The Real Problem

Shadowfax

Reaction score
My assumption is they've picked up on Dak's pre-snap reads. Romo showed how Dallas came out on that 3rd and short with the over look, showing a hole on the weak side. But when LV ran to that hole DAL anticipated it and the defenders filled that hole. Seems lately the only runs that get any decent yards are misdirections or sweeps with Pollard.
You have to wonder how much if it is just Pollard as well. It does appear that Zeke has lost a step and is most effective running between the tackles. I don’t think defenses fear him running outside so they just key between the tackles.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don’t care if I’m hijacking the thread.

We’ve lost 4 games this season. Two of those losses were a DIRECT RESULT of getting royally SCREWED by the officials.

They did their best when we were in New England too, but we survived that one. It only cost us a calf strain to our QB in overtime.

We’d all be feeling great today if we were 9-2 and coming off a win. The piece of **** refs have been jobbing us all ****ing year.

Remember those 2 clear-as-day QB sneak TDs by Dak this year? And how we somehow didn’t get credit for either of them???

It’s ridiculous. I watch an unhealthy amount of NFL football, not just the Cowboys, and I’m telling you guys: we get screwed more often than any other team.

Oh, we’re also 1st in the NFL in penalty yards against us this year.

At some point, you have to just laugh at the bull****.
:laugh:

Or... you know... expect your players to stop committing penalties.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The real problem in Dallas is not the Talent but the Culture. Dak is the new Romo. a great quarterback but not elite and not clutch like his homers have been claiming. You can win with Romo and you can win with Dak. But as far as what I see here, we still have the same inconsistencies game from game that has plagued this team for years. Our talent will just waste away here like the previous talent did.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You have to wonder how much if it is just Pollard as well. It does appear that Zeke has lost a step and is most effective running between the tackles. I don’t think defenses fear him running outside so they just key between the tackles.

He's definitely slowed down by whatever this knee thing is they've been alluding to the last few weeks. I also think Pollard is a better east/west runner.

Nav22

Reaction score
Or... you know... expect your players to stop committing penalties.
LOL!

You say that like a “penalty” against a Dallas player is still a “penalty” when the other team does the exact same thing.
:lmao2:

Redline360

Reaction score
Problem 1: Jerry and Co
Problem 2: Coaching through the years

Won't matter what team you field with never solving problems 1 & 2. Will eventually find a way to shoot themselves in the foot

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Running the ball only works like this if opponents fear the passing game. The Raiders, like the Chiefs, loaded the box and dared the Cowboys to throw.

Not until late in the game did Cedrick Wilson, Michael Gallup, and Noah Brown start beating man coverage. Once Cooper and Lamb come back the entire playbook can be opened again.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this was a terribly officiated game (just like the NE game in my opinion), but the real issue is the running game.

We came into this game with every intention of running the football. It appeared that the plan was to run Pollard early, then bring in Zeke to finish them off. Unfortunately, either we again refused to stay with the run, or the worst running defense in the league wouldn’t allow it. Either way, this is, and remains, the real issue with this team. Until we get this fixed, we are not going to do well in the playoffs (if we even make it).

For my money, (as I posted over a month ago) I still think we need Lael at LG and McGovern at C. I am not sure that McGovern can even snap, but Tyler isn’t getting it done. I think this lineup would allow us to run right at teams and wear them down. Whatever they decide to do, we have to get this fixed.

Here's your problem and will remain so .....

dak-dance.gif

All sauce and no Steak!!!

DuncanIso

Reaction score

47 passes, 9 Zeke rushes.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yeah, this was a terribly officiated game (just like the NE game in my opinion), but the real issue is the running game.

We came into this game with every intention of running the football. It appeared that the plan was to run Pollard early, then bring in Zeke to finish them off. Unfortunately, either we again refused to stay with the run, or the worst running defense in the league wouldn’t allow it. Either way, this is, and remains, the real issue with this team. Until we get this fixed, we are not going to do well in the playoffs (if we even make it).

For my money, (as I posted over a month ago) I still think we need Lael at LG and McGovern at C. I am not sure that McGovern can even snap, but Tyler isn’t getting it done. I think this lineup would allow us to run right at teams and wear them down. Whatever they decide to do, we have to get this fixed.
No excuses for the O-Line, everybody was healthy so what now????? As a whole, this team isn't as good as all the EXPERTS are saying they are. Dak has slipped back to his yester-years with his horrible passes AND the dropped passes are a f#$%king joke. It's time to send a message and start releasing some of these underachievers and don't tell me there's nothing better waiting for a call because what is currently lining up on the O-Line can't catch a dam thing anyway so bring in so more scrubs for a look.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
I don’t care if I’m hijacking the thread.

We’ve lost 4 games this season. Two of those losses were a DIRECT RESULT of getting royally SCREWED by the officials.

They did their best when we were in New England too, but we survived that one. It only cost us a calf strain to our QB in overtime.

We’d all be feeling great today if we were 9-2 and coming off a win. The piece of **** refs have been jobbing us all ****ing year.

Remember those 2 clear-as-day QB sneak TDs by Dak this year? And how we somehow didn’t get credit for either of them???

It’s ridiculous. I watch an unhealthy amount of NFL football, not just the Cowboys, and I’m telling you guys: we get screwed more often than any other team.

Oh, we’re also 1st in the NFL in penalty yards against us this year.

At some point, you have to just laugh at the bull****.
:laugh:
You also have to wonder how much is coaching. Well coached teams don’t commit as many penalties.

Still, I do agree that many of them (especially in this game and the NE game) have been questionable at best.

Nevertheless, I think the Cowboys will make the playoffs. I want us to go deep, even though I think we need a few more pieces. Running the ball will be a must.

The Bucs, Pack, and Cards all have better defenses than us. Will that change once we get all our guys back? I hope so, but we still will need to run it.

Haimerej

Reaction score
LOL! You’re funny.

Chiefs DB ran right into Dalton Schultz on Sunday with the ball in the air. Head turned, not looking at the ball.

Did they call PI? Of course not.

Sometimes calls are missed. This is known by every athlete who has ever played a game.

conner01

Reaction score

Constantly changing the oline isn’t helping
We rotated linemen today
Didn’t do anything to help at all
An oline needs continuity and we’ve had very few games with the same line in back to back weeks
Just put in the other guy is not a plan for success

TheHerd

Reaction score
Agree, but we need to be able to run in these situations. I think the Raiders were the worst run defense in the league. At least till they faced us.

I am hopeful with Tyron back, and more time together, they will work together better and we will see improvement.

A real problem continues to be Dalton Shultz’ blocking as well. He cannot sustain a block to save his life.
Yet the coaches call plays which require him to sustain the critical block. Brilliant

Nav22

Reaction score
You also have to wonder how much is coaching. Well coached teams don’t commit as many penalties.

Still, I do agree that many of them (especially in this game and the NE game) have been questionable at best.

Nevertheless, I think the Cowboys will make the playoffs. I want us to go deep, even though I think we need a few more pieces. Running the ball will be a must.

The Bucs, Pack, and Cards all have better defenses than us. Will that change once we get all our guys back? I hope so, but we still will need to run it.
It’s not coaching. McCarthy’s teams in Green Bay were never penalized this much.

“Coaching” had zero to do with why Chris Godwin was allowed to BLATANTLY push off Jourdan Lewis with 2 hands and not get called for OPI as he made the game-winning play to get the Bucs into FG range.

There is no universe in which one of our receivers would get away with that. Remember Michael Gallup vs Jalen Ramsey in Week 1 last season?