The reason why Jason Garrett has not been fired

J12B

Reaction score
Because Jerry Jones won't have to fire him at the end of the season.

Jason Garrett's contract ends at the conclusion of this season so Jerry doesn't want to do him like that and tarnish their friendship.

This is the problem when you do business with friends and family.

Jerry sucks as GM. If you can even consider him one.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Jason Garrett's contract ends at the conclusion of this season so Jerry doesn't want to do him like that and tarnish their friendship.

So happy we have another one of these threads. The other 42093809 of them werent enough.

Praxit

Reaction score
..whats that saying? "dont mix friends with business?" ..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BS. I fired 2 of my best friends in life to make my program better. One of them after a 4-0 start in the middle of a season where we ended up 12-1. Jerry hasn't fired him because he doesn't like to be told what do to. Plain and simple. They're no friends in business.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Wrong. Jason isn't fired because who will they replace him with? Moore? Too young I think Cowboys want him to stick around with a new coach. Richard? What if he does good and wins a game in the playoffs. Do we have to keep him as coach even if they don't want to? No, the reason Jason isn't fired is because Jerry wants to start brand new in the off-season. He doesn't want to bring in a guy at head coach then demote/fire him in 3 months. All the coaches Jerry really wants at H.C aren't here yet, and they won't come till our/their seasons are over.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reason he hasn't been fired is because it's rare to fire head coaches mid-season, particularly when they are sitting in first place in their division.

Yes, I know it's first place with a weak record, but it's still 1st place, and sitting in strong position to make the playoffs, Coaches don't get fired in that situation.

Besides, with 3 games left what would it accomplish. A new coach would be stuck with the same coaches, schemes, systems, processes etc … Why not start a new coach when he has a chance to step in and change things from day 1?

silvernblu

Reaction score

Yes. Jerry let’s personal connections and emotions override his decisions.

This is why he always overpaid veterans in decline and busted the salary cap.

He needs an enforcer to provide a buffer. To be the bad guy so he can still be the good guy.