also beat the Commanders, ya know, and they're a game back of us. Think they're kicking themselves over that?

Like the OP said, the game's in the past. This December run, not the Rams game, really will decide our season. I know it's fun in hindsight to look back and say we would be 9-3 had we won that game, but you don't know that for sure. Maybe that game was a kick in the rear we needed and, without it, we lose, say, the Commanders game.

I regret the Arizona and Washington games more -- games in which we had our starting quarterback and were within several points of winning, not the one when we had our limp backup leading an uninspired bunch.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2454719 said:
I don't get the whining over it either.

I guarantee you almost every team in the league has a what-the-heck? loss they deeply regret. The Rams also beat the Commanders, ya know, and they're a game back of us. Think they're kicking themselves over that?

Like the OP said, the game's in the past. This December run, not the Rams game, really will decide our season. I know it's fun in hindsight to look back and say we would be 9-3 had we won that game, but you don't know that for sure. Maybe that game was a kick in the rear we needed and, without it, we lose, say, the Commanders game.

I regret the Arizona and Washington games more -- games in which we had our starting quarterback and were within several points of winning, not the one when we had our limp backup leading an uninspired bunch.

Or we could be the Eagles-they lose their first 3 NFCE games, lose to Chicago b/c Reid gambled and lost late in the game, TIE the lowly Bengals, had that fiasco with Reid/McNabb in Baltimore DESPITE being down by ONLY a FG at halftime, and they're now down to only 7 healthy OL.

Hey-at least we're on the outside looking in, while there's VERY little margin of error left for the Eagles. We should be HAPPY with what we HAVE, at the very least!

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I have two friends that drove 10 hours to see the Cowboys vs. Rams.

They are still recieving counseling. :eek:

Sorry, rams cost us the playoffs. :)

JPM

Reaction score
aardvark;2454445 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v303/aardvark69/Miscellaneous/p1.jpg

THATS... why they play the game!!
OH GOD !! MY eyes !