The REAL Truth About T.O.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
You end your post with don't scrutinize others because of their opinions yet you scrutinize.:rolleyes: He has an opinion and is entilted to it. There are many that happen to agree with him.

So I am not entitled to my opinion? Oh, I guess I am not a true fan of the Cowboys and should just go "find another team to root for since y'all don't need my kind." Well obviously everyone doesn't think like you do.

Yeah. Let's bring him here to work only then to bench him or cut ties for a season. Good call. Let's take reps from someone who needs them only to have #81 revgert back to not playing well with others. If you want to throw your money away I could use it. Only 1 year?! What the hell good would that do for Dallas at this point? We gonna give him the bank roll he wants for 1 year? Nobody is that coma-tose. Well, maybe Snyder.
That's what contract clauses and stipulations are for. If we don't get what we are paying for, would then have the right to cut T.O. and regain money if the clauses are in place. Unfortunately for the Eagles, they didn't have such clauses to prevent them from losing out.

To a degree I agree with this. However #81 did NOT keep it personal. He let the entire world know about his situation.
Be careful for what you say you think. The Taylors of the NFL could be moving to your neighborhood someday.
Too late. They are already here. But I am not going to moan and complain...just treat them with respect and keep to myself if they act like morons.

C'mon man. #81 went up against a franchise that he KNOWS are infamous for not renegotiating contracts. Give us all a break.
So you mean to tell me that, if you knew that millions of future dollars were on the line depending on your behavior, that you would continue with the same foolish ways? I will admit that T.O. has been foolish, but he is not an idiot. BTW, Owens was not always the pain that many are making him out to be. Check his first few years in San Francisco. He had good veteran leadership to guide him. It wasn't until Rice left and Mooch took over that Owens became flamboyant.

If you are sincere about what you speak, then get off the TO bandwagon right now. He won't bring any winning to any team at this point. The Eagles looked unstoppabpe and were in a better position then we are now when they brought TO. See their collapse. If you are truly a Dallas fan, you are not a TO fan as he will do nothing but ruin our team.
I'm glad to know that you can read the future. Maybe you can tell me who will win the SB for the next five years so I can bet all my earnings:D .

But seriously, to say that Owens will not bring anything but demise to any team is unfair. I believe that Owens can be good under certain systems, and he just has not been in the right system so far. I believe that Parcells can make a difference to Owens with his tough-love style of coaching that he brings to the table. Maybe Owens is beyond Parcells help like AB was, but you can't just assume that without at least bringing him in for an evaluation.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
If there is a player available that I believe will make Dallas better, I will want to see him come here, unlike those that would rather lose without TO than to win with him. I could care less about a players personal life;

You don't care that he showed extreme disrespect for the team you profess to love?? You don't care what he did on the star??

You don't care that he'd probably do to the Boys EXACTLY what he did to the Niners and Iggles??

Man, you'll put up with just about ANYTHING, won't you?? Where's your self-respect??

Sorry, that was a little confrontational, I don't mean to be insulting... but since this TO talk gets me all fired up, I'm not gonna edit it out...

Now I don't know the future, but I believe that Parcells could control a troubled player like Owens.

Yeah, that's what ALL you TO backers seem to think, that Parcells can control anything and anybody...

Well, TO is a punk, and quite probably a sociopath... NOBODY has controlled him in the past, and NOBODY ever will... you can't get through to such a self-involved jackass...

Also include that Owens knows that he messed up in Philly and loss out on some money for his actions, so he will act like he has some sense or his career is over.

You're dreaming... Owens will always be the same... once a turd, always a turd...

If Owens does come to Dallas and show his behind, then show him the door just like Antonio Bryant

And screw your salary cap in the process... if you think that Owens will sign a one year deal with ANYBODY, you're only fooling yourself...

Think about it, man-- why did the problems start in Philly??

Because he wanted MORE MONEY, that's why... and he's due to make 7.5 million this year... ain't no way he's gonna sign a contract for a bargain price, and ain't no way he's gonna go for a short-term deal...

IOW, you're not seeing the situation clearly at all, you don't grasp the reality of the situation...

but my money is on Owens being a team player,

Like pissing away your money, do you??

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't want TO even close to putting on the star. He's a $10 million dollar talent, but a $100 mil pain in whatever team's *** he is on... He has caused two franchises to implode. I don't have a desire to have the Cowboys be the next one!!!!!1

silverbear

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I was listening to Cowherd (I think it was him) a couple of weeks ago and he was quoting one of the Eagle players. He said something to this effect:

"You know, when TO came aboard, not one single player had their own webpage. He talked his up and now at least 9 have their own. They spend more time worrying about that than concentrating on football. They are worried about promotion and whether or not they are selling things."

This isn't a guy we want on our team...

How very interesting... hadn't heard that before, but of course I'm not surprised... just another example of how TO always puts himself ahead of anything else...

Any team that Terrell Owens is on is guaranteed NOT to be a team, in the truest sense of the word... in football in particular, you need to put together a group of guys who are willing to fight til the end for each other, who will sacrifice themselves for the greater good when necessary...

That sure as <bleep> ain't Terrell <bleeping> Owens...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
You don't care that he showed extreme disrespect for the team you profess to love?? You don't care what he did on the star??

You don't care that he'd probably do to the Boys EXACTLY what he did to the Niners and Iggles??

Man, you'll put up with just about ANYTHING, won't you?? Where's your self-respect??

Sorry, that was a little confrontational, I don't mean to be insulting... but since this TO talk gets me all fired up, I'm not gonna edit it out...

I think some of you are a little too emotional about the whole standing on the star thing. Yeah, I was upset, too, but I was even more upset that he burned our coverage in the first place. But I got over it and noved on. BTW, I have PLENTY of self respect. Never question that without even knowing me.

Yeah, that's what ALL you TO backers seem to think, that Parcells can control anything and anybody...

Well, TO is a punk, and quite probably a sociopath... NOBODY has controlled him in the past, and NOBODY ever will... you can't get through to such a self-involved jackass...

Maybe you are right; maybe you are wrong. But I would rather bring him in and have a talk to him to see where his head is at, than do nothing and let him go to a team like the Commanders, and have him torch us again on their way to the SB...

silverbear

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
So I am not entitled to my opinion? Oh, I guess I am not a true fan of the Cowboys and should just go "find another team to root for since y'all don't need my kind." Well obviously everyone doesn't think like you do.

Naw, Qwik went a little overboard with that line...

So you mean to tell me that, if you knew that millions of future dollars were on the line depending on your behavior, that you would continue with the same foolish ways?

He did with the Iggles... what makes you think he'd be any different in Dallas??

Now, a NORMAL person might wake up and smell the coffee, YOU might modify your behavior, in a situation like that... but I've said it before, and I'll probably say it a thousand times more before it's all over, TO is NOT "normal"... he is, in fact, a self-centered, self-aggrandizing sociopath... he feels the rules don't apply to him...

Until you see some concrete evidence that he has in fact changed, it's ridiculous to expect that he will... we're talking about an adult man here, a guy who's been around the block a few times, not some rookie fresh out of college...

I will admit that T.O. has been foolish, but he is not an idiot.

Yeah, actually, he is... a total, raving lunatic...

I'm glad to know that you can read the future. Maybe you can tell me who will win the SB for the next five years so I can bet all my earnings:D .

If you're really willing to bet that Owens will straighten up and fly right, as you suggested earlier in this thread, you won't have any money to bet... LOL...

But seriously, to say that Owens will not bring anything but demise to any team is unfair.

No, it isn't... it might be if he'd just messed up one team, that could just be atrributed to a bad fit, but he's done it to two teams now... three, really, he stuck it to the Baltimore Ravens pretty good, too...

It's like a guy who's been divorced, that might have just been a mistake, nobody's fault... but if he's been divorced 2, 3, or more times, that kinda suggests that the problem is HIS...

If I meet a girl with multiple divorces in her past, I'm sure gonna be wary of getting seriously involved with her...

And if that girl has vandalized my car (a metaphor for Owens dissing the Star), I'm DEFINITELY not gonna give her a second look... maybe you would, but I won't...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
My statements about T.O. are grounded in principle.
He represents all that is wrong with what we have become in this day and age and ultimately what will contribute to the breakdown of this great sport that we all love. He needs to be made an example of for the sake of the sport and it's future, not be given more money and a fresh start again because he can catch a football.

This kind of rif-raf would not have been tolerated a few decades ago. The coaches were more respected then and led their teams brilliantly. Nowadays, if you sell jerseys and put fans in the seats, you can get away with murder... and these immature players (and their agents) know that and take full advantage of it. Owners will open their wallets and override a coach's wishes thus decreasing the power of the leader and disciplinarian of a team... the coach. It gives the individual the ability to put themself above the sport which should not be tolerated.
No one should be above the game, or even the team for that matter.

It similar in terms of parenting. The parent (coach) must have absolute authority over the child (player) and their actions. If the child is allowed to misbehave, he and other children like him will only continue to do so increasingly thus setting the bar for future generations lower than the previous. At some point, a good spanking is in order.

And no, I will not spank T.O.:D

silverbear

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I think some of you are a little too emotional about the whole standing on the star thing.

And I think that any Cowboys fan who doesn't loathe that punk b***h for that BS is lacking something in the way of heart... bluntly, I wouldn't want anything to do with him even if he had been a model citizen in Philly...

Maybe you are right; maybe you are wrong. But I would rather bring him in and have a talk to him to see where his head is at[/quote]

Oh, I'm quite sure he'd be on his very best behavior in any interview, would say all the right things...

Problem is, actions speak louder than words... I know who TO really is, by the way he's acted... don't need to know any more...

than do nothing and let him go to a team like the Commanders, and have him torch us again on their way to the SB...

Oh, Jesus... you're worrying about NOTHING, the Skins have no interest in him at all... they have been REAL clear about that...

Is that REALLY your motivation, anyway, you're scared the Skins will get him?? Do you propose that the Cowboys try to sign EVERY free agent the Skins show interest in??

Gimme a break...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:

I have no clue as to why you responded in this fashion. Quote me saying you aren't entilted to your opinion. Quote me saying you need find another team to root for. I triple dog dare ya.

jdub2k4 said:
That's what contract clauses and stipulations are for. If we don't get what we are paying for, would then have the right to cut T.O. and regain money if the clauses are in place. Unfortunately for the Eagles, they didn't have such clauses to prevent them from losing out.

Signing bonuses ring a bell? How does one "stipulate" a signing bonus? You normally get those when you sign and I can guarantee #81 wants one. A big one. Remember.......He's got to feed his family. I just can't see throwing more than ten bucks his way.

Again your wasting valuable rep time here with another team possibility IF #81 isn't what we are paying for.

jdub2k4 said:
Too late. They are already here. But I am not going to moan and complain...just treat them with respect and keep to myself if they act like morons.

We're getting off topic here and I choose not to indulge.

jdub2k4 said:
So you mean to tell me that, if you knew that millions of future dollars were on the line depending on your behavior, that you would continue with the same foolish ways?

I would not. Absolutely. #81 does and has. The dude got a track record so it's no longer just an assumption. #81 now has to prove himself. Don't get so confused as to who did what.

jdub2k4 said:
I will admit that T.O. has been foolish, but he is not an idiot.

:laugh2: :lmao: :lmao2: Excuse me................he ATE 4 million dollars this year to feed his ego. Screw the family, #81 is hungry!!

jdub2k4 said:
BTW, Owens was not always the pain that many are making him out to be. Check his first few years in San Francisco. He had good veteran leadership to guide him. It wasn't until Rice left and Mooch took over that Owens became flamboyant.

B.S.
Again, don't confuse the infractor here. Blaming it on Mooch, Rice leaving the non-alignment of the stars or operation Iraqi freedom is wrong.
If you want to use excuses at least do us the favor and place the blame where it is a least concieveable. The only excuse you can get away with here is Rosenhaus, and even then no one was twisting #81's arm.

Oh heck. I forgot. He's just not understood.

jdub2k4 said:
But seriously, to say that Owens will not bring anything but demise to any team is unfair.

May be unfair but if you cause the virus.....take your medicine boy.

jdub2k4 said:
I believe that Owens can be good under certain systems, and he just has not been in the right system so far.

Now your just grasping. Please step out of your closet where the #81 shrine is built and seek help. It's obvious you like the guy and anyone in his right mind knows he's a bad arse on the field. But the point you seem to be missing is all the off the field antics. The I love me for me attitude is quite frankly old and very, very nauseating. I'd not expect that from a 6 year old.[/quote]

jdub2k4 said:
I believe that Parcells can make a difference to Owens with his tough-love style of coaching that he brings to the table. Maybe Owens is beyond Parcells help like AB was, but you can't just assume that without at least bringing him in for an evaluation.

The Eagles did evaluate him. He's very deceptive when he wants. It's when he obtains and his ego addiction kicks in and needs a fix is what worries me.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I have no clue as to why you responded in this fashion. Quote me saying you aren't entilted to your opinion. Quote me saying you need find another team to root for. I triple dog dare ya.

I wasn't qouting you. I was quoting Quickdraw and chaning the perspective to answer your question.