The Real Reason TO is "injured"

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
Owens also took Freddie Mitchell "under his wing" in Philthy. That really worked out well. I don't see it. If there is a conspiracy it's him wanting to make a "heroic" comeback. He's not as self-less as you make him out to be.

The year TO was in Philly with Freddie - I went to the Eagles TC and saw Mitchell go all out from start to stop.
Making one hand grabs, laying out for ball tossed way too far in front of him.

What did it get him in the regular season.
Nothing.

McNabb ignored him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
good hearted gleeful days of Superbowl celebrates with beer lickers wine and womans scan tilly yet to pops or comeup.

:laugh2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
I was actually agreeing with you, but i guess your not bright enough to know it. Maybe if Roy threw up some signs you'd figure it out??

:bow:

tunahelper

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
After reading one of the other threads it dawned on me whats going on here. Call it a conspiracy theory if you like but I think it has some merit. TO knows he's not going to be around forever. So he has taken it upon himself to start grooming a replacement for when he decides to call it quits. This is why he has taken Hurd under his wing. And in order to get Hurd some playing time with the first stringers, TO has had a "sore hammy." I actually think it's quite noble of TO and it just goes to show that this "injury" isn't actually hurting the team, but helping it in the long run.

Or maybe it is a sore hamstring?
Has anyone hear played with a strained hamstring?
I have pulled them and it will take a week, maybe two in order to get it right.
Besides this conspiracy theory means TO is would want Dallas to have a replacement for him? Huh
Maybe he wants to be cut so he can struggle to find another contract?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said that this exact scenario hadn't flitted through my mind.

It is absurd and no where near the truth, I'm sure, but it did enter my mind as a possibility.

Anyone who thinks they know how TO's brain works is fooling themselves.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
After reading one of the other threads it dawned on me whats going on here. Call it a conspiracy theory if you like but I think it has some merit. TO knows he's not going to be around forever. So he has taken it upon himself to start grooming a replacement for when he decides to call it quits. This is why he has taken Hurd under his wing. And in order to get Hurd some playing time with the first stringers, TO has had a "sore hammy." I actually think it's quite noble of TO and it just goes to show that this "injury" isn't actually hurting the team, but helping it in the long run.

;) :p:

Once again, Hurd was not starting untill went down, not TO. Please use more facts next time you start a conspiracy;)

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
The worst part of this whole TO garbage is no one seems to take ANYTHING at face value anymore. People are always looking for an angle or hidden agenda. Whether it's TO's hammy, Romo starting Sat, whatever. Maybe I'm too old or something but I just don't believe there is something sinister behind every situation.

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:

;) :p:

"Mr. Enigma, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

;)

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Smashmouth24 said:
"Mr. Enigma, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

;)

Dang, what movie is that from? It's on the tip of my tounge..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CIWhitefish said:
The worst part of this whole TO garbage is no one seems to take ANYTHING at face value anymore. People are always looking for an angle or hidden agenda. Whether it's TO's hammy, Romo starting Sat, whatever. Maybe I'm too old or something but I just don't believe there is something sinister behind every situation.

:hammer:

ravidubey

Reaction score
There's no agenda, he's hurt and doesn't want to risk further injury. It's as simple as that. None of pain, sloth, being a primadonna, or dedication to a protege are issues-- these are the creation of people with too much time on their hands.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
There's no agenda, he's hurt and doesn't want to risk further injury. It's as simple as that. None of pain, sloth, being a primadonna, or dedication to a protege are issues-- these are the creation of people with too much time on their hands.

NOW THAT MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

Iago33

Reaction score
sf49rh8r said:
NOW THAT MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

Why be such a buzzkill? The conspiracy theories are much more interesting than a mundane injury.

How about, Owens is planning to transfer his brain to Hurd so that he can switch his own with Lance and then go win the Tour de France.

Or, Owens is lobbying to get Parcells to replace Bledsoe with McNabb. He's secretly told Bill that he won't see him on the field unless McNabb is in a Cowboys uniform.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
IMO, he realizes he is getting up their in age, and wants to save as much as possible for the regular season and not risk hurting himself further in a meaningless game

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
celebrates with beer lickers wine and womans scan tilly yet to pops or comeup.

PAR-TAY!!!!!!!

:bow: