The real Zeke - finally!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Elliott's drive and effort can't be questioned. He brings it every play. And he was certainly not the reason why the team was losing. When the defense was giving up scores, it gave these coaches all the reason they needed to abandon the run, which they do at the first sign of adversity.

But Zeke was awesome yesterday and the flow of the game kept him in it.
Not sure a guy's effort who comes into every season out of shape is beyond questioning...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I must admit I would like to see his 2016 burst return.

Certainly and I am concerned it may never quite be the same. I don't think its effort though.

There was a game last year where he took a hit to the hip (I believe his left hip). There was some discussion here on the zone about the hit. He has never looked the same to me.

I was hoping it was something that the off season would take care of ....

johneric8

Reaction score
Zeke was great along with the entire team, but you guys need to keep in mind that it's okay to be a run centric team, but we have to be able to adapt and change gears when teams are stuffing the box and daring us to run. Where we're at now is the run should our first option but if teams are selling out when need to be able to adjust on the fly to exploit it quickly and efficiently. In years past, the run was all we had, now we are more well rounded and it's time to show we can adapt. If these teams figures out to be quicker on reading what the defense is doing and attack, this offense will be scary. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the defense keeps rebelling against our putrid, decrepit and outdated defensive philosophy.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Imagine if Cooper Roche was the quarterback. I don’t care how Great Elliot is. We lose. Give credit to the offense not just one player
Hey, he lead a TD drive in his only possession. :lmao2:

I'm being cheeky here, but it's true!

Javier

Reaction score
But.. but,.,. Pollard should be the starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe zeke was there it was just they went pass happy. Dont run zeke east west he and the oline is built to go one way and that's forward
I was going to break the TV. LOL if he ran sideways on

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Elliott is a very hard & aggressive runner. Every player is going to have mediocre games as well as good games. Expectations are always going to be high from the fanbase.

In this case, Elliott had a great game with 103 rushing yards early in the second half, and finished with 160 total yards from scrimmage to go along with two touchdowns, becoming only the third player in franchise history with at least 100 rushing yards in more than 25 games.

"Zeke Who?"Oh my lol.