The real reason why the Cowboys have not won a Super Bowl since 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Real name was Wilford Jones.

Started out selling pennants in 1962, and had the crazy whistle and did magic tricks.

Also worked the Tornados, Black Hawks, Rangers' games, and State Fair.

Had a special parking and all-access pass, and made virtually every home game.

Died in March of 2007 of diabetes and heart disease at the age of 78.

NFL films did a segment on him. He had to make a pretty good drive to Dallas for every home game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Rowdy%201.JPG

That's right! Rowdy is the reason! When did Rowdy become the Dallas Cowboys mascot? 1996 of course!

While all this time, the focus has been on Jerry, Garrett, etc., the real solution has been right there in front of us the whole time .. for the last 19 years .. it's ROWDY!

We need to get rid of Rowdy! The warcry is GROR!

Let me hear you GROR!!

:lmao2:

#realitysucks

I'm down for GROR and that means all the Rowdys we see here at CZ as well.

The default avatar is bad omen.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rowdy%201.JPG

That's right! Rowdy is the reason! When did Rowdy become the Dallas Cowboys mascot? 1996 of course!

While all this time, the focus has been on Jerry, Garrett, etc., the real solution has been right there in front of us the whole time .. for the last 19 years .. it's ROWDY!

Let me hear you GROR!!

#realitysucks

Wow, and people say I stir the pot. :muttley:

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for a @RunDMC thread titled Cut Rowdy, Sign Brandon Jacobs or Rowdy Appreciation thread.

Just depends on the time of day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Interesting show several interviews I've never seen before.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Being 24 years old is kind of a crappy era to grow up in as a Cowboys fan. Oh well, at least I have my Spurs. My ONLY actual memory from the Aikman era was being in an HEB back in '99 in San Antonio and the guy in the bakery or deli area told me that we won last night on a hail mary to Rocket Ismail and that we beat the Commanders. I heard about it the next day because we were down by like 2 or 3 touchdowns and I gave up on them (give me a break I was like 8 years old and I probably had school the next morning haha.) I also vaguely remember going with my dad to a game (this is when we were awful) to watch us play the Cardinals when they had Emmitt Smith. I was probably almost a teenager by then but I couldn't tell you who won. At least I've gotten the Romo era for the years and years we were awful with me growing up. Kind of sucks to know that it probably won't end the way I wanted it to.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Rowdy%201.JPG

Let me hear you GROR!!

#realitysucks

Checks out:

“I get down there sometimes it’s just not noticed,” Jones said Tuesday morning on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “That’s me in that Rowdy outfit every now and then.”

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Real name was Wilford Jones.

Started out selling pennants in 1962, and had the crazy whistle and did magic tricks.

Also worked the Tornados, Black Hawks, Rangers' games, and State Fair.

Had a special parking and all-access pass, and made virtually every home game.

Died in March of 2007 of diabetes and heart disease at the age of 78.

First time I saw Crazy Ray I was like 12 and attending games for the first time in 1965.

Back then I had never been around black people that much and segregation was still an issue..

but one afternoon Ray came down the aisle and was selling penanants and programs..

I was sitting on the end of the row and Ray passed us and I yelled at him..

" hey mister..can I have a flag?"

Hearing me he turned around and blew that shrill mouth whistle he had and came back up the stairs and sat down next to me.

He asked my name and he pulled out a balloon from his pocket and started to blow it up. He asked me how old I was and if I liked the Cowboys.

All the while he kept blowing up more balloons and wrapping them together and within 5 minutes he had made me dog and handed it to me smiling.

I just loved it and for years after that we had the same seats in the Cotton Bowl and he would come by and say hello or whatever.

The kids loved Ray and Ray loved the kids. The games back then we're so much more fun and family oriented and I wouldn't trade those early memories of the team and how great it was to watch the team grow into a national team for anything.

Thanx Ray.

As far as I'm concerned...Crazy Ray should have a statue out there next to Tom and his hat.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
He's just to chipper for my liking. Somebody needs to slap him in the head with a wet sock to get that grin off his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.