The reality about our offense

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2295090 said:
Just reinforces my point that we should have drafted DeSean Jackson.

4.65 Wr's and 6th and 7th round projects are not the way to go. I want a guy you dominated in college and i dont care if he is 165 pounds.

Speed scares people. Not slow duds who cant keep their mouth shut or WR's who play 3-4 years AFTER they were drafted

Dominating in college does not always translate. Lienart is on the bench, Rob Gallery was a DOMINANT player, Mike Williams, etc.

Speed...Reggie Bush has only a few good games thus far.
Sinorice Moss fast not that good.

gocowboys25

Reaction score
Why does it take them so long to learn these lessons. They were suppose to learn something from december and january last year and it doesn't seem like much was learned at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
bbailey423,

You have a thread about how bad the offense is and how bad the defense is. You have offically reached Chicken Little status. :rolleyes:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2295118 said:
Halle Berry looks lovely in a thong.
i see somewhat can find the humor in losing a division game at home.....in losing 5 out of the last 7 to the Commanders

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Rack;2295109 said:
Sorry, but HELL NO.

Losing last week would have been a "Good Loss".

Losing a division game at home to a lesser team is NOT a "Good loss".

No, losing last week would have been a safe loss. Losing to the Commanders the way we did (where we didn't play horrible but got beat at every position) can be a good loss. We need a wake up call. Rudy came in and beat us with his heart. I don't think Dallas shows up in DC the way they defended their home yesterday.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2295129 said:
No, losing last week would have been a safe loss. Losing to the Commanders the way we did (where we didn't play horrible but got beat at every position) can be a good loss. We need a wake up call. Rudy came in and beat us with his heart. I don't think Dallas shows up in DC the way they defended their home yesterday.

Sorry, but NO. It was a home DIVISION game. You just can't afford to lose division games at home. No way in hell was it a "Good loss".

Better to lose like that to the bengals then to a division rival (at home).

I know what you're saying. It's all about helping to change the mentality of the team, or humbling them, but a division loss at home isn't going to turn into a "W" when (more like IF) the team starts playing with some testies.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
nyc;2295124 said:
bbailey423,

You have a thread about how bad the offense is and how bad the defense is. You have offically reached Chicken Little status. :rolleyes:
look....I knew we would not go 16-0....so losing is going to happen....but when your weakness get exposed in a loss...and those are the same weaknesses that caused you to lose the year before....you tell me why I should not be concerned?

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2295120 said:
Dominating in college does not always translate. Lienart is on the bench, Rob Gallery was a DOMINANT player, Mike Williams, etc.

Speed...Reggie Bush has only a few good games thus far.
Sinorice Moss fast not that good.

I am talking about speed.....

Mike Williams was 4.5 WR who was lazy.. so he played slow...

Reggie Bush plays his role well.. he is a Marshall faulk type back that needs to be in the right system. He will catch 80 plus balls. And you cant teach his 4.3 speed.

Sinorce Moss is 5'8 and cant be seen by his Qb's

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;2295109 said:
Sorry, but HELL NO.

Losing last week would have been a "Good Loss".

Losing a division game at home to a lesser team is NOT a "Good loss".

Agreed.

And Austin is emerging. He is bringing more speed to the table.

Im not worried about Dallas's speed. We play Physical football and the reason why we lost yesterday is because we weren't physical on both sides of the ball.

Dallas's offense is amazing AS-IS.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Rack;2295138 said:
Sorry, but NO. It was a home DIVISION game. You just can't afford to lose division games at home. No way in hell was it a "Good loss".

Better to lose like that to the bengals then to a division rival (at home).

I know what you're saying. It's all about helping to change the mentality of the team, or humbling them, but a division loss at home isn't going to turn into a "W" when (more like IF) the team starts playing with some testies.

Agree to disagree. Losing in an environment where you are suppossed to lose would do little to change this teams passion, IMHO. But defending your home against a division team that you are suppossed to beat (especially the Commanders)... if that doesn't cause change in passion then not too much will. I'll take this lump in September and take it smiling rather than backsliding into the playoffs for our third loss in four weeks.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
So just speed (although you stated both)...

Lots of fast guys out there that just don't make it at the NFL level.

I guess that extra inch for Santana makes all the difference.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2295162 said:

you bout to be on my iggy list which will be a first ever.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2295162 said:

Santana has more heart and is more durable...

There is a reason Steve Smith is ahead of Sinorce..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2295158 said:
Agree to disagree. Losing in an environment where you are suppossed to lose would do little to change this teams passion, IMHO. But defending your home against a division team that you are suppossed to beat (especially the Commanders)... if that doesn't cause change in passion then not too much will. I'll take this lump in September and take it smiling rather than backsliding into the playoffs for our third loss in four weeks.

This was just a bad loss man.

Im sure they will learn from it and everything but this was a bad game to pick to learn their NFL life lessons.

If I was on the team and lost yesterday the only thing I would come away thinking is we just didn't bring it yesterday and we are the better team.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Funny, the Browns and Eagles pressed our WR's all day long and the Packers weren't afraid to press our WR's either. All the pressing our WR's got the Commanders was 24 points allowed and 1 turnover on 5.9 yards per play. Not exactly shutting down the offense and I'd gander than the other 31 teams in the league would take that from their offense any game of the week.

The problem with this game and in particular the team is the defense. The offense did it's job to reasonably win the game. Last year 24 points per game would've put the team in 9th for points scored. But when you give up points, I think defense is the problem.

YAKUZA

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2295188 said:
Funny, the Browns and Eagles pressed our WR's all day long and the Packers weren't afraid to press our WR's either. All the pressing our WR's got the Commanders was 24 points allowed and 1 turnover on 5.9 yards per play. Not exactly shutting down the offense and I'd gander than the other 31 teams in the league would take that from their offense any game of the week.

The problem with this game and in particular the team is the defense. The offense did it's job to reasonably win the game. Last year 24 points per game would've put the team in 9th for points scored. But when you give up points, I think defense is the problem.

YAKUZA

Our offense wasn't up to ur standards I really could care less who would take that lame performance from our offense yesterday. Thats not the cowboy offense I've grown used to seeing this past year and a half.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2295188 said:

YAKUZA
the defense is a problem for sure....but too many 3 and outs...to many possesion where we did not take any time off the clock...and the only reason we scored 24 points is because the skins defense went zone....the only rhythm we showed on offense all day is when the skins went zone...when they were in man we looked a mess