The reality about our offense

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We can go on and on about the weapons on offense we have...but the reality is that we do not have any consistent speed on offense. Why do you think the Giants, Packers and Commanders SHOW NO FEAR PRESSING OUR WRs? I mean Witten got jammed at the LOS of scrimmage by Fred Smoot! Are you kidding me?

By consistent I mean our starters. Our other speed guys are Austin and Felix. Well Felix is a rookie who they cannot get on the field enough...and Austin is still developing. So the reality is teams can shadow Owens....and dare the other guys to get seperation. Man coverage is the easiets coverage for a QB to read. But the receiving options have to be able to beat it....and other than Owens...our option cannot.

And please don't give me stats. WATCH THE GAME. Against teams with the personell to man up....we struggle.

Jerry needs to stop thinking this problem will fix itself. And beating the crap out of Cincy does not mean the problem is fixed. The Cowboys have to measure themselves against how they play against good teams, and how they respond to teams that attack them at there weakness. And continuing to deploy the same scheme/personell against good man pressing teams will continue to yield the same results. Get a REAL STARTING #2 WR and our entire offense will open up REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PLAY

And again, do not throw meaningless statistics in my face....we ALL WATCH THE GAME....and so that is the REAL PROOF.

Lastly, at this rate...TO will be out of gas by week 10. Constant doubling and tripling him is not good for him, this offense, and ultimatley the defense.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2294983 said:
We can go on and on about the weapons on offense we have...but the reality is that we do not have any consistent speed on offense. Why do you think the Giants, Packers and Commanders SHOW NO FEAR PRESSING OUR WRs? I mean Witten got jammed at the LOS of scrimmage by Fred Smoot! Are you kidding me?

By consistent I mean our starters. Our other speed guys are Austin and Felix. Well Felix is a rookie who they cannot get on the field enough...and Austin is still developing. So the reality is teams can shadow Owens....and dare the other guys to get seperation. Man coverage is the easiets coverage for a QB to read. But the receiving options have to be able to beat it....and other than Owens...our option cannot.

And please don't give me stats. WATCH THE GAME. Against teams with the personell to man up....we struggle.

Jerry needs to stop thinking this problem will fix itself. And beating the crap out of Cincy does not mean the problem is fixed. The Cowboys have to measure themselves against how they play against good teams, and how they respond to teams that attack them at there weakness. And continuing to deploy the same scheme/personell against good man pressing teams will continue to yield the same results. Get a REAL STARTING #2 WR and our entire offense will open up REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PLAY

And again, do not throw meaningless statistics in my face....we ALL WATCH THE GAME....and so that is the REAL PROOF.

Lastly, at this rate...TO will be out of gas by week 10. Constant doubling and tripling him is not good for him, this offense, and ultimatley the defense.

I disagree I don't like the game plan garrett employed he knows TO was going to be double and played man to man yet they barely moved him around if you go back to GB game last year and saw how Garrett used TO its should be like that more often don't just roll over and take what the defense is throwing at you.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Commanders were not worried at all in regards to the run. All they had to do was drop back in coverage. How effective are you going to be vertically if you aren't running play-action? While Garrett may be trying to implement the vertical passing game that made Dallas dominant in the 90s, he better realize that play-action and a bruising running game was a major part of the success.

And Romo needs to stop changing the running plays at the line... Let the offensive line bruise their opponents.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
The game plan was abbandoned too early. Eight rushes for Barber?? the game was never so far out of reach to abandon that. Our offense gave our defense no shot. Washington's D was a beast from begining to end because they had lots of time to rest. Pure and simple, we came to play and Washington came to win. They were better at every position yesterday. It happens.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
none of you have refuted my point. Other than Owens...the rest of our starter on OFFENSE are painfully slow. And teams are exploiting that. Think about it...we beat the Packers with our starting WRs catching 2 balls for 17 yards. Our explosive plays came from backups.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Again, I was surprised about how little the Cowboys even attempted to run the ball yesterday.

They aren't slow. This is the NFL all of the players are great athletes.
I think we all forget that sometimes.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
who on our offense has any speed. Witten, Crayton, Barber? Do you see the fear Santanna Moss puts in our entire defense? Do you see the kinds of games has against us all the time? It is because of his speed. It compromises our entire defense

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We have the best offense in the league and it's not even close.

Scheme beats scheme. If a team plays man on man, then you play to beat man coverage. If a team plays zone, then you play a scheme that beats zone.

Put your fire hat down, nothing is burning. Our offense had two issues last night. Romo's chaotic accuracy and offensive/defensive scheme. Last night the Commanders out coached the Cowboys.

This has happen on several occasions, but the Cowboys have probably the best talent in the league and can overcome the coaching issues.

Last night was a divisional game and those can be close no matter how much better you are. Tie that with a poor coaching job, and your goose is cooked.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2295041 said:
who on our offense has any speed. Witten, Crayton, Barber? Do you see the fear Santanna Moss puts in our entire defense? Do you see the kinds of games has against us all the time? It is because of his speed. It compromises our entire defense

I think if we ran the ball more we wouldn't have lost. I don't think we need speed all though it would help so the D won't shadow TO all the time however the run also gets the safeties drawn into the box when you decide to abandon the run because you are down a TD is really sad.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
When your offense puts up at least 24 points per game, you should win. You should not expect your offense to have to put up more than that. If you do, then your problem is on defense.

The defense is what got exposed and destroyed yesterday, because as bad as the offense played, they still put up 24 points, which should be enough to win consistantly in the NFL.

Reaction score
bbailey423;2295041 said:

Just reinforces my point that we should have drafted DeSean Jackson.

4.65 Wr's and 6th and 7th round projects are not the way to go. I want a guy you dominated in college and i dont care if he is 165 pounds.

Speed scares people. Not slow duds who cant keep their mouth shut or WR's who play 3-4 years AFTER they were drafted

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2295090 said:
Just reinforces my point that we should have drafted DeSean Jackson.

4.65 Wr's and 6th and 7th round projects are not the way to go. I want a guy you dominated in college and i dont care if he is 165 pounds.

Speed scares people. Not slow duds who cant keep their mouth shut or WR's who play 3-4 years AFTER they were drafted

I think.... NOT!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2295092 said:
Better to learn lessons in September rather than December. This was a good loss

Didn't we learn this lesson last year before the season ended? :banghead:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2295092 said:
Better to learn lessons in September rather than December. This was a good loss

Sorry, but HELL NO.

Losing last week would have been a "Good Loss".

Losing a division game at home to a lesser team is NOT a "Good loss".

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DeSean Jackson would look lovely in our offense. And this is not about learning a lesson in September. The guys on offense we have will not get any faster...as the season progresses they will actually get slower. And TO is going to wear down physically and mentally from all the double teams. Again, the speed of Santanna Moss controls our entire defensive pysche.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2295114 said:
DeSean Jackson would look lovely in our offense. And this is not about learning a lesson in September. The guys on offense we have will not get any faster...as the season progresses they will actually get slower. And TO is going to wear down physically and mentally from all the double teams. Again, the speed of Santanna Moss controls our entire defensive pysche.

Halle Berry looks lovely in a thong.